• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • UNITED: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Blackett; Lingard, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney (c), Hernandez #MUFClive #starting11

#Swans team v @ManUtd: Fabianski, Rangel, Amat, Williams (C), Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony.

Well this should be fun.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Saw that on the telly, was an awful call. Rooney's was fine though.

BBC Radio Norfolk @BBCNorfolk · 11m

SPORT: Reports suggest Canaries midfielder Leroy Fer having medical with QPR, we understand deal worth in region of £10m to Norwich #ncfc

BBC Radio Norfolk @BBCNorfolk · 8m

SPORT: We also understand forward Cameron Jerome and defender Carlos Cuellar have undergone medicals with a view to joining Norwich #ncfc

If that is the fee then we haven't done badly at all. As for the two coming in, not massively excited but decent squad options. Was surprised to read that Jerome only just turned 28.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Watched West Brom v Sunderland in a pub with friends on Saturday; two bang-average teams playing out a bang-average game of football. Cattermole's strike was pretty sweet though, the place went crazy when he scored.

A point away from home on the first day isn't too bad a result, especially considering Sunderland aren't yet the finished article; they still need two or three new players in (which I suspect they'll utilise the loan market for), they also have a couple to come back from injury. Once everyone's fit and firing and they've added a bit of much-needed quality to midfield, they'll be a very solid outfit.

I think I might be going to go see Sunderland v Man United next Sunday. It's my day off and one of my friends (season ticket holder) has invited me along.

Years
  • Apparently Exeter City are the only club that signed less players than Manchester United in the entire football league, what makes it even worse is that Exeter had a transfer embargo until not long ago and have since signed a player.

Years
  • Saw that on the telly, was an awful call. Rooney's was fine though.

BBC Radio Norfolk @BBCNorfolk · 11m

SPORT: Reports suggest Canaries midfielder Leroy Fer having medical with QPR, we understand deal worth in region of £10m to Norwich #ncfc

BBC Radio Norfolk @BBCNorfolk · 8m

SPORT: We also understand forward Cameron Jerome and defender Carlos Cuellar have undergone medicals with a view to joining Norwich #ncfc

If that is the fee then we haven't done badly at all. As for the two coming in, not massively excited but decent squad options. Was surprised to read that Jerome only just turned 28.

QPR are going to have such a good season, it will be frustrating to watch.

I wouldn't be too fussed about Jerome either, Cuellar on the other hand is a great option for a Championship side.

Watched West Brom v Sunderland in a pub with friends on Saturday; two bang-average teams playing out a bang-average game of football. Cattermole's strike was pretty sweet though, the place went crazy when he scored.

A point away from home on the first day isn't too bad a result, especially considering Sunderland aren't yet the finished article; they still need two or three new players in (which I suspect they'll utilise the loan market for), they also have a couple to come back from injury. Once everyone's fit and firing and they've added a bit of much-needed quality to midfield, they'll be a very solid outfit.

I think I might be going to go see Sunderland v Man United next Sunday. It's my day off and one of my friends (season ticket holder) has invited me along.

It seems like an exciting time to support Sunderland, considering the Rodwell signing plus Buckley & Jordi Gomez will probably do well. It's a shame they lost Colback though and an even bigger shame that they're willing to waste so much on Borini when Wickham was kicking on at the end of last season.

Also if there's no financial issue then I'd definitely go to the United game. :)

Apparently Exeter City are the only club that signed less players than Manchester United in the entire football league, what makes it even worse is that Exeter had a transfer embargo until not long ago and have since signed a player.

Well there's Rojo to make it three. The contract they gave Nani last season has somehow go worse though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • It seems like an exciting time to support Sunderland, considering the Rodwell signing plus Buckley & Jordi Gomez will probably do well. It's a shame they lost Colback though and an even bigger shame that they're willing to waste so much on Borini when Wickham was kicking on at the end of last season.

Also if there's no financial issue then I'd definitely go to the United game. :)

The general consensus around fans is that they're still a couple of players short, particularly at centre back and in central midfield, but as i've said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Poyet utilise the loan market in order to plug the gaps.

The atmosphere against United should be good, it generally is whenever Sunderland play the bigger teams. It also helps that it's a bank holiday weekend :P

Years
  • The atmosphere against United should be good, it generally is whenever Sunderland play the bigger teams. It also helps that it's a bank holiday weekend :P

I think it's the same for most teams. Of course Boro don't really get to play them often at the moment, but some of the most memorable games from the McClaren era tend to be against bigger teams.

The other thing at the moment is that United are very beatable so it should be more exciting in that respect too.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Boro are my favourites for promotion. I think Karanka has made some very astute signings (particularly Kike), and you're going to be a difficult team to beat. It's all about maintaining form and being able to handle the pressure when playing the other promotion favourites.

The Championship has a funny way of completely changing its complexion off the back of one or two results; like teams who have never really been in the race up until, say, March, can suddenly hit form at the right time and find themselves promoted. Sunderland benefited from the unpredictability of it all when Roy Keane took over as manager.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Bradley Johnson, what a beast. Late goal followed by a game saving save and then running up the other end and making it safe. Brilliant.

Back