• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I don't think the Bournemouth squad is deep enough to really challenge for promotion. They are easily one of the best footballing teams in the Champs though and I think they'll continue to improve under Howe.

Finally, a home win. Much needed confidence boost going into away games at Forest and Boro next week.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I don't think the Bournemouth squad is deep enough to really challenge for promotion. They are easily one of the best footballing teams in the Champs though and I think they'll continue to improve under Howe.

Finally, a home win. Much needed confidence boost going into away games at Forest and Boro next week.
    2nd in the Championship now after beating Brighton 3-2, sure the win was not deserved but a great sign of a team is winning when playing poor. If Bournemouth will ever reach the Premier League its going to be this season.

Years
    Much crazier things have happened in the past than Bournemouth potentially getting promoted and pretty much everyone in the top half has a chance of promotion for now at least.

We have Norwich & Bournemouth this week, this should be an interesting thread no doubt. It's sad we could drop from 3rd to god knows where if those two games go south though. Hopefully we'll come out of it okay.

Pardew has really dug his way out of a pretty large hole this past week.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Pardew has indeed dug himself out of a hole. I thought that Man City would have destroyed them at the Etihad on Wednesday night, but I was wrong.

I know they say "support your team to the very end" but I'm not going to with the way Blackpool have been as of late. In fact, I'm gonna stop supporting them and move onto a different team completely, until they get out of this horrible mess that they have got themselves into.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Pardew has indeed dug himself out of a hole. I thought that Man City would have destroyed them at the Etihad on Wednesday night, but I was wrong.

I know they say "support your team to the very end" but I'm not going to with the way Blackpool have been as of late. In fact, I'm gonna stop supporting them and move onto a different team completely, until they get out of this horrible mess that they have got themselves into.
    Football is like that just 6 seasons ago Bournemouth started League 2 with -17 Points scrapping for our survival in the Football League throughout that season, a squad so thin that we could not even name a full subs bench at times. And here we are 6 seasons later knocking on the door of the Premier League.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Other than the stuff leading up to and the relegation to league one the last 20 years have been pretty drama free at Norwich. Couldn't even imagine stopping supporting them because of some off the field stuff though, let alone moving on to another team.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    If there's one thing I hate the most, it's the word "crisis" mentioned, which makes we want to move elsewhere. I understand it would be a scrap for survival... thing is, not gonna bother supporting them until Oyston is out. Still undecided on who I'm gonna follow next.

Years
    I can understand why Blackpool fans have stopped supporting their team to be honest, it's being milked for profit, will continue to be for the forseeable future and the likelihood of anything positive happening anytime soon is unlikely. My girlfriend's father is from Blackpool and while he still would identify as a Blackpool fan, he has lost a bit of interest and pays a bit of attention to Fleetwood now just to have a local team that are doing well. The best thing would of course be if Oyston left, but failing that it would be nice to see an AFC Blackpool set up.

The only off field drama we've had would have resulted in people supporting other teams since we were nearly liquidated, but that has been used as a force for good ever since with a stable and supportive chairman who has nearly been investing in us consistently for thirty years now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Would not mind seeing a draw in that game with a Bournemouth win tonight but if a side must win rather Middlesbrough win it, then the real test is at the weekend.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    So, I've made my mind up eventually... My parents told me that the young age of 1 that I had a liking to Blackburn Rovers, so I might as well go with them. They're not doing too bad at the minute, just outside of the playoffs, and a 3-1 win over Reading... really good.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    It's really not looking good for Norwich at all. Their manager had better get them all seen to at half time, providing they don't concede any more goals.

Also, Blackburn 1-0 up through Shane Duffy. :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    The glimmer of hope is the fact that we have been bad in a lot of first halves and turned it on in the second in most games this season. Of course we haven't been 2 - 0 down at any in form sides. Just Cardiff, which we turned from 2 - 0 to 4 - 2.

Not expecting anything now though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I don't believe this. 10 man Millwall equalized after being 2-0 down. Really disgusted at this result. 2 points lost.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    At least this has to be the end of Whittaker and Martin playing in the same side, right?

You are the one at fault for picking Rovers. They will always disappoint.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    GEEZ WHAT happened to Norwich tonight losing 4-0..... AND Birmingham beating Watford.

Bournemouth ended up 2-0 winners to make it 6 wins in a row and up to the top of the Championship but seeing how Middlesbrough played tonight think we will lose at the weekend, I would bite your hand off for a draw.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Lots of individual errors, including a bad one from Ruddy. A bit of a dodgy penalty, I think. Our manager likes his right back at center back and one of his big strikers on the wing. He signed 3 new centerbacks but doesn't seem to want to use any of them.

That and Boro played well. Still, most of the goals were very avoidable.

This recent form is what I was expecting when we hired Adams. Midtable here we come.

Yup.

Back