• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Day-care center.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • The Cay care center, home to the place where you can breed Pokemon until your heart is content. Like the other games, the Day care center is where you can level your Pokemon when you're off doing other stuff, like training some other Pokemon in the field, or just travelling somewhere. There are many benefits to the day care center in this game, but one thing's certain, is that it's a lot closer to the beginning than in other games.

What are your thoughts on the Day Care center?

I like the Day Care center in these games. Not having access to Ditto means it takes a while to get the Pokemon you want to breed together. I also like having the day care center close to the beginning, so you can train multiple Pokemon at a time. One thing that really stands out for me in the day care center, is the fact that you're only restricted to having one Pokemon in there at a time until you reach Nimbasa City, which is good, so yuo can't really abuse it all that much until later on in the game. :)

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    I like the day care center because it helps to train your pokemon. It also helps by if your pokemon is weak it wiil make it faster.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i love that the daycare center is closer to the begining of the game

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I dont really mind XD i thought it was it being available early on wasn't something special though. In Platinum it is available around 1/3 through the game and in Hoenn the beginning too. So i didnt mind.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like it...for some reason though my pokemon level up quickly in the day care...at least faster than the other games it does...
    I think it's as good as any other day care other than that...

Years
  • I have never used the day care center out of the realm of breeding. This sad reality makes me feel like a pimp. It is super useful. But I have to say I like that it is conveniently next to a random pre-school playground. Like preschool + day care makes it fit, whereas in previous generations it was just there. I.E. 4th generation, what did breeding have to do with cowboys/girls?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like how you can get to the Day Care early in the game, but I don't like how you're limited to only 1 Pokemon in there until you get to Nimbasa. I was planning on looking for another Drilbur in Wellspring Cave and breeding it with the one I already caught at first, but that was a no-go for me.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Love how fast getting an egg can be sometimes. Do wish that there was more point to Xtransceiver calls. Though the Daycare Man could have a creepy wrinkled face.

I LOL'd in one of my older White runs when I named "her": Juicy

"Heeey, Juicy! Come over here!"

Who what now?

Years
  • I like the day care. It helps you raise your Pokemon and you are able to get more Pokemon by breeding them there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The early location of the daycare didn't matter much to me since I don't start serious breeding until after I finish the game anyway. And since I'm not going to use any of the new Pokemon in my main battling team, I'll just transfer them over and probably won't do much breeding at all.

o3o

Years
  • I do like the Daycare, though I wish that there was some feature (like the Pokétch in Platinum or the Pokégear in HG/SS) that notified you when there was an egg, if you weren't near the Daycare. Perhaps it could've been something to do with the Xtransceiver. But I'm not complaining; overall, it's good, and hasn't really gotten better or worse for me, apart from the fact that it's available quite early on, which I quite like.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i like that u have access to it earlier in the games.
    wish there was a better way to have them let you know u have an egg ready than him yelling at u when u walk in front of him but i guess its ok. maybe get a text through the xtansiever but as long as its not a call it would be better.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Most of the time I don't breed anyways until I've beaten the game and caught a Ditto, so the Daycare Center being at the beginning of the game doesn't make a difference to me. I think it would have been cute if there were more Pokemon running in the yard though! >:(

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I think this Day Care levels your Pokes the fastest! But it may be just me... Also I like the idea of a human day care. IMO the best day care yet!

Years
  • I don't usually bcrazy with the daycare center until I'm done with the Blanket and just want to have some extra fun by raising some pokemon I didn't get around to before beating the E4 and champ.

I do like when it's located. I'm sure it was helpful to someone somewhen, but it didn't really make much difference to me. And since it's not much different than it was before there's not much else I can say.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    I love that you're able to use the Day-care after your first gym badge.
    Having to reach Nimbasa City before you can breed is also a good thing so you don't abuse it early in the game. At the beginning its easy to level a single poke up without training it by throwing it in the Day-care.
    I got my level 9 Pidove up to level 22 in there, it's a shame I didn't have enough money for her back. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like how the day care centre is actually a pre-school too, which gives a more realistic side to the games. Because really, where are the kids meant to go, do they just spend all day at home? D:

But as a whole, I do use the daycare, just wish there could be a Pokemon in B/W similar to Ditto. XD Though! The daycare raised Lillipup over the whole main story to level 49 quickly, so that's kinda awesome.

Back