• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Alice in Wonderland? Not bad. I liked it but didn't love it. Great effects, but I think it could've been a bit more.. "magical". I dunno if that's the right word...
    But if I have to recommend any movie out I'd say Clash of the Titans, just got back from it and it's quite amazing~ I also wanna see How to Train your Dragon though, too...

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Magic cards! There's this "phase" of Magic that's been going for the last two years around my peer group. I joined in, but then got bored because I wasn't willing to spend good money for a pro deck and wasn't good enough at deck-building to make the same good deck for less.

Now it's Yu-gi-oh.

The thing is, where Magic offsets card power with casting cost, Yu-gi-oh does it with monetary cost. -_- The goodness of a card is almost directly relative to the price...

For example, say there's a card in Magic that deals 3 damage for 1 mana (like Lightning Bolt) and there's a card that deals 5 damage for 2 mana, then they'd be a similar price. The latter may cost more mana per damage, but it deals more damage in total.

In Yu-gi-oh, one would just be deal 300 and the other deal 500. The latter would be more expensive. =|
    I believe it, a friend of mine was/is really into it. He spent roughly 1200 on his zombie deck.

I've played organized play for both Magic: The Gathering and Pokemon.

Magic is much harder to win in Standard because there's just so many more players than in Pokemon's equivalent, and the best have been playing for years and years, as well as the older sets tending to run rampant on standard because their decks are more established or have better mechanics.
    It sounds like you're saying older sets are allowed in standard. Standard's the last 2 blocks + core set. Extended/Vintage/Legacy sounds like what you're talking about. =/

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I want to see Clash of the titans as well. I'll see that before I see How to train your Dragon

Nyeah, that looks alright.
    But I'm seeing How to train your dragon on Tuesday so that'll be good.

I might also see the new Robin Hood because it's near my birthday n.n

Years
    I've got a VHS player... but no VHS tapes that I'm interested in watching in it. XD;

I should check to see if my parents have any interesting movies on VHS. Haven't watched any of them since we got our first DVD player in 2001. ;)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i have a weird feeling that VHS tapes won't be as prized or valuable in the future like vinyl discs are today

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i can't tell the difference between blu-ray and HD-DVD but blu-ray suppose to last longer because of its added blue coat

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Yes, but who needs 50GB to watch a movie?

And ORZ ORZ ASDFGHJJKLASDFGJHLKJASDDFHLJK. in order to try and lower my girlfriend's embarrassment at her "weirdness", I tried and things got awkward really quickly... like i had to explaain stuff. I'll leave it as "stuff".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back