• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    Another two points thrown away against Leicester, we really had the better of them in both fixtures yet we have only gained two points from those games.

Apparently we're in for Rudy Gestede, a man who had his best season partnering Jordan Rhodes upfront, yet we're probably selling Rhodes.

If we exclude the offside aspect, I think I prefer Mkhitaryan's goal over Giroud's, but its remarkable to see two goals like that anyway so I'm just happy we did.

So i was gonna comment on how cool Boro is for beating Man U on the Old Trafford, but they lost. So screw that.

We're sorry. :(

Years
    We've actually had a decent few days. 4 points a perfect hattrick for Oliveira against Derby.

Don't think Gestede is better than Rhodes but I suppose he's a nice lump to hit. A signing that fits your system more or just to give you more variety up top?

Apparently Palace have bid 7 million for Brady. 10-12m will do that I think.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Felt like Arsenal were lucky. Preston could have had that game in the bag in the first half.

Good for them that they got the win but why they didn't start the game like they did at the second half/leaving it late I don't know.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Attended the Sunderland v Burnley FA Cup game with friends, and can safely say it was one of the worst games of football i've ever had the displeasure of viewing. It was horrendous.

Joey Barton getting booed for doing pretty much anything was probably the highlight.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Attended the Sunderland v Burnley FA Cup game with friends, and can safely say it was one of the worst games of football i've ever had the displeasure of viewing. It was horrendous.

Joey Barton getting booed for doing pretty much anything was probably the highlight.
    cant have been worse than saints v sunderland in the efl cup

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    cant have been worse than saints v sunderland in the efl cup

I was not at that game, but i'd be willing to bet it was haha.

It was like that scene in Mike Bassett: England Manager where England draw 0-0 with Slovenia, and it's made up entirely of slow-mo montages of nothing happening and people yawning/looking bored. Imagine that, but for 90 minutes.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

It was like that scene in Mike Bassett: England Manager where England draw 0-0 with Slovenia, and it's made up entirely of slow-mo montages of nothing happening and people yawning/looking bored. Imagine that, but for 90 minutes.
    those mexicans were bloody brilliant, 3 cheers for ramirez!

Years
    Bit late replying to some of these things, but hopefully no-one cares too much about that.
    We've actually had a decent few days. 4 points a perfect hattrick for Oliveira against Derby.

Don't think Gestede is better than Rhodes but I suppose he's a nice lump to hit. A signing that fits your system more or just to give you more variety up top?

Apparently Palace have bid 7 million for Brady. 10-12m will do that I think.

There's a rumour that we signed Gestede because he topped some trivial statistic 'most aerial duels won' in the Premier League last season. So yeah he's just a lump to fit the system, but we can't cross so I don't know what we're expecting really.

Our rumours have got a bit more exciting since then, Bojan, Jese, Snodgrass, Bamford. Hopefully we can sign Snodgrass, it would almost definitely relegate Hull and he seems like a more reliable pickup than the other three.

I haven't seen Mike Bassett in a long time, I might have to give it a watch later.

So we're about to lose our only natural left back to Swansea. Neat.

Also Chelsea's new stadium is literally made out of plastic. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-38572335

Are we talking about Brady or someone else?

Controversial opinion - the stadium looks nice.

Years
    Olsson. Swansea manager confirmed talks. He recently added a year onto his contract which would have ran out this coming summer, so yeah, he's off.

Brady plays is better football further forward. Bunch of clubs interested in him too, wouldn't be surprised to see him go either.

Back