• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>> The Dojo << Fighting Pokemon Fan Club

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Top middle image and the one to the right of "General PC rules apply" still aren't showing for me...

Also, I hate to be fussy, but is it possible to have transparent backgrounds on those images? It makes them look even nicer....

As for flying-types being super-effective....yeah, have you ever tried catching a bird? They're incredibly agile and brute force is too slow. Also, they can fly out of reach, and until the introduction of Aura Sphere, all fighting-type techniques either involved physical contact or evading attacks (Detect), so not being able to reach = being vulnerable.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Yeah i suppose. I completly understand that strong(Psychically) Pokemon can cause big damage to a brute, phisically strong, but mentally weak pokemon. But it stil feels that a strong punch would do to a small bird, than a gust of wind would do to it... :/

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hence how gust is a special move whilst most of the pokémon who learn it have rubbish special attack, thus weakening said Gust attack.

There's probably a reason though....like Hariyama's ability to learn Brine, a water-type technique, at lv.1, being a reference to how sumos apparently throw salt around the ring.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's also a matter of type balance......giving Steel a third weakness xD

Btw, I can see all the images in the OP now!:D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I always thought Fighting had a nice balance having some 3 types weak to it? more than some.

@The fighting Vs. Steel Comments remember these are Pokemon, has your hand ever become consumed in fire before you hit something? Also they could have stronger bones then us a dulled nervous system there to many variables, and it is more than likely just what Amore said "a matter of type balance"

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Don't worry Gear, I know that we're talking about Pokemon here, but still, many of those weaknesses have a lot of sence! It's perfectly natural that fire is super-effective agains grass...but why flying against Fighting? O.o
    But IMO Ghost type attacks should be supper-effective against Fighting...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Not really....think about it, for somebody who's focus is always on pure physical strength, not all this mental stuff (which is how I attribute Ghost > Psychic, mental blocks), how is a shadow going to affect him/her?

Then again....why should Psychic be super-effective as well?

I guess Ghost isn't super-effective as a matter of type balancing too

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well this is how I see it. If a mentally strong Pokemon(Psychic) psychically attacks mentally weak Pokemon(Fighting) it could ware him down, aswell as destroy it completly(mentally speaking).
    Also those mentally weak pokemon could get frighten easily, and cause the same effect...

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    but a psychic should be (Physically) weak thus being attacked physically should greatly damage the psychic but lets look at the move confusion in the anime it is usually depicted a a blue light the outlines the body and can make things float/throw them. So if a pokemon who can only attack by closing in and assaulting this move would render a fighting type in somewhat of a Kobayashi Maru (unwinnable situation)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Submission should lower their defense one stage as they're giving in if they're "submitting". To compensate, lower its' base power to 70 and increase accuracy to 90.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Hmm our we making up new moves or effect for old one. Meh I'll do both.

Sky Uppercut- not really a new effect I just think it should deal normal or even super effective damage to flying types

New move:
    Head Lock- No Damage--- Puts the foe to sleep, suited for a wake up slapper

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Not, bad, Gear!
    But the rest of you kinda got this topic wrong... Most of you were adding stat cahanges, not status changes. And yes, you were supposed to make up a new move...
    OK, my move:
    Neck hit - Power 20, Acc 100, paralyzes oponent!

Back