• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Deduce & Reduce Gym

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    ahh lol sounded like a banging your head sound cause it was like
    "Spirit (flygon) Woke up!"
    Bang Bang Bang
    "Spirit used Hyper Beam!"

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
    ahh lol sounded like a banging your head sound cause it was like
    "Spirit (flygon) Woke up!"
    Bang Bang Bang
    "Spirit used Hyper Beam!"

Nah, I never take pokemon battles THAT seriously. I have the same mentality of them as the characters in the show. It's all in good fun, but now that Quick_Kid has announced his team, challengers can begin challenging the gym now! If they don't want 2 wait 4 junoliv or Angela to announce their teams first of course. Peace!

Foot

Years
    Muahahahaha... Finally!!! All the pieces are in place, and if the threads title didn't give it away then I will. The Deduce & Reduce Gym is now OPEN! Hahahaha... (cough, clear throat) Anyway, I think some people don't completely understand how this gym works, so I'm going to give everyone a for instance to help clear some confusion.

Trainers (that's you guys) challenge The Deduce & Reduce Gym, and post the six pokemon you will use against us (the gym leaders). The gym leaders pokemon have already been posted on the front page. You may not use any other pokemon against us other than the ones you list in your challenge. The same rule applies to our gym leaders.

You will challenge each of our gym leaders in order from #1 all the way to #6. If you beat a gym leader, they will give you a badge. This badge will be your pass to battle the next leader. Simple right?

Once you beat the first gym leader your going to start reducing your team by 1 each time you progress. Note: Just because you take a pokemon away for one match dosn't mean you can't use that pokemon in the next match against a different gym leader. The whole point of this gym is to "deduce" what pokemon your opponent will use against you! It's a mind game, and as your pokemon team becomes fewer and fewer, deduction becomes more and more important.

I hope this has helped clear up any confusion trainers might have had. Peace!

Foot

Years
    ahh kk its just most people are drawn to do some gyms for the prizes

Hmmm... U got a point there. I'll ask our gym leaders if they want 2 donate a prize 2 winners, but in the mean time U can challenge if U want? Peace!

P.S. Check out the front page. It took a little work on my part, but I was able 2 put the badges up. I still need 2 find someone who's good with comp to reduce the size, and polish them up a bit, but 4 me I think it looks pretty good. Peace Out!

Oh yeah! One more thing. If your a challenger, and U don't want 2 post your Pokemon Team on the gym thread just send a PM 2 the gym leader U wish to challenge telling them what your team is. They wont tell anyone else your team if U don't want them 2. That is all. Peace!

Last edited:

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    I'd gladly Give Pokemon Prizes Out!!!
    I'd probably give out Hmmmmm The Oppisite legendary to your game so -
    Pearl players get - dialga!
    Diamond Players Get - Palkia!

Ive gotta go now see ya real soon! :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I may as well post something quite common too... Either Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup egg. I will breed for it as soon as the challenger wins and specifies in a PM. I do not IV breed, so they have been warned.

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    k guys im ready to start challening this gym my team will consisit of
    starmie
    gallade
    alakazam
    vapoureon
    porygon z
    poliwrath

Foot

Years
    k guys im ready to start challening this gym my team will consisit of
    starmie
    gallade
    alakazam
    vapoureon
    porygon z
    poliwrath

Alright! Your first gym battle will B against Quick_Kid! Just drop him a line, and I'm sure he'll B happy 2 oblige.

In other news, our gym leaders were asked 2 donate some prizes 2 our winners, and the response was overwhelming! The prizes R as follows:

Quick_Kid: Evee with egg moves
    Turtwigtoon: Your choice of a Turtwig egg, Chimchar egg, or Piplup egg
    Angela: Tyranitar egg with egg moves
    Foot: Shroomish egg with egg moves
    PirateSam: Your choice of Palkia or Dialga
    and finally last but certainly not least...
    Junoliv: Your choice of any one of Junoliv's six pokemon in his team! All IV breed (except celebi of course), and fully EV'D trained!!!

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay everyone since I am the first gym, if you want to challenge me plz. pm or vm me...things will be a lot easier that way for the both of us...

As for my prize I believe I shall be giving out an Eevee that knows Shadow Ball/Dig.....

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, after DarkRyanYugo's challenge I ended up..................WINNING! So Turtwigtoon you do not have any challengers as of now....

Good Try though Ryan...you're getting better...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright I just had a battle with GoldenBagon but sadly he didn't make it past me...

Good Battle though GoldenBagon......

Foot

Years
    Alright I just had a battle with GoldenBagon but sadly he didn't make it past me...

Good Battle though GoldenBagon......

Wow, 2/0 so far. Keep it up Quick_Kid! As 4 U GoldenBagon, don't give up! At first U don't succeed try, try, again. Peace!

Back