• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I was never huge on the TCG, not compared to my addiction to Yu-Gi-Oh at one point, but I loved collecting a lot of the Kanto/Hoenn cards when they came out.

Sinnoh was also pretty fun but my parents didn't want me to get addicted to my card games again so I haven't brought a deck since.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I never really got into Pokemon cards. It was always Yu-gi-oh cards for me.

There was this time when I was in Year 1 and our deputy principal came around to classes to say something and she saw someone playing with these cards. She took a pair of scissors and slowly cut the cards in half and threw them in the bin. It was traumatising experience, even though they weren't my cards. ;_;
    Ooh I did love Yuugiou cards so much. <3 I played competitively for a couple of years and even got up pretty high in the official standings. /dork

Though, that sounds horrible. >_O I know they're just cards and all, but she shouldn't have done that. A teacher at a middle school I went to do did the same and she never heard the end of it from the kid's parents and the superintendent.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I remember when I was in elementary school, everyone was into Yugioh. I was the only girl who played, or even took an interest haaaaa.

I don't think Pokemon cards were ever a huge thing here, but everyone played the games.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I didn't know anyone who played Yu-Gi-Oh, even after the whole Pokemon thing started dying down.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Hate to say it, but Pokémon as a trading card game was completely broken, it was far to easy to gain insane amounts of card advantage, and tutor your deck. Yu-gi-oh wasn't/isn't quite as bad but still suffers from a huge power creep. Now the best tcg out there is Magic, not saying it's perfectly balanced, but it is the most balanced I've seen out of any card game I've played.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Magic cards! There's this "phase" of Magic that's been going for the last two years around my peer group. I joined in, but then got bored because I wasn't willing to spend good money for a pro deck and wasn't good enough at deck-building to make the same good deck for less.

Now it's Yu-gi-oh.

The thing is, where Magic offsets card power with casting cost, Yu-gi-oh does it with monetary cost. -_- The goodness of a card is almost directly relative to the price...

For example, say there's a card in Magic that deals 3 damage for 1 mana (like Lightning Bolt) and there's a card that deals 5 damage for 2 mana, then they'd be a similar price. The latter may cost more mana per damage, but it deals more damage in total.

In Yu-gi-oh, one would just be deal 300 and the other deal 500. The latter would be more expensive. =|

Last edited:

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I also collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but I've never actually used them.

I originally had about 100 cards, then my next door neighbor decided to give me his WHOLE COLLECTION which included exactly 2,722 cards. HOLY. That was A LOT of money spent on that many cards, and he gives it to me. Crazy people these days...mumble...

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I was never into Yu-Gi-Oh to begin with, and I haven't played Magic: the Gathering in years.

Years
    I've played organized play for both Magic: The Gathering and Pokemon.

Magic is much harder to win in Standard because there's just so many more players than in Pokemon's equivalent, and the best have been playing for years and years, as well as the older sets tending to run rampant on standard because their decks are more established or have better mechanics.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    "The film was released March 26, 2010, to near universal acclaim."

Universal acclaim.

UNIVERSAL ACCLAIM.

IT'S UNIVERSAL ACCLAIM!!!!111111111111

sorry, spazzing about How To Train Your Dragon. ^^

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    alice in wonderland was pure eye candy. the visuals effects were amazing and the newly done characters are interesting. the chesire cat was my absolute favorite. in 3-d you could see all his furryness but he's still has that weird creepy factor to it. for some reason everybody in the movie call the place underland, my friends and I found that to be weird but overall it was worth paying extra and watching it awkwardly with the 3-d glasses in front of my regular glasses

I'm watching mega shark versus giant octopus and it is easily the worst movie i've ever seen, the acting and script are horrible, but the final battle is about to take place so i can't stop looking

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back