• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hi, I was wondering how you could evolve Farfetch'd in this game? I battled and beat the guy with the Farfetcher, and my Farfetch'd is level 80 at the moment. I already gave it the stick and tried the three crits in a single battle method and that didn't cause it to evolve. Is there another method here?

Hello, the Charcoal guy in Azalea mentions you should visit Dragon's Den. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Hello, the Charcoal guy in Azalea mentions you should visit Dragon's Den. ;)

Thank you! I remember accidentally pressing X when speaking to him so it's likely I skipped past that part as I don't remember it. I appreciate the reply.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Version 8.2

This update brings a couple of QoL features, as well as bugfixes.

- added a 100% catch rate for Red's Journey West, unlockable after talking with Mr. Pokemon through the course of the main story. If you have gone past that point, it will activate in Goldenrod. If you are past that point as well, just talk to Mr. Pokemon again (you won't get a prompt).
    - Raised 1% and 3% encounters to 5%. The spread should now follow these percentages:
    15,15,10,10,10,10,5,5,5,5,5,5 making rare encounters more frequent, and ubiquitous mons less spammy
    - added Battle Tower area, with a rematchable opponent to help lategame grind (also Jerry)
    - added more rare candies to the OW
    - added some missing mons
    - fixed move tutors not covering all mons. Any I missed, please report
    - fixed vendor interaction space in goldenrod mart
    - fixed exit of daycare and underground part
    - made a small part of r46 accessible
    - fixed passable clock tile
    - fixed missing machoke icon sprite
    - added more move tutors
    - added extra description about Farfetch'd to Charcoal man, if you talked to him about it the first time
    - Pokecenter-related speedup not activating should work now
    - removed Withdraw and Deposit box commands
    - fixed full-party chikorita crash
    - fixed TFJ mankey encounter in RJW
    - made Olivine ramp easier to land onto when surfing
    - added NPC reference to Johto mons being buffed overall

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Considering we now have an added post game, how many hours is the gameplay approximately including the post game storyline? Thank you!

Hey man, how've you been? The postgame is the length of an entire game, because it is one. So it should be around 7-10 hours for TFJ, and 7-10 hours for RJW, so that'd make it around 14-20 hours total.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Hi I'm looking for help in the ethan battle any advice on the pokemon, moves and strategies to help ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Also do you know how to beat ho oh and lugia with pikachu

Hello! Dusky's Unpaid, not-an-Intern here. I'm assuming you've managed to get past Ethan's first two teams since you got to his Ho-oh and Lugia. There's actually a feature for the last battle where if you have kept Shuckle on your team, it escapes its ball to help you with Pikachu. Since you specified only Pikachu, I'm assuming you don't have Shuckle.

First, though, if you lost to Ethan in the third battle, do you have to go through Ethan's first two teams again, or just his last team? If it's the former, then you can try to formulate a team for Ethan with Shuckle in it to make the final fight against Ethan easier (Shuckle's a very good mon to have in this game). Otherwise, no worries! The final fight is still winnable with just PIkachu.

My recommendation is to try to Volt Tackle Lugia right away at the start of the battle, which will hopefully kill it and turn the battle into a 1v1. If that doesn't work, please leave another comment here! I can't give guarantees since I can not calc the exact damage values and ohko percentages ;-;.

Good luck! <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Thank you soo much. I didnt know about the shuckle feature as I wasn't having luck with him in the battle but will put him back in thanks. Do you have any recommendations on how to beat his 2nd team easier ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Thank you soo much. I didnt know about the shuckle feature as I wasn't having luck with him in the battle but will put him back in thanks. Do you have any recommendations on how to beat his 2nd team easier ?

Of course! No problem, haha. You'll want to make sure Shuckle (and everyone else on your team) is at level 100 before going to fight Ethan, First, may I see your team? Mons, abilities, items, movesets, and stats too if possible :>. It'll help me help you beat him.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Hi I'm having trouble sending over the images of my team but I can give you a quick summary, I have a shuckle level 100 ability sturdy, adamant nature holding the quick claw. His moves are bug bite, accelrock , guard split and power trick.My second mon is zapdos level 100 lonely nature holding leftovers, ability pressure, moves drill peck , thunder, discharge and rest.

I also have a level 100 modest nature meganium holding miracle seed. Moves are rest energy ball ingrain and aromatherapy

Gliscor level 100 holding leftovers Hardy nature sand veil uturn knock off ice fang
    Swords dance

Electivire level 100 motor drive naughty nature with muscle band rest thunder punch ice punch and low kick

Farfetcher level 100 timid nature multiscale holding stick. Knock off Sacred sword sun Steel strike and leaf blade

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Never mind finally managed it after 4 days lol shuckle helped soo much

Niceee! Don't fuckie with Shuckie, am I right? 😏

Sorry I couldn't answer the msg you sent previously T-T, but I hope you enjoyed the game! (And if you want, check out Pokemon PS: Fated Epistle, the sequel to TFJ and RJW)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Yeah very true hahaha no way didn't know the sequel was already out cheers will check it out

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Yeah very true hahaha no way didn't know the sequel was already out cheers will check it out

Yesss, it's a great game. Not finished yet, but 2 eps are out already and that alone has a lot of content for you to go through :>

Ah, it isn't like your typical Pokemon game though, so be warned!

<3

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2023
    Ok, im stuck I don't know where to go after you give all the new gym leaders there gyms and I can't go to route 23, can anyone help? The first Journey

Last edited:
    Back