• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
Years
  • Hey, sorry I haven't been on, my sister blocked me from the internet. But I wouldn't mind Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches, as it has been on my to-watch list, but my personal choice would have to be Barakamon. It is amazing, it helps that it is a prequel to Handa-kun too. A random generator would be a good idea. No fights if it isn't yours.

Also, on an unrelated note, can someone help me remodel my account please? 2 years as PokeHunterBlack is enough for me, I will copyright it though :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • No problems but...
    my sister blocked me from the internet
    ...please elaborate. lol

I saw a couple of Yamada episodes and I'm not too keen, 12 episodes from an incomplete manga with over 200 chapters isn't a good sign either. Also watching a 2015 show with over 125k completes on MAL kind of goes against my ideal. I don't mind watching recent stuff but this one doesn't seem particularly fitting. Asterisk is similar, although that wasn't even the best battle harem airing during that season.

If people want a harem series I'd suggest we go for something like Ai Yori Aoshi, Iseka no Seikishi Monogatari, one of the older Tenchi series or perhaps Love Hina for historical merit.

Will give people another day or two before picking the series, so if you've not put anything forward, please do.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • 12 episodes from an incomplete manga with over 200 chapters isn't a good sign either. Also watching a 2015 show with over 125k completes on MAL kind of goes against my ideal.
    Yeah, saw that coming. Thoughtlessly threw it out there because a mate had recommended it to me earlier that same day.

Asterisk is similar, although that wasn't even the best battle harem airing during that season.
    Pretty much what I meant with my ambiguous "popular" statement. Possibly the polar opposite of the kind of show this thread aims to excavate, SAO and AoT put aside.
    Spoiler:

If people want a harem series I'd suggest we go for something like Ai Yori Aoshi, Iseka no Seikishi Monogatari, one of the older Tenchi series or perhaps Love Hina for historical merit.
    ...Ok, here's for what I initially came here to respond to. I wanted to watch Iseka no Seikishi Monogatari already, so I'm obviously up for that. Hell, I wouldn't mind another Love Hina run. Probably the niptoon with the largest chunk of nostalg' in my book.
    If Urusei Yatsura wasn't of the... long-running persuasion, I'd have put it forth first thing I did.

But echoing what I've eben saying previously, I'm cool with almost all shows in this thread, just subtract the new and popular stuff and the unnecessarily edgy.

...please elaborate. lol
    ...Seconded.

Years
  • To me it actually feels as if the battle harem trend is tailing off at the moment, I think the majority of the 'gold' in this vein has been extracted . Hope I'm wrong and we get a resurgence as I prefer them to 95% of the other light novel alternate world magic thingy adaptations we're getting

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • As far as harems go, I'd be down for Tenchi since I've been rewatching Ryo-Ohki...or trying to, distractions make things difficult. Or Ranma 1/2, since I at the very least enjoyed the manga a good bit- though I suppose there isn't really a digestible way to watch that one.

Well, anyway, other reasons.

But I've basically been avoiding BHs lately, so I'd be down for one if it isn't too vanilla.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Unrelatedly, I've been really looking forward to getting to dig my teeth in something with this club.

Given any particular thought to how, when and where the discussions will take place? Will there be ongoing discussion in this thread for both shows with liberal use of spoiler tags? Will there be designated times of the week when viewing or post-viewing talk takes place? I feel it should be best to try and promote fresh discussion right after the fact as much as possible.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Unrelatedly, I've been really looking forward to getting to dig my teeth in something with this club.

Agreed, really keen to start some new series now that re zero has come to an end.

However will be away from the 8th October - 23rd October. If we start before then I may watch ahead or just catch up when i get back.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Years

Given any particular thought to how, when and where the discussions will take place? Will there be ongoing discussion in this thread for both shows with liberal use of spoiler tags? Will there be designated times of the week when viewing or post-viewing talk takes place? I feel it should be best to try and promote fresh discussion right after the fact as much as possible.

I don't really want to enforce a when but I will start the new watching weeks on Friday, hopefully putting the weekend at the beginning of the cycle will allow more people to get right on it. It would make sense to post your initial thoughts directly after you watch but again I won't make a rule out of it.

I'd imagine we'll be fine to keep it all in one thread, obviously spoiler tagging when required is good manners. Am hoping that the conversation will resemble conversation, not just brief sentences saying that they liked the new girl, although I do appreciate that this will be an important topic with most series.

You joining, Satoshi?

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm sorry, but I need a little clarification on what's going on right now, because I'm a little confused. Of course I probably could just read through all the posts on here and figure stuff out, but I'm far too lazy right now to do that (jk I have 3 tests to study for and an unruly amount of homework in all of my classes). Anyways, I get how we're going to be watching series and everything, but what I'm confused about is the selection process and if we already have a selected anime we're going to be watching.

Sorry if I wasted your time, I try not to. Either way, as I said in my sign-up post, I'm hyped to be in this club and I'm cool with whatever you people select.

This is a little off topic, but my friend finally got me to watch SAO, and I don't really like it tbh. No offense if any of you are fans, but it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it'd be.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Are we still able to throw in some more suggestions?

This is a little off topic, but my friend finally got me to watch SAO, and I don't really like it tbh. No offense if any of you are fans, but it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it'd be.

Yeah it started off ok then just became terrible IMO.
    definitely not a show i would recommend to anyone.

As for the selection process I think that is still something we are trying to iron out.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • This is a little off topic, but my friend finally got me to watch SAO, and I don't really like it tbh. No offense if any of you are fans, but it wasn't nearly as good as I thought it'd be.

Don't worry: that was your first initiation test, and so far you're doing well.
    I kid. But it's fairly certain that this association won't be watching SAO anytime soon, to put it that way.

As I understand it, we're going to start watching within a day or three. As for what, it depends on what more people put forth and how LipVogue ends up picking.

Years
  • One show is picked by an individual member, starting from number 2 in the members list. Kenchiin picked first, we'll be watching Brigadoon.

The other pick consists of members putting forward suggestions, ironing out things people don't want to watch and then either me or a random generator pick them. A couple have said they'd rather have it done randomly and others have said they'd be fine for me to pick. In reality there's not going to be much difference. You can send money to my paypal and we'll 100% watch your show though.

OVA and films will be picked more causally, I'll probably just ask people to choose randomly.

I'll be getting the other show picked tomorrow so yup, there's still time to put forward suggestions

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • One show is picked by an individual member, starting from number 2 in the members list. Kenchiin picked first, we'll be watching Brigadoon.

The other pick consists of members putting forward suggestions, ironing out things people don't want to watch and then either me or a random generator pick them. A couple have said they'd rather have it done randomly and others have said they'd be fine for me to pick. In reality there's not going to be much difference. You can send money to my paypal and we'll 100% watch your show though.

OVA and films will be picked more causally, I'll probably just ask people to choose randomly.

I'll be getting the other show picked tomorrow so yup, there's still time to put forward suggestions

Okay, thanks for clearing that up! :)

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • As I'm going away in just over a week I feel like i should hold off on making any more suggestions.
    Still look forward to see what is picked first up though =).

Back