• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: The Galar Gym Challenge and Champion Cup

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Written by Soccersam!

What do we think of the set-p in this region? (Disappointment of no 18 Gyms aside.)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
y'know I almost forgot about those soccer uniforms

I hope that's not mandatory to wear at some point in the game, I'm not into that

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
The gym challenge looks very exciting, especially because of the tournament theme. To have a crowd for a gym battle is thrilling, at least from a child's perspective.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
So we still do the 8 gym challenge only, huh? Well, I guess I could see the lore of the Minor League Gyms being meant for the much younger trainers, since Pokemon Battling is an active sport in the region, meaning the fact there's more of them could assist the younger trainers in not having to travel as far to participate, possibly even being school related.

I'm really looking forward to taking on the gym challenge with an actual crowd in the gyms, though, I always wished that was a thing sooner.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I wonder if the reason for there being 18 canon gyms is because when the sequel games come out they'll have their own exclusive gym leaders.

From the wording on the official website, we're presumably getting at least one other pair of version exclusive gym leaders. (on the version exclusives page on the official website it says "certain towns will have different gyms that you can challenge" So that's at least 10 gyms accounted for, maybe more.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I had to read the article twice to somewhat understand it. I hope this doesn't require online play....i'm not disappointed, just very confused.
What is confusing about it? Happy to edit the article to aid clarity, but at the moment I'm unsure why you think it requires online play in regard to taking on Gyms and becoming the Champion (aka storymode).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
I like the idea of them treating gyms like actual sport leagues with sponserships. I've seen people rag on the uniforms, but honestly, let them have it this gen. Every other gen it's treated more as a part-time job or rite of passage, so having one gen wearing a uniform won't be too bad. If anything I think it adds to the tournament theme.

Back