• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Day Of Silence

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Well Gay Pride Parade is more of a celebration expressing the fact that there is nothing wrong with being gay and we're proud of our orientation, hence "Gay Pride". But day of silence is in loving memory for people like Matthew Shepard, Bobby Griffith, and all other gay teens who have either face discrimination or who have to hide there true identities for fear of being socially persecuted, harrassed, etc.

So what about all the other kids who have killed themselves over reasons? Where's their days of silence/protest?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    So what about all the other kids who have killed themselves over reasons? Where's their days of silence/protest?

Well, maybe this days for everyone. A day for anyone who feels afraid, ashamed, scared, depressed, or whatever. Though the event was created mainly for the LGBT cause.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    My school is always on spring break whenever Day of Silence rolls around, so we've made our own little one after break, and I will be participating in that. I have all 4 years of high school.

almostlovehate

Complete...global...satur ation
    Years
    Whattttt?
    This was yesterday? D:
    I have participated in this every year since my Freshmen year, so basically twice.
    I like this, it gives me satisfaction in knowing I'm helping a good cause.
    I would've totally been silent at work for a day, especially since I have to talk at work, I bag groceries, and you need to talk to customers to milk them for money (as bad as it sounds. >.>)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I might but at said before, if someone talks to me and I don't reply, it would get awkward lol

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I participated because two of my friends (one girl, one boy) are Bi.

They get so much crap because of who they are.

I was absolutely silent except I had 10 note cards that read;

Yes.
    No.
    >:O
    :D
    Thank You
    Bathroom?
    Hey Sexy
    Hello

and of course my favorite.

Koala?

I dressed colorfully also that day, because I am supportive of originality but am straight as can be.

It is actually a great movement when executed properly.

Our school had yellow cards explaining it given to all of those participating.

Back