• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Ability to decide between becoming a Professor in training, Gym Leader in training, Breeder, Co-Ordinator, or just regular challenger. This'd have a small affect on the plot. That is all.

I actually like that idea. Like, after you beat the game once, you could start a new story line as a Gym Leader or whatever; that'd be kickass |D It'd also add like, 100 points towards replay value.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Who would challenge your gym with that concept?

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    I just had an idea

A pokemon game in which one version is set in the past(like zelda looking) and another in the future and after you finish the past version you can go to the future and vice versa and your rival is from the opposite time.

If youre playing past version, you travel to the future throught a time machine brought by your rival. In future version it is some sort of magic your rival brings from the past.

Also there are some pokemon that are only found on one time or are more common. When you arrive in the other time zone. the pokemon exclusive to the past are rarer if you are in the past but in future versio than in the real past version.

Future version would have battle factory and past would have battle coloseum (like battle tower). Both would have different e4s and gyms leaders but same type.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I didn't know RSE and DPP were on a timeline yet, and what's May doing with an old gamecube if Lucas just bought a Wii in the same year? Surely she's not that low budget?

Actually, I don't have a Wii yet either. ><;;

Click!

How about, once again using DSi, you could download minigames and apps made specifically for in-game usage? It sounds cool in my head, but I have yet to think of any ideas for it. Three cheers for stupid! XD

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I would like more branched evolutions like poliwag poliwhirl poliwrath and politoad and the oddish family i love pokemon like that i think there should be more of them

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    Relax and take a deep breath, don't spoil the fun.

Gosh Don't be too excited over 5th generation. It will come out, says the pokemon anime staff. If you become too excited, you will not be able to resist the also inevitable 6th generation of pokemon when 5th generation comes out.

Let's not make fanciful ideas lest our image of new pokemon is shattered! But still you could discuss the plot.

I think that there will not be world domination this time, however, i think they are making another pokemon with the same purpose as Arceus, so that there will be 2 pokemon religion, one being with Arceus and one being with Pokemon X. Then the 2 religions will fight in an epic battle with trio legends.

Proof for no evolutions of pre evolutions for the next generation:
    Generation 1: Professor Oak studies pokemon habitat
    Generation 2: Professor Elm studies pokemon breeding, which in turn came out breeded pokemon.
    Generation 3: Professor Birch studies something akin to professor Oak, thus the pokemon were mostly indigenious with a few exceptions such as azuril.
    Generation 4: Professor Rowan studies pokemon evolution, thus came out many different evolutions and pre-evolutions including breeded types.
    Generation 5: Professor X studies pokemon y (my guess is pokemon biology), thus the pokemon might be indigenious to that area again.

If I am wrong, just call me an imbecile... LOL

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was thinking for the next gen, they can make MORE pokeballs, but instead, it would be something like Desert Ball (catching rate is higher when used in a Sandstorm or Desert), Frost Ball (Catching rate is higher when used in a hail storm or blizzard), Heat BAll (catching rate is higher in hot temp.), Damp Ball (catching rate is higher when raining) and yeah I think that is all...but I think these kinda new pokeballs would be really cool!!!

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Starters elements in Gen V

There where a bunch of rumors when diamond and pearl was going to come out that the starters would be Dark Psychic Fighting so what do u thin will be the case in the next generaion of pokemon if there is one

please do not just answer the poll and run please leave a comment for what u think

i personally think they will keep it grass fire water it has worked well and it is tradition

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Its probably going to be Grass/Fire/Water again. But its still going to be fun if its something different.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Grass/Fire/Water seems the most likely by far..
    (and if Nintendo actually releases a game with a starter "D/F/P" trio, I'd slap my head with my DS, because they would be sillier than I thought..)

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    One essential information on Pokemon Franchise

1. Pattern doesn't change, and true enough, sinnoh had the same type of starters.
    2. What do you think will happen when the elements or types changed? Obviously, many will hate it and some will not even buy the games, resulting in profit loss on the company.
    3. Is it logical to destory the numbering pattern of the pokedex, like you would destroy the numbering pattern on the periodic table? Conclusion, the pokedex's pattern holds a nature behind it, just like the periodic table, with group 1 elements having the same nature and blah blah blah.

IT WON'T CHANGE... THOSE WHO TRY TO SPOIL POKEMON'S REPUTATION WILL MAKE FAKE CLAIMS OUT OF IT.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back