• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eon Gliders Club: Latias and Latios

Which is better in your opinion- Latias or Latios?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Where do you think the names Latias and Latios came from?
    It is possible that Latias's name is based on the Latin word lateo, lie hidden. The -as suffix in her name indicates that it is female, while the -os in Latios indicates that it is male.
    Spoiler:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    welcome to the club, Lateon!!
    pics of latias and latios:
    Spoiler:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Since activity has been off the pace lately, mind if I brought in a new topic? Of course, I'm just imaginative!

What would you name and how would you design a secretly new Pokemon that could be a long lost relative to the twins?

Well for one, I would name it Laties. With a long E sound, don't make it sound like -ties at the end haha

I wouldn't make it as strong as the twins, perhaps maybe a tad weaker like Keldeo is to the Swordsmen Trio. I would give the color Green since it matches the name best. Shiny Form=Yellow? It would have his own signature move, "Magical Sight" and have a stronger base power than those of Lati@s. About 80, 85? Attack with eye sight, lower the target's stats all by one stage. Would make the base stats none of the same for the Eon Twins, but every stats at 100. Maybe be placed with those of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin/Victini?

Another would be Latius. I would make this one black in design, and shiny forum pure whiteness all around. Perhaps and older sibling, who took care of Laties like it was a child to it. Has the perfect base power of 100. The signature move I would suggest it is "Mind Confusion." Has a 25% chance of lowering all the target's stats by one stage, and a 30% chance of confusion, and has an item, "Gaze Orb" when held would offer a 30% chance of Paralyze instead of confusion, and "Sleep Orb" for sleeping matters. Would make its base stats fairly identical to Latios.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I'd do a purple one, because red + blue = purple. Man, I sound like a kindergartner But I would make it like a mix. It would have the signature move of Shadow Flash , which does 90 base damage and has a chance of paralyzing and confusing the opponent. It would be a psychic-ghost type, and would look kinda spooky, but not really

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • Kinda want to agree with Cosmos, but instead of purple, I would go with mauve (though, already somewhat purple) as being the normal form. While for the shiny form, a dark blue color. As for name, probably Latius (sorry, seemed natural). We already have a male & female form, Latius being the 3rd, genderless but the type shall remain the same as the other duo. Since I'm not good at figuring out the base points, I'll just..end this post.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Name: mudkipftw91
    Partner: Latias
    Reason for Joining: Ever since I first saw Latias in Emerald (I chose Red as the answer after the emergency broadcast that appears after [Player Name]'s father leaves) I have honestly been in love with her. I don't mean in love as in a perverted way just a platonic way.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I'll add everyone to the memberlist who hasn't been already.

Name: Olli97
    Partner: Latios
    Reason for Joining: I just really like the concept of the duo, with both of them being related to each other, despite not being the same kind of Pokémon, whether they are siblings or lovers. I kinda bend more to the site of them being siblings, as I just think it makes more sense, both in the movie, and in general.
    I actually remember back when I first encountered Latios in my Pokémon Ruby years ago. At the time I was in such a hurry to get to the Sky Pillar to catch Rayquaza, I didn't even realized I had never seen the Pokémon before, or even how legendary its sprite looked, so I just ran away from it and went on to Rayquaza. It wasn't untill later, when I for whatever reason was checking through my Pokédex and found Latios down there at the bottom, that I realized it actually was legendary. I really felt stupid at that point >_<
    But anyways, I ended up spending a lot of time searching for it, just like I had done with the roaming legendaries in my Silver version, but alas, I never caught it. I think the reason for that was that I just gave up at one point, and lost my game later. But oh well, it gave me some great memories to keep from my Pokémon games.

What would you name and how would you design a secretly new Pokemon that could be a long lost relative to the twins?

I can't actually think of anything original here, so I'm just gonna agree with what people already have suggested. The name is a rather tricky one, as it should fit into the Lati@s pattern, without sound completely stupid, so Laties would probably be the best one to go with. I also agree that the colour should be purple, as it's another good way of indicating that it has some kind of relation to the two, even if it wasn't blatantly obvious already. As for what its relation to them should be, it depends on what Latias and Latios really are to each other. If they were siblings, I suppose it would be a parent to them, and if they were lovers, it could be their child. But psshh, so many choices.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    ~Club closed due to owner not having posted in well over a month and no willing owner to take over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back