• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Chinese Dragon anyone?

The Dragon's Den V.4

They don't have wings but still qualify as dragons.

And I'd like to join :3.

Favorite Dragons? Rayquaza (But if Sceptile counts as a Dragon, than Sceptile)
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Yes. WAY too much power lol.
    Lance or Clair? Clair
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Rayquaza, again XD
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? I believe it's called the Altered forme :). So, altered.
    Whats your Dragon Team? Don' have one.......yet.
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? I thought it was XD. Yes, definately.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Rayquaza.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Yes, but that's definitely not a lizard, haha...
    And I hope you get accpted, I mean, what's there not to accept?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Sceptile is clearly based off of a reptilian, hence how it's name rhymes with reptile. However, it does learn a good amount of Dragon moves (unlike Pidgey, which only learns Twister). Although I don't think the majority of the Den's members will agree with Sceptile.

And welcome to the Den, Thorns.

tkallab

Years
    Haha, I can make a list for Sceptile.

No I can't, I need to make Tyranitar's first... I wonder if I ever get to doing that...

tkallab

Years
    No, Sceptile is a reptile. Is pikachu a fairy? Is rattata a monster?
    The only slightly valid reason for sceptile is a dragon is because both he and charizard are lizards, but charizard is treated like a dragon, even being one of the dragon guardians in pokemon ranger.

tkallab

Years
    No, he looks like a lizard. Actually, so did charizard in the first games, but they made him look like a dragon more and more... So yeah.

tkallab

Years
    Yeah, but dragoniteuser and I still want him out of here. He's a dinosaur... I guess, but it's tough to decide on him. I really need to make that list, but if I'm not busy, I'm asleep.

By the way, just to prove that Sceptile doesn't belong here... Can you name a dragon-typed pokemon that looks like a lizard?

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Okay, I understand and I give up (I admit when I lose), but after you mentioned it being a reptile, I thought about Tyranitar. Maybe it was added because it was possibly based on Godzilla (it had Dragon-like powers)?

tkallab

Years
    Yeah, I mentioned that somewhere in this thread, but Godzilla was a mutated dinosaur. Also, Tyranitar comes from Tyranosaur.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well then....*adds Thorns to list*

I personally agree with Sceptile being a dragon (I half expected it to be able to learn Draco Meteor until I found out Charizard couldn't). So....if you ever get Ttar's list done......start on Sceptile xD

However, I don't think a comparison between Sceptile (Lizard) and Gyarados (Chinese Dragon) is really that great.....

Btw, I know it's done, but could you edit your Altaria list to include "Lance owns one" please? Just incase it ever gets brought up again....

tkallab

Years
    Oh come on, the only difference between Sceptile and, say, Arbok, is that Arbok doesn't learn any Dragon moves. Well, okay, Arkok doesn't have any legs, but neither does Gyarados.
    *Sorry, Arbok learns Dragon Tail. So Arbok is as much a dragon as Sceptile. I'm not trying to add Arbok, just trying to not have Sceptile added.

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    You guys need to start using your heads a little!
    You need to realise that Pokemon don't have or learn different move types just because of it's own type! After all would you consider Lucario as a dragon?! He learns Dragon pulse by lvl. up! Game-freak assignd different moves by Pokemon's look and abbilities, not only his typeing! Which is why almost all Pokemon with a tail can learn aqua tail! Why Tyranitar learns outrage? for the same reason he learns thrash! Cause he's and outraged Pokemon that "can knock down mountains in he's rage"... Pidgey learns Twister, not cause it's a dragon, but it can whip up a twister with it's wings! You see where I'm going with this? Pokemon's movepool should never be a reason for deciding it's type or it's kind!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    You guys need to start using your heads a little!
    You need to realise that Pokemon don't have or learn different move types just because of it's own type! After all would you consider Lucario as a dragon?! He learns Dragon pulse by lvl. up! Game-freak assignd different moves by Pokemon's look and abbilities, not only his typeing! Which is why almost all Pokemon with a tail can learn aqua tail! Why Tyranitar learns outrage? for the same reason he learns thrash! Cause he's and outraged Pokemon that "can knock down mountains in he's rage"... Pidgey learns Twister, not cause it's a dragon, but it can whip up a twister with it's wings! You see where I'm going with this? Pokemon's movepool should never be a reason for deciding it's type or it's kind!

Well i was considering sceptile to be a dragon but it looks as if you've just changed my mind dragoniteuser.
    Sceptile is as much a dragon as pikachu is a fairy....wich he's not.
    OMG the most horrible thought got into my head RAICHU FAIRY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

tobi-ksla

Years
    Hi! You can call me Tobi. No, it didn't come from that one guy from Naruto. I'm here because the online community that I once loved is now gone, and I aim to take refuge on PokéCommunity. I'd like to join the Dragon's Den.

Favorite Dragons?
    --> I have two favorites; namely, Kingdra and Dragonair.

--> Kingdra - It seems to pop up a lot in my life. I wanted to add a Kingdra to my team in FireRed, and what puzzles me is that I don't know why I had that urge; also, my friends and I each have a Dragon Frontiers Kingdra EX card.

--> Dragonair - It's just so majestic and mysterious. I plan to breed Dragonairs in the future.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Hi! You can call me Tobi. No, it didn't come from that one guy from Naruto. I'm here because the online community that I once loved is now gone, and I aim to take refuge on PokéCommunity. I'd like to join the Dragon's Den.

Favorite Dragons?
    --> I have two favorites; namely, Kingdra and Dragonair.

--> Kingdra - It seems to pop up a lot in my life. I wanted to add a Kingdra to my team in FireRed, and what puzzles me is that I don't know why I had that urge; also, my friends and I each have a Dragon Frontiers Kingdra EX card.

--> Dragonair - It's just so majestic and mysterious. I plan to breed Dragonairs in the future.

Welcome tobi-ksla.
    Hope you have a good time here in the dragon's den.
    What do you mean the online community you loved is gone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back