• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    Well, I find that the hardest modes on most games now are rather mild...but hey, whatever. As to multiplayer, I've always hated it. Why should I have to play with other people for a challenge? The solo mode should be where the action is. That is why metroid prime hunters failed for me. So badly.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well, I find that the hardest modes on most games now are rather mild...but hey, whatever. As to multiplayer, I've always hated it. Why should I have to play with other people for a challenge? The solo mode should be where the action is. That is why metroid prime hunters failed for me. So badly.

Like I said before, a game can only be so fun after you 100% it. With multiplayer you're guaranteed a different experience every time, albeit on the same map, but still. You're working with real humans, not AI. And the AI will never work as good as humans do.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Aren't Fighting games built around that philosophy?

Basically every game that has more than an exclusive single player experience has that philosophy in some way or another, or I'd like to think.

Multiplayer games are becoming pretty popular, and replay value is an important part of a game.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Is that a good thing?

I really can't tell. o3o

Well, games are having much longer lifespans due to them. And it gets really interesting how the multiplayer works out when it's not just the "X vs Y Capture The Flag" kind of multiplayer. Demon's Souls is a great example, but it appears I am the only active member on this forum that actually owns a copy.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    Well, games are having much longer lifespans due to them. And it gets really interesting how the multiplayer works out when it's not just the "X vs Y Capture The Flag" kind of multiplayer. Demon's Souls is a great example, but it appears I am the only active member on this forum that actually owns a copy.

Because people don't play the PS3, you silly little man.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I only have to fighting games for the Xbox 360, Street Fighter IV, and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe(Which is addicting)

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    Killzone 2 was a pain, especially on Elite. I got half way through then I lost my game saves. Totally gutted. Killzone 3 looks interesting, the online mode's going to change due to the improved classes and vehicles. So it's taken some ideas from Battlefield by the looks of it. Though the vehicles will make or break that game's online I think.

That Demon Souls is on my Jan Sales list, as I'd like to play it but there's other games I'd rather play instead. So I'll pick it up when it's like £15.

Most games are easier because of the Trophies/Achievements. Some people will buy a game for the sole purpose of getting them, so when making the game I think the developers keep that in mind.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'd settle for having a console newer than my now-ancient PS2, but having said that I rarely ever play console games anymore anyway.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I'd like a PS3 if I could afford it, if only because the Wii is a virtual dead zone as far as JRPG's go...
    The Wii is a virtual dead zone for most genres, period. As far as I know, the only things worth playing on that console are the No More Heroes games.

As for the PlayStation 3, there are only a few good exclusives for that console; Valkyria Chronicles, God of War III, Metal Gear Solid 4, Yakuza 3, and the Resistance and Uncharted franchises all come to mind. For everything else, you'd be better off with an Xbox 360.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My brother is lamenting the lack of good Wii games (he's actually the one in the family with the game console; I just have a DS Lite). Then again, he has none of the Mario games or Brawl, which honestly I thought he would have bought by now :/

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, the PS3 is more axed on hardcore games, while the Wii is casual. This explains the WiiSports, the WiiFit and other stuff.

My favorite game for the Wii will always remain SSBB. I got it borrowed from a friend and I can't stop playing that stupid storyline !
    And I can play as Lucario = awesomeness.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I honestly think my XBox360 and Wii are enough xD. Plus, I'm way too busy.
    EDIT: Yo Mama's so fat, she downloaded cheats for Wii Fit! Sorry if that offends anyone.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I have a 360. I find that to be enough.

Since I despise the Dualshock 3 and the Sixaxis AND I NEED GOOD CONTROLLERS, the 360 is super peachy. n_n

If I had a Wii though, Tatsunoko VS. Capcom would be on the top of my, 'Get' list.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have a 360. I find that to be enough.

Since I despise the Dualshock 3 and the Sixaxis AND I NEED GOOD CONTROLLERS, the 360 is super peachy. n_n

If I had a Wii though, Tatsunoko VS. Capcom would be on the top of my, 'Get' list.
    Do you have Mortal Kombat vs D.C. Universe? You should consider it :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back