• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Elite Four!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    VSAaron.png
    VSBertha.png
    VSFlint.png
    VSLucian.png

As with every Pokémon game, Sinnoh is no different. With four of the strongest trainers waiting for you as you climb the Pokémon League. The Sinnoh League consists of Aaron, Bertha, Flint, and Lucian. What were your thoughts on them? Did you have a favorite? Were they even a challenge for you? If so, who? Do you have any memorable battles with these trainers?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I like Aaron for his design, plain, simple and good.
    His team could've have more works done though.

Flint was the only one I had trouble with altogether, as well as Lucian's Bronzong (Boy do I hate those things).

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I really loved this Elite Four. Each of them have their own personality and are very unique. They seem more edgy yet simple and their designs are very well done. I do remember having a bit of trouble with Lucian's Bronzong, it was quite annoying. I don't think I could choose a favorite since I love them all.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Okay, I'm going to actually play Plat soon and go face the Elite Four, actually. In this playthrough though, i feel like I'm going to be hilariously underleveled since I'm roughly around Lv 55-58 at the moment. I think that would be enough to get through Flint, but Lucian might be a pain. Hm.

Hmmm... it's possible. His ace is LV 59 I believe. Though I think the most trouble would have to be Cynthia she pushes a tad past Lv 60 with her ace being Lv 62 iirc.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Torterra/Staraptor/Froslass/Gardevoir

I feel like this isn't a very solid team to take on the E4 with, lmao. D: I've honestly been stuck on what other additional Pokemon to add to my team. I just need a good Water type lol and I think I'd be set. Maybe Mantine would be kind of a decent choice...

I think it's pretty decent. Lucian's Bronzong might give you a bit of trouble. But you can hit most Pokemon for super-effective so you should be fine. Mantine would be nice just to have a bit of coverage.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • It's been awhile since I last played Platinum, can't recall if any of the E4 gave me trouble. I know Cynthia's Garchomp was the toughest Pokemon I dealt with, though. I can just remember being in the battle with her and running to plug in my DS charger, just to make sure my red-battery wouldn't ruin my win with her. :P

Back to the E4 members, I do like them all, especially Lucian. Can't quite put my finger on why, but his design and what I can remember of his personality made him my favorite the moment I met him.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I love Flint as a character but his team sucks! Needed more fire in Sinnoh for him. Bertha was fun, Aaron was fine, Lucian was eeeh. They were all a decent challenge though I think.

Years
  • *Spoken as if a giant clad in titanium armour has just spoke a single syllable capable of shattering the hopes and dreams of even the strongest fighter in the history of the universe due to such a superior power base* "Weak"

Really though. Flint didn't feel like a Fire type trainer. He only had two Fire type Pokémon. Lucien and Aaron are the only two noteworthy leaders in the Sinnoh Elite Four, despite Flint showing up in the story previously. The all could have done with some revamping.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Is it just me or does Drasna put you in the mind of Bertha?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i mean other way around, i would have said haha. is a nuance tho. i liked bertha a lot more than drasna tbh!

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    i mean other way around, i would have said haha. is a nuance tho. i liked bertha a lot more than drasna tbh!

Both has this nice lady persona. Bertha overall was more annoying!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I thought Bertha was more fun and spry! I'm not here for the kindly old lady persona; I'm here for sassy and confident!

Back