• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Absolutely! Who isn't bored of facing Rock-types early on all the time?

What about other candidates for the first gym?

Steel - Unlikely, but could be fun for a real challenge. If the Pokemon were slightly lower levelled than usual it could be acceptable
    Dark - I'm throwing this out there, just because we really need a Dark-type gym, no matter what number it is.
    Bug - An easy opening gym.... perhaps too easy? Having it as the first gym excludes all the powerful Bug-types like Heracross, Scizor or Yanmega.
    Dragon - This would make people cry. Whether that's a bonus or not is up to you.
    Normal - Perhaps the best choice. No stater type has a particular advantage, and the Normal-type has a massive range of Pokemon to choose from, from Bidoof to Snorlax. Yeah, I'm going with Normal.

Any other suggestions?

I think it should really stay Rock or maybe go to Steel. It needs to be something that Normal is weak to, to make it harder. The first Gym experience in a game should be a difficult one. And it's been like that in every generation except Gen II, due to the fact that Brock was still in it.

The other contender would be Steel, but there aren't really that many Steel Pokemon that fit low levels. Aron would be alright I guess, they could also introduce another Steel typer for the job I guess.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I think it should really stay Rock or maybe go to Steel. It needs to be something that Normal is weak to, to make it harder. The first Gym experience in a game should be a difficult one. And it's been like that in every generation except Gen II, due to the fact that Brock was still in it.

I don't agree that it would be too easy if the gym didn't have a resistance to Normal. Since no type is weak to Normal, it's never going to be a gamebreaking type. Also, the Rock gyms are never remotely a challenge if you picked the Grass or Water starters, especially since they always use a Rock/Ground type to magnify the weakness. That's why I think Normal is the best to start off with. No starters have an advantage, in fact nothing at the start of the game will, since Fighting-type are rarely found before the first gym.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    What Do you want to see Next Generation?

I want to see A New Eeveelution Like a Dragon Type or a Dual-Type Eeveelution Or A Pokemon that is Able to Beat Arceus in a Fair Battle and A Deeper StoryLine that tells us more about pokemon's History And Hand Held pokemon Games Still Compatible w/ The DS system and 3D Battle Sequence in the Hand-Held Games And a Dodge Option

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I agree - Hoenn was such a good Region ^^
    I'd like to see just a few more little tweaks that are obvious yet few people have thought of.
    And some new Pokemon of course.
    That's about it for me (:

Years
    The traditional grass, fire, water triangle is almost a given. I wouldn't expect anything else for 5th gen starters. However, as we've seen in 3rd and 4th gen, they can be dual types, so there's still room for creativity.

I just hope that 5th gen will be compatible with our current games. In fact, I hope they NEVER make games that aren't compatible with the ones we have now. I'm just now getting good at breeding and have some very strong pokemon in my arsenal. It was so lame when I couldn't transfer my pokemon from G/S over to Ruby and Sapphire. I've come to accept that the change was needed (the gameboy games had many flaws, glitches, ect.) but I see no reason that there should be another "wall" between generations. The EV/IV system is fine, there aren't any outrageous glitches, and the graphics are hardly out of date. Please don't make me start over again, Gamefreak, please!

Heh. I say that as if I wouldn't buy them if they weren't compatible. Truth is, I'm a sucker for these games, so I really don't have a choice do I? :P

-I hope that they bring underwater routes back in 5th gen. I loved that about Hoenn.
    -I love that pokemon follow you in HGSS. Keep it. An option to turn it off would be nice, also (tho I probably never would, others might).
    -Please: keep the day/night system *points to Hoenn and Kanto* No more regions where I can't evolve my Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon.
    -Come up with bad guys I can take seriously, not neanderthals that constantly tell you what they're plotting. *Points to Team Galactic*
    -I want my ridiculously fast Mach Bike from Hoenn back. (Probably won't happen; it was a little too fast)
    -Keep the Pokethlon. Or something like it. No more contests. EVUR. For real. No more contests. Are we clear?
    -Add more whether effects in the overworld. Snow in the cities would be neat every once in a while.
    -Give Flareon Flare Blitz for crying out loud! Flareon has physical base stats, and all its STAB moves are special. This is a movepool addition long overdue.
    -Keep Notched-ear Pichu (or spikey eared pichu, whatever the little tyke's name is).

Other than that, I would like them to suprise me. Creativity is what makes the game.

EDIT:
    I want to see A New Eeveelution Like a Dragon Type or a Dual-Type Eeveelution
    It's inevitable that there will be more eeveelutions. However, there' s only two I care to see out of the types that are left: Steel and Dragon.

Metaleon FTW.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    I would like to see these things in the future generations as well:
    -A really strong female rival.
    -A Normal type Elite 4 member.
    -If they want to keep the VS Seeker, I hope they could make it usable in caves too, although I kind of doubt it.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    i would like to see new elements
    -light
    -virius (that would be really cool)

maybe some new HM's if available

2 regions to travel to, that would be badass

A cool battle frontier, one with not so complicated rules.

I would like to see some characters from previous games (lance, steven, green, blaine?)

I want them to really enforce the worlds elements in the 5th generation.
    -better snow (not so blurry that you cant see your overworld)
    -smoother sandstorms
    -have real rainforests and jungles (like how they played the jungles out in RSE but wayyy better)
    -rocky roads (rough terrain) actualy change up the grass colours and stuff

I just want the games in the 5th generation to be real elemental and be with the world. Make it feel like your inside the game

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I want a rival like in R/B/Y and G/S/C. A mean rival. A badass rival. Not some kind of psuedo-friend running around giving you things (although I think Green/Blue gave Red something in R/B/Y?) and pretending to fight you friendly.

BADASS. SILVER. GREEN. nuff said.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I wouldn't mind a male counterpart to Lopunny. Male Gardevoir were creepy, so we got Gallade. Male Lopunny are creepy, so we should get something.

xD good im not the only one who found a male gardevoir and lopunny creepy (i really thought it was disturbing)

by yeah i pretty much agree with you on that lopunny should get a male counterpart

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    -Make the Pokemon likeable. I've found Gen I to have the most likeable Pokemon of all the games.
    -Bring back simple Starters! Bulbasaur, Charamander, and Squritle FTW!
    -Make underwater routes again, they were interesting.
    -Have Fly become not so linear, I'd love to be able to pop up in any given location that I've visited, within reason.
    -Teleport should do more than just take you to the last Pokemon Center you visited, how about making it any Pokemon Center you've visited? Or for that matter, any location where you can heal your party?
    -Day/Night System. NEVER remove it again!
    -More weather effects, snow in cities, lakes freezing and thawing, stuff like that.
    -Better evil team or bust. Not some retarded group dressed like astrotards who announce their plans to the world.
    -Unique gyms. Let's see a Gym Leader who focuses on Speed, not a particular type. Or a gym where you forced to use only three Pokemon. Give us a challenge!
    -No more legendaries, ever. Too many as it is...
    -KEEP THE NOTCHED EAR PICHU!!!!
    -Remove Arceus, Rhyperior, Magmortar, and Electrivire from exsistence -_-
    -Interesting or unique evolutions. Definitly more stone evolutions, I mean, a Sun Stone for two Pokemon? Come on! Also, anyone notice the Thunderstone evolves three Pokemon(?)? Magnemite (?), Pikachu and Eevee
    -NO EEVEELUTIONS THAT AREN'T SPECIAL TYPES.
    -No region-revisitng, just cause to take up space which could be used for more inivative features.
    -Customizable avatars, give us a choice of changing our outfits!
    -Pokemon Follow Me feature must stay!!!!
    -Less Trade-evos, they're straight-up annoying.
    -A more difficult and rewarding Elite 4, give us something besides HoF status. And actually put up a fight.
    -Keep Contests, but make them like the anime. I'd love to actually combine my Pokemon's moves to make something awsome for Appeal points. Make battles a part of things, like the anime.
    -Keep the PokeGear. Poketch=EPIC FAIL
    -Pal Park, eh, take it or leave it, whatever.
    -Give us an interesting Safari Zone with Pokemon we WANT to catch.
    -Less novelty and more tournament-potential Pokemon. I'll shoot myself if I see a weak-ass halloween Pokemon in Gen 5 0_o

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    -Make the Pokemon likeable. I've found Gen I to have the most likeable Pokemon of all the games.
    -Bring back simple Starters! Bulbasaur, Charamander, and Squritle FTW!

Nostalgia?

-Make underwater routes again, they were interesting.

Yes, but not as a HM again. Maybe a Key Item "Scuba Kit" or something that allows us to go underwater.

-Better evil team or bust. Not some retarded group dressed like astrotards who announce their plans to the world.

To be fair, Team Rocket were always pretty moronic too. Take this for example.

-No more legendaries, ever. Too many as it is...

Fewer legendaries, yes. But a new generation with no new legendaries would be very disappointing.

-Interesting or unique evolutions. Definitly more stone evolutions, I mean, a Sun Stone for two Pokemon? Come on! Also, anyone notice the Thunderstone evolves three Pokemon(?)? Magnemite (?), Pikachu and Eevee

Actually, only two. Magnemite evolves by level, not stone.

-NO EEVEELUTIONS THAT AREN'T SPECIAL TYPES.

Since individual moves are special/physical now, I hardly see how it matters.

-Customizable avatars, give us a choice of changing our outfits!
    -Pokemon Follow Me feature must stay!!!!

Yes, definitely.

-Less Trade-evos, they're straight-up annoying.

Absolutely. It's ridiculous that the only way to obtain a Pokemon is to get rid of it. :\

-Keep Contests, but make them like the anime. I'd love to actually combine my Pokemon's moves to make something awsome for Appeal points. Make battles a part of things, like the anime.

Contests should be like they were in RSE, just slightly upgraded. Nobody wants dancing and dressing-up.

-Keep the PokeGear. Poketch=EPIC FAIL

The Poketch would be fine if we could navigate the apps more easily, and have more choice over which ones we have. We should be able to remove them at will.

-Give us an interesting Safari Zone with Pokemon we WANT to catch.

Definitely. Hoenn's Safari Zone was good, but too similar to Kanto's in concept. The Great Marsh was just horrible - filled with Wooper and Bibarel - Pokemon common outside of the Marsh - and you couldn't walk more than three steps without getting stuck. Deep mud was a good idea in concept, but in reality it made traversing those areas horrribly frustrating and boring.

-Less novelty and more tournament-potential Pokemon. I'll shoot myself if I see a weak-ass halloween Pokemon in Gen 5 0_o

Completely disagree. The Generation IV Pokemon were too focused on competitive gaming. The fun in Pokemon comes from not only the powerful OUs, but the awesome of the leek-carrying ducks and cute babies.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    You've got a point on some things there.

-If any Legends are to exsist in Gen 5, just mkae it the boxart one >.> PLEASE GameFreak, NO MORE LEGENDARIES LIKE ARCEUS!

-The Eeveelutions thing: All the Eeveelutions are 'Special' types, as in, before D/P/Pt made individual attacks Special and Physical, the typing of a move dteremined if it was Physical or Special, I think it should be kept that way. I swear I'll cry if I see a Bug-, Fighting-, Steel-, Rock-, Dragon-, or Ground-Type Eeveelution.

-As for TR being moronic...I'll agree, but not nearly as bad as that Godforsaken Team Galactic DX

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    -The Eeveelutions thing: All the Eeveelutions are 'Special' types, as in, before D/P/Pt made individual attacks Special and Physical, the typing of a move dteremined if it was Physical or Special, I think it should be kept that way. I swear I'll cry if I see a Bug-, Fighting-, Steel-, Rock-, Dragon-, or Ground-Type Eeveelution.

You really think it was better when types were exclusively physical/special? I though that the physical/special split was the best thing to happen to Pokemon since Gen II.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back