• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    Also Dark/Psychic/Fighting DOES NOT WORK as a type triangle! When will people get this?
    I think it would.
    Psychic kills Fighting, but gets owned by Dark.
    Dark kills Psychic, but gets owned by Fighting.
    Fighting kills Dark, but gets owned by Psychic.

Just like...
    Grass kills Water, but gets owned by Fire.
    Water kills Fire, but gets owned by Grass.
    And Fire owns Grass but gets owned by Water.

It just makes sense to me.
    +Adding to that, I also really like the idea of having more powerful dark and ghost type moves. The only dark type move that can be absolutely more powerful than Dark Pulse (Power of 80 I think) is Punishment. I think it's suppose to have a power higher than 100, no more than 140. I'm not sure but that's the only one. And it's not a very nice move imo.:/
    Along with Ghost, the only powerful move is Shadow Force and it's the only one with power above 80 and only Giratina knows it. Unless if you hack or cheat that's a different story.

+Speaking of Ghost pokemon...It would be awesome if there was a Ghost Type Eevee. We have a Psychic and Dark, and all we need is a ghost. We should get a Dragon/Flying type as well. It would be awesome.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I think it would.
    Psychic kills Fighting, but gets owned by Dark.
    Dark kills Psychic, but gets owned by Fighting.
    Fighting kills Dark, but gets owned by Psychic.

Ah, but lets go the other way.

Grass is not very effective against Fire.
    Fire is not very effective against Water.
    Water is not very effective against Grass.

While for Dark/Psychic/Fighting....

Dark is not very effective against Fighting.
    Fighting is not very effective against Psychic.
    Psychic is INEFFECTIVE against Dark.

It's just not fair on the Psychics.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    Ah, but lets go the other way.

Grass is not very effective against Fire.
    Fire is not very effective against Water.
    Water is not very effective against Grass.

While for Dark/Psychic/Fighting....

Dark is not very effective against Fighting.
    Fighting is not very effective against Psychic.
    Psychic is INEFFECTIVE against Dark.

It's just not fair on the Psychics.
    Oh.xD; Well you got a point there. Good idea pointing that out. It wouldn't be much of a battle if the psychic pokemon had no effect on the dark. Of course the dark would win.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    1) Battle settings. Players collaborate on different rules of the battle. Settings include Music, Background, etc. But there would be non-cosmetic settings as well such as:

-Optional enforcement of Legendary, OHKO, Species, Evasion, and Sleep clauses.
    -Adventure vs Competitive style. Competitive style is just like any other link battle. Adventure style is just like singleplayer, where players gain experience, use items, and gain money.

2) Hard mode. In this skill level, the game assumes the player knows what he is doing. Trainers are all higher leveled and have better AI. Tutorials are skipped.

3) All Pokemon in series receiving an in-game location, rather than depending on previous generations for a completed 'dex. (And maybe two new legendaries, tops)

4) Break from the 8-Gym + Rival + E4 + Evil Team pattern that has been going on since the very first game. I know Gamefreak can get more creative than this.

Years
    NPC opponents use TM's.
    Double Team and Minimize are more common.
    A female professor.
    Your rival has the power of 'disconnection'. If losing, your DS may power off. Battery power regardless.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I don't just want new stuff to go with what we have (EG water type moves) I want new types and new status problems. Like drowning and Light-type.

Stuff like that.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    Things that I would like to see in future Pokemon games:

-A Dark type Pokemon Gym. So far, there is not even a single Gym that has Dark as its speciality type in all 4 Generations.

-Fire/Dragon or Dragon/Fire type Pokemon. As pointed out by Bulbapedia:
    Even though dragons are known in real-life legends as fire-breathers, there is yet to be a dual-type Fire/Dragon or Dragon/Fire Pokémon, though most Dragon-types can use Fire-type moves.

Kathryn.

That shy girl.
    Years
    They should make Clampearl evolve into huntail, but not gorebyss.

LUVDISC SHOULD EVOLVE INTO GOREBYSS! JUST LOOK AT THEM!

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    Farfetch'd needs an evolution so epic it'll get in the uber tier.

Well, any evolution would be alright I guess.
    Delibird too.

As for the regions, they're running low on Japanese places to base it on. I guess Shikoku might work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I would love to see a Sapphire remake.
    I thought it's been established... It's only logical, seeing the current trend, that if a fifth generation will ever exist, it's surely have have a Hoenn remake. Probably just Ruby & Sapphire, though i'd really like an Emerald one. Though, if Nintendo that four generations is ENOUGH, then a Gen 4 Hoenn remake would be AWESOME, purely because it would have ALL regions in the same generations.

SantasStantler

Ninja Slowpoke.
    Years
    I think the starter types will stay the same (Grass, Fire, and Water). There is only so much you can change in a Pokemon game, some things have to stay the same, you don't want Gen V to be too different.

There are loads of decent Pokemon that deserve evolutions,
    Jynx Evolution,
    Pinsir Evolution (equivalent to Syther and Scizor),
    Bannete Evolution,
    Perhaps a Castform Evolution, with some new forms (sandstorm),
    Corsola Evolution,
    and the most deserving of all Pokemon needing an evolution... Stantler !! (Yay)

As for some new types, it would be nice. But... I would be afraid some new types would throw the typing system off balance, I think It's fine as it is.

Some dual types I would like to see though:
    A Grass/Dragon type,
    A Ghost/Bug type,
    A Bug/Ice type,
    A Flying/Ghost type,
    and a pure Flying type.

When i think of some more Gen V ideas, I will post them.

n__n

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    And Shedinja takes the Bug/Ghost type. And solely Flying will no doubt never happen, due to the whole Normal/Flying thing.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Back to the topic, I hope they won't make the first Pokemon Gym have Rock as its speciality type again.

Absolutely! Who isn't bored of facing Rock-types early on all the time?

What about other candidates for the first gym?

Steel - Unlikely, but could be fun for a real challenge. If the Pokemon were slightly lower levelled than usual it could be acceptable
    Dark - I'm throwing this out there, just because we really need a Dark-type gym, no matter what number it is.
    Bug - An easy opening gym.... perhaps too easy? Having it as the first gym excludes all the powerful Bug-types like Heracross, Scizor or Yanmega.
    Dragon - This would make people cry. Whether that's a bonus or not is up to you.
    Normal - Perhaps the best choice. No stater type has a particular advantage, and the Normal-type has a massive range of Pokemon to choose from, from Bidoof to Snorlax. Yeah, I'm going with Normal.

Any other suggestions?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok.I'm going to go totally different with a lot of what's been said in this page in what i'd like to see in 5th Gen:

1.No new regions/pokemon!!(especially legendaries)
    2.Do a game with Sinnoh + Hoenn together (you could stick Sinnoh below, connecting the Battle Zone with Hoenn battle frontier)
    3.Just collaborate regions in the games, so that by 6th Gen. we have all four current regions, and a new one
    4.Contest halls all over each region.
    5.NO HOENN REMAKE!!!!!(I want them to stick it in 4th Gen.)
    6.No evil teams except Team Rocket.So you have them trying to steal Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza etc. rather than destroy/create the worldd.
    7.No HMs except Surf and Flash.HM Flash to be made like in LeafGreen rather than like in Emerald.
    8.And more....

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    Flash should never make a return to HM, ever! They should make a key item to replace it e.g. a torch.

A few make that two, posts back someone was mentioning a new first gym type, I like the idea of Normal, but I was thinking maybe Fighting? It would be maybe a touch more difficult than usual, but not that hard at the level they'd be.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back