• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uke

Was .little monster
Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    To be frank I find it easier to use the English language than my Home Countries. XD
    English is a lot easier than many other languages. Such as Russian, Japanese, Malay, and etc.

Anglo estas faciege ol lingvoj multaj aliaj. Kiel Ruso, Japano, Malajo, kaj plu.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I have affection for the English language, and all its nature of gratuitous word-borrowing from other languages. But after an English class devoted solely to complete, 'proper' grammar down to the tiniest, most minuscule details such as when to use Arabic numbers and when to write words, I'm a little scared off from 'proper, proper' English.

Pretty certain that there a handful of wonderful languages out there with a little more sense in their formal grammar rules.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • *Leaps into conversations*

What's up guys, just got home about an hour ago from work and I'm really tired but figured I'd come on here and see what's going on.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It's been English for a while now... soooo:

I'm going to buy Where the Wild Things Are, on blu ray today

As well, I will buy the Sonic Classic Collection on DS.

Uke

Was .little monster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    My AP English class is pretty easy..

Mia klaso de SA Anglo estas facile..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I will never take an AP class. I never do my homework in the first place. What makes you think I'll pass an AP class? XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • They didn't offer AP classes at my high school. :( I wish they had because I would've taken them.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    They're a load of brutality. Unless one gets their priorities straight, the chances of doing well in an AP class is rather slim to being with. Plus, you would have to deal with the AP exam, which is the hardest thing about taking an AP course. If the course itself doesn't wear you down, the 3 hour long exam at the end of the course probably would. D:
    A load of brutality for you, maybe. I managed to get As in all but one of the AP classes I took without really trying that hard, and I also managed to pass all of my AP exams with at least 3s.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • They're a load of brutality. Unless one gets their priorities straight, the chances of doing well in an AP class is rather slim to being with. Plus, you would have to deal with the AP exam, which is the hardest thing about taking an AP course. If the course itself doesn't wear you down, the 3 hour long exam at the end of the course probably would. D:
    I probably would've learnt some work ethic if they'd been available, then. I breezed through elementary and high school which hit me hard in university because suddenly I had to study and I honestly had no idea how. D:

Years
  • How hard the workload is and how difficult the work is depend highly on the type of school that one attends. From experience attending three different high schools that offer some sort of AP/Pre-AP options, I can confirm this as a fact. Of course, how well prepared you are for the exams themselves, which are the same for everyone, would be helped by over-preparation. In the end, it's the exam itself that matters most of all.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Honestly, I wish my high school had offered more AP courses so I wouldn't have to take the basic chemistry and physics courses. Chemistry wasn't so bad, but my physics professor was a complete nutcase. A very humorous nutcase, but still a nutcase.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Dude, if you wanted a nutcase, you should've seen my health teacher.

Screw outdoor track. I wanted to have a really awesome senior season, but we had to get all these twits in who have convinced me that I want to quit three days into the season.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • My Home Economics teacher is cra-a-zy. She sings to us in class, she wipes her face with a cotton bud every lesson, she doesn't help us cook, she cracks jokes no one finds funny, and not to mention she wears the weirdest clothes.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Weird clothes = awesome teacher, thank you.

Most of my teachers are pretty normal, most.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    My geography teacher was the greatest ever. His way of demonstrating how earthquakes work was to slam a brick on someone's desk. An actual brick, that he only had for exactly this purpose. We never learnt a thing with him, but his lessons were certainly the most enjoyable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back