• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dual Type Challenge Thread

The Lord of Smug
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Hello, all, and welcome to the Dual Type Challenge!

I'm sure most of you have come here to find out why this thread was made, when there is already a Monotype Challenge.

Well, I'll tell you!
    This challenge is a slight variation on the Monotype Challenge.

Basically, you pick 2 types. You can only use pokemon that are either of those types, or both. No other types.

Say I pick Grass and Dark.
    If I was doing Ruby, I would pick Shiftry, Cacturne, Bellossom, and Mightyena. However, I can't use Breloom or Sharpedo, as those are also Fighting and Water types, respectively.

Due to the eventual limited selection of pokemon, I will allow hacking or trading in pokemon that you can't find in the game. If it can be found in the game, though, catch it yourself.​

Rules
    • No Solo runs. keep it to a 3 pokemon minimum.
    • Normal/Flying counts as pure Flying, since there are no other pure Flying, other than Tornelos.
    • Pokemon hacks are just fine.
    • No legendaries above 600 BST. (Base Stat Total)
    • No cheating. (Obviously)
    • When hacking/trading in a pokemon, it must be lv 5 or less, and must be untouched. (No egg moves)
    • If you're playing Red/Blue/Yellow, and you chose Ghost, Gengar is allowed (even if your other type isn't poison), since it's the only Ghost in the entire game.

Challengers
    649 - Red - Bug/Poison
    Saiddun Uzkha - LeafGreen - Water/Fighting
    Toasty Woodman - Emerald - Ground/Water
    Antic.x.Fantasia - Ultimate (KJHS) - Water/Ground
    Suicune™ - Emerald - Electric/Steel
    KnightKGR - Emerald - Fire/Fighting
    myrrhman - Ultimate (KJHS) - Water/Psychic

Champions
    jdthebud - Silver - Fire/Dark
    Porygon Z - Blue - Poison/Ground

Userbar
    Thanks, Suicune™!

If you have a problem with the rules, PM me with a good reason, and I will change them.​

Started my challenge!
    I will be using the Bug and Poison type, on Red.
    My pokemon are Beedrill, Venomoth, Pinsir, and Muk.
    Named myself : ) and rival : (
    I thought it was pretty clever.
    Chose squirtle and named it KURTDATURT. (where did that name come from?)
    Caught and grinded Weedle, named Zing.
    And that's all for now!

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I think I'll try this.

Name: Saiddun Uzkha
    Game: Leafgreen
    Types: Water/Fighting

So Blastoise, Machoke, Hitmonlee, Vaporeon, and Primape

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • This sounds interesting...hmm.

Game: Silver
    Types: Fire, Dark
    Team: Typhlosion, Houndoom (Hacked to get in Johto), Magmar, Umbreon

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Alright, so I started my game on Silver. Named self Nox, rival Rich. Right now I have 4 Badges, and am about to go down to Olivine.

Name: Nox
    Badges: 4
    Pokedex: 13
    Play Time: 13:43

Team Nox:

Lava the Magmar, ♂ - L16
    Moves: Ember, Leer, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch

Kuro the Umbreon, ♂ - L22
    Moves: Return, Pursuit, Sand-Attack, Tail Whip

Devil the Houndoom, ♂ - L26 @ Charcoal
    Moves: Bite, Ember, Roar, Headbutt

Pyro the Quilava, ♂ - L26 @ Charcoal
    Moves: Quick Attack, Ember, Dig, Return

Smurf the Wooper, ♂ - L8
    Moves: Water Gun, Tail Whip, Surf, Rock Smash

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Porygon-Z, Ultimates are fine, im adding it as a game. Be sure to choose your types wisely.

So yeah, im past Mt Moon, soloing Beedrill. Brock was a b****. Im considering getting Arbok, since most of my pokemon are found later on.

Antic.x.Fantasia

-Original D r o p o u t B o y;
    Years
  • Question:
    It says hacking's okay to get the pokemon you want, but what's the extent of that?
    Like, if I were to do a dragon run, would it be okay to mod the starter to get one of them? O.O

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    yup. You can hack in any way to get any pokemon, but it must be lv 5 or less at beginning, and must be otherwise untouched. Meaning no egg moves, I should add that.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Alright, so, if I wanted to do Fire Red, but have Umbreon....?
    Sorry for all the questions. XD
    Well, you would have to hack Umbreon in the beginning, because he doesn't evolve (nor does Espeon) from Eevee in FireRed. The same goes for all gen III pokemon, as you have to get the Nat'l Dex to evolve any pokemon other than gen I ones.
    FR/LG = hack any gen II/III pokemon into the game early, including evolutions. otherwise, choose gen I pokemon.

Antic.x.Fantasia

Years
  • I think I'll go Water/Ground.
    Swampert, Vaporeon, Donphan, and Sandslash~
    Emerald Version.
    The only one I'll have to hack in would be Eevee, sooo....guess I'll push her in somewhere along an early route and catch her.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I think I'll try this. I'll do an Ultimate Challenge. c:
    I've got a question though. As long as you continue to use the same type combo, can you switch your party with every generation?
    For example, I pick Electric/Flying. Say I pick Electabuzz, Pidgeot, and Fearow on my first generation game. Would I be allowed to go with a different party on my generation two game, such as using Electrode, Noctowl, and Ampharos?

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    ^ of course. Nobody said you had to keep the same pokemon.

So, Electric/Flying?

Also, sorry for slow progress on my part, I have a lot going on. Currently Im at Vermilion City with a new member, Charm the Arbok. About to face that annoying gym. "Nope, there's only trash here."

Years
  • I think I'll go Water/Ground.
    Swampert, Vaporeon, Donphan, and Sandslash~
    Emerald Version.
    The only one I'll have to hack in would be Eevee, sooo....guess I'll push her in somewhere along an early route and catch her.

You totally copied me D: Oh well, I didn't hack at all soo.... ;)

Anyways, I've just been putting the updates for this on my profile page should I be putting them on here or anything? I'm headed towards gym six right now lol

Antic.x.Fantasia

Years
  • You totally copied me D: Oh well, I didn't hack at all soo.... ;)

Anyways, I've just been putting the updates for this on my profile page should I be putting them on here or anything? I'm headed towards gym six right now lol

Sorry! >A<
    I was really only paying attention to the rules post and working out what I'd use. Sorryyyy.....

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    You totally copied me D: Oh well, I didn't hack at all soo.... ;)

feel free to put the update here, that way we can know whether you really did the challenge.

Years
  • Don't even worry about it Antic :D I made a custom title thing that only you and I can use once we've finished the challenge xD

If you don't want it, don't use it, but I'm gonna use it :P

I'm going to put the five updates into here, in spoiler tags, 'cause there a bit... lengthy Dx

Gym 1!
    Spoiler:

Gym 2!
    Spoiler:

Gym 3!
    Spoiler:

Gym 4!
    Spoiler:

Gym 5!
    Spoiler:

I'm not really sure if I did enough for the updates or had the right info... let me know if you need more so I can fix that lol

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I wasn't really gonna go with Electric/Flying. I was just making a quick example. xD

I think I'll go with Ghost/Fighting. My first team for my challenge will be Gengar, Machamp, and Haunter, if it's alright with you to use two members of the same evolutionary family. Not much to choose from in the first gen.

I will be using Red version. c:

NOTE: No other ghost types in the first gen. besides the Gastly family, which are half-poison types as well. I hope this is alright with you.

Back