• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Hitsushiro

someone
Years
Looking back on this World Cup, I guess it meant Group G wasn't the true group of death like many Americans first thought, in my opinion Group B was the real group of death given how Australia got whopped in all their games there.

A good second half performance against Chile. An amazing game against possible World Cup winners. A poor performance mostly due to lack of our key players. Could have been worse, was much better than I expected, I can't really say we got whopped.

Although it was expected, a great win for Brazil. Neymar looks like an absolute superstar out there, having already scored 4 goals in a span of three games. Quite impressive, if you ask me, especially looking at other players who haven't performed as well but are considered high, high above him in skill level. Would like to see them make the final! :]

Brazil, in my opinion, has little chance against Chile the way they play.

TY

Their game against the Netherlands is already a example to deny that statement in a instant. 3-2 is NOT getting your butt handed over to you, especially when it was so close between the both and Australia definetly deserved a point at least.

Last edited:
Years
Well it's way better than this

6a00e5521030508834016768a9926a970b-800wi

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Canary droppings shirt was great. Imagine trying to concentrate on the game whilst playing against that.

I'd actually consider buying a Norwich shirt if they went crazy with the design again. That or if we bring back the racing green away shirt.

Years
I honestly believe those first 3 goals were a fluke.

I disagree. We looked shaky all first half and shoddy defending combined with woeful keeping we deserved be 0-3 down at half. If Jung Sung Ryong starts against Belgium, we can forget about even getting 1 point against them as well.

Anyways Suarez has done it again. Words can't describe how inane that was after all the controversy surrounding him time and time again. He must relish all the negative attention he gets. ****.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Ivory Coast AGAIN doesn't make the last 16. Just goes to show that you may have some great players, but if they can't play as a team, well....

Why do I have a feeling that Costa Rica is gonna lose to Greece? They've already done the hard work, beating Italy and Uruguay.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
On Greece's penalty, if you closely watch the replay, you'll see that Samaras just smashed his foot on the ground. Ivory Coast deserved to pass :[

Hitsushiro

someone
Years
On Greece's penalty, if you closely watch the replay, you'll see that Samaras just smashed his foot on the ground. Ivory Coast deserved to pass :[

They did. But that unfortunately was a penalty. He did get in the way of Samaras' foot, which then got smashed against the ground. It's unfortunate, and I doubt he had negative intentions. But he did get just a little bit too close to him, and the result we now all know.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Well it looks like Suarez could be facing a two year ban for biting one of the Italian players during the Uruguay vs Italy match yesterday. Course I am not happy that Uruguay advanced to the Round of 16.

The return of the vampire! No but seriously, Suarez should have took a yellow or a red for that.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Probably the only time that Suarez has hurt his teeth biting someone. Zombie Suarez should be at least banned for life because that's the third time he's done it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Not a chance in hell that will happen. Another short ban I expect, starting after the World Cup.

He'll keep doing it until somebody responds by tries to knock his head off with an elbow or something. Somebody should take the ban and do it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well I hope that Uruguay don't go out in the last 16... Suarez will be wanting a shoulder to cry on, and I don't think any of his team mates are up for it.

Switzerland are through, and I'm pleased for them. :D

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Well of the Group G matches today, so far the US vs Germany match is scoreless while the Portugal vs Ghana has one goal so far. The one goal being done by Portugal. Speaking of the US vs Germany match, at one point Jermaine Jones bumped into the ref. The commentators joked about the ref getting a yellow card.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
lol, an Italian journo on Lafferty.

Lorenzo Vicini @ViciniLo · 3h

Wow! #Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini just revealed why Kyle Lafferty was sold. And they are some very stern words.

Zamparini: "Lafferty sold? It was requested by my coach [Iachini]. At the end of the season he told me Kyle is unmanageable..."

Zamparini: "Iachini asked me to send Lafferty away. He's a great player who I'm fond of, but he's an Irishman without rules..."

Zamparini: "Lafferty is a womanizer. He disappears for a week, takes a plane to go to women in Milan. He has 2 families with 6 children."

Zamparini: "Lafferty doesn't train. He's uncoordinated. But then he's a great player because he gives 120% on the pitch."

Zamparini: "Lafferty is unmanageable in terms of his behavior. I asked Iachini to straighten him out again but he told me he can't."

Oddly enough, I remember an incident involving Lafferty & Iachini during #Palermo celebrations that seemed harmless but may have been a sign

During celebrations, Lafferty grabbed Iachini's famous hat off his head and threw it around. Beppe wasn't pleased about it.

Iachini commented on the incident after the fact, saying Lafferty wouldn't play another minute because of it. Everyone thought he was joking

Iachini may have been serious. Lafferty did not play in the remaining four matches of #Palermo's season.

That Lafferty news is crazy. Hope his wife knew about his flings, otherwise he's in for it now!

Lorenzo Vicini @ViciniLo · 2h

So, basically, Kyle Lafferty is the modern day George Best?

So if he does sign we are in for an interesting season.

Back