• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Deduce & Reduce Gym

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
    The Deduce & Reduce Gym

Welcome Trainer,

My name is Foot, and this is The Deduce & Reduce Gym! Prepare yourself for one of the most challenging, and innovative Pokemon battling experiences of your life!

I know what you must be thinking. "How is the Deduce & Reduce Gym any different from any other gym out on the net?" I'll tell you! For starters this gym only has 6 leaders! You must defeat each leader, and collect each badge in order to progress, but here's where it gets tricky. The first leader will use 6 pokemon, the second will use 5, the third 4, and so on, and so forth. When you face the fourth and fifth gym leaders the matches will be doubles, and the final gym leader challenge will be first to two wins! Are you starting to understand why we're called The Deduce & Reduce Gym? Hehehe… Once you've cleared every gym leader, you may challenge our gyms Champion to a standard battle of your choosing. If you win, and that's a huge IF! You will be crowned The Deduce & Reduce Gym Champion, and get all the bragging rights that come with it!

The Rules
    Every challenger of The Deduce & Reduce Gym must declare a challenge, and post the six pokemon they intend to use against our gym leaders. All our gym leaders have already done the same. Once you've progressed past the second gym leader you may swap pokemon back you've already swapped out. You do NOT tell the gym leader your facing what pokemon your using, and they will NOT tell you theirs. This is where deduction comes into play! If you decide you want to change the original line up of pokemon you challenged the gym with, you must say so, post your new team, and then start over from scratch again.

Gym Leaders
    1. Quick_Kid FC: 3394-6600-6122/ 6V6
    Pokemon: Tortera, Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Arcanine, Alakazam, and Milotic
    PRIZE: ?
    The Deduce & Reduce GymHex Badge

2. Turtwigtoon FC: 0087-3990-3270/ 5V5
    Pokemon: Weavile, Shuckle, Metagross, Feraligatr, Alakazam, and Gengar
    PRIZE: YOUR CHOICE OF A TURTWIG EGG, CHIMCHAR EGG, OR PIPLUP EGG
    The Deduce & Reduce GymPent Badge

3. Angela FC: 0903-1495-6521/ 4V4
    Pokemon: Infernape, Starmie, Donphan, Tyranitar, Milotic, and Feraligatr
    PRIZE: TYRANITAR EGG WITH EGG MOVES
    The Deduce & Reduce GymRhomb Badge

4. Foot FC: 1461-7846-9940/ 3V3 Doubles
    Pokemon: Infernape, Lucario, Machamp, Crobat, Poliwrath, and Salamance
    PRIZE: SHROOMISH EGG WITH EGG MOVES
    The Deduce & Reduce GymTri Badge

5. PirateSam FC: 386713280428/ 2V2 Doubles
    Pokemon: Abomasnow, Glaceon, Joltion, Lanturn, Flygon, and Tyranitar
    PRIZE: YOUR CHOICE OF A PALKIA OR DIALGA

The Deduce & Reduce GymBar Badge

6. Junoliv FC: 4725-6899-9006/ 1V1 2/3 NOTE: Junoliv will be recording all his gym battles!
    Pokemon: Celebi, Swampert, Weavile, Infernape, Togekiss, and Gengar
    PRIZE: YOUR CHOICE OF ANY ONE OF JUNOLIV'S SIX POKEMON! IV BREED, AND FULLY EV'D TRAINED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!
    The Deduce & Reduce GymCompass Badge

CHAMPION. ? FC:?/ YOU CHOOSE

Clauses In Effect
    Sleep
    OHKO
    Self-KO
    Species
    Hax Items
    Evasion/Accuracy

ABSOLUTLY NO UBERS OR HEATRAN! ONLY ONE LEGENDARY ALLOWED! This gym is meant to challenge you, and the pokemon you trained. Ubers and Legendaries were powerful even before you got a hold of them, so that's why all ubers are banned, and legendaries are limited to just one!

Grand Prize
    What we've all been waiting for! On top of getting whatever prize our gym leaders give you, I will personally draw a portrait of you, and any pokemon of your choosing! If that doesn't motivate you competitors I don't know what will! So what are you waiting for? Let's get it on!

If you have any questions, please contact Foot.

P.S. Peace!

In Partnership With The Dark Labyrinth Gym

This gym was approved by Color Me Evil.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    No.2 is me, Turtwigtoon. Team is of:

Weavile, Shuckle, Metagross, Salamence (might replace with Feraligatr soon... I'll keep posted!), Alakazam, and Gengar.

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    Yo! Can i be the 5th Gym leader?

Name - PirateSam
    FC - 3867-1328-0428
    Pokemon - Rhyperior + Lanturn

Foot

Years
    Yo! Can i be the 5th Gym leader?

Name - PirateSam
    FC - 3867-1328-0428
    Pokemon - Rhyperior + Lanturn

Sam, as a gym leader you don't literally tell your opponent what two pokemon your going to use against them in battle. You tell your entire six pokemon team. That way, when a challenger comes to face you, they won't know "exactly" which 2 pokemon your going to use. Get it? That's why this gym is called The "Deduce" & "Reduce" Gym. I like your go to attitude though! I'll tell you what, let's have a 2V2 double battle. If you win? Your in! Peace!

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Why are all legendaries banned? >_>
    i dont like it either...............

oh and by the way im Junoliv but you guys can call me Juno. I was asked to be the 6th and final gym so here i am. I will be posting my team soon.

Foot

Years
    i dont like it either...............

Since trainers will be reducing their teams as they progress through the gym, Legendaries would become escential if they were legal, but I do understand how some of you might feel. How about this? Everyone, Gym leader and challenger a like, are aloud 1 legendarie. I'll compile a list of Legendaries which will be legal. Peace!

If anyone else has any more questions or sugestions please don't hesitate to speak up. I want to open the gym by tomorrow, so if their are any more kinks in the innerworkings I would like to take care of them now. Peace!

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    Ok then foot!
    I will use 2 of the following!

Pinsir
    Magnezone
    Electrivire
    Forretress
    Rhyperior
    Lanturn

Meet me on wi-fi!

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    Yeah thanks Man! I'll try think of a better team? If i find one ill PM you see if it Works! :)
    Thanks Again!

Foot

Years
    Alright! 4 the exception of our badges and banner (which r well on their way), The Deduce & Reduce Gym is ready for business! Our Gym leaders will begin excepting challenges as soon as they themselves R certain which 6 pokemon they intend to use to defend our gym. The anticipations killing me! Peace!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Little note: I've revealed my team. If you battle Foot, don't sing, as he can actually hear you... I made that mistake...

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Since trainers will be reducing their teams as they progress through the gym, Legendaries would become escential if they were legal, but I do understand how some of you might feel. How about this? Everyone, Gym leader and challenger a like, are aloud 1 legendarie. I'll compile a list of Legendaries which will be legal. Peace!

If anyone else has any more questions or sugestions please don't hesitate to speak up. I want to open the gym by tomorrow, so if their are any more kinks in the innerworkings I would like to take care of them now. Peace!

What's the difference if they use 1 legendary or 6?
    And why is Heatran banned -_-

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    u cant have to many legends as this is just a gym and it takes the fun out of the game. and heatran i think is banned cuz since they gym leaders are limited in their pokes choice. hetran poses too great a threat. i agree with the heatran ban!

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    You have to challange in order but keep the same pokes throughout the whole challange of all 6 of us!
    So if you want to You need to post 6 pokemon then Wen it comes to battaling time dont tell your oppenent who your Using! ( I THINK i GOT THAT RIGHT READ THE RULES TO CHECK!)

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    yh in order but i think u have to challenge tomorrow.

Foot

Years
    u cant have to many legends as this is just a gym and it takes the fun out of the game. and heatran i think is banned cuz since they gym leaders are limited in their pokes choice. hetran poses too great a threat. i agree with the heatran ban!

I couldnt put it better my self. Thanks junoliv!

You have to challange in order but keep the same pokes throughout the whole challange of all 6 of us!
    So if you want to You need to post 6 pokemon then Wen it comes to battaling time dont tell your oppenent who your Using! ( I THINK i GOT THAT RIGHT READ THE RULES TO CHECK!)

That's right Sam. If U want U can post your 6PK team now Christiansanity, but honestly I would wait untill all the other gym leaders have posted their pokemon. That way U can come up with a better strategy. Afterall if U decide you want different PK on your team halfway through your gym challenge you'll have 2 start all over again. Peace!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2009

Another question. Say I have Pokemon A, B, C, D, E, and F. Pokemon A is my starter so do I have to start with it everytime or can I change the order, but keep the same team?

Forget all that. I get it. Lol. Just took a little. Will do. I'll wait until everyone posts their's even though I know what I'm using.

Last edited:

Foot

Years
    Little note: I've revealed my team. If you battle Foot, don't sing, as he can actually hear you... I made that mistake...

~Yesss~ ~Even if U don't have a microphone, I can still hear Uuuu~

But yeah! Turtwigtoon could even be the next... AMERICAN IDOL!!! lololololololol... Peace!

Back