• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
Years
  • Oh, I've made my fair share of legendary evolutions. Only three were really good though. All I need to do now is use my awesome persuasive skills on the Nintendo company...

Here is my list-

1) Combination types (allowing a pokemon to have three types by combining two and adding a third, ie electric+steel=robot or ice+water=arctic)

3) A few new abilities I've made up...
    -Metal Detector (alerts you to unseen items without the use of some fancy poketch app or other piece of crap)

-Hydra (for one of my sister's fakemon only... but... it causes the pokemon to get doubled power on all moves involving its mouth after being hit by a cutting move, thus eliminating the effects of the cut-like move. It quadruples the power if said cutting move is guillotine.)

-Adrenaline Rush (the pokemon will OHKO the opponent if it is the last in your pack and with hp in the red; comes into effect right before the move that faints it)

4) A dark ghost type with wondergaurd

5) TALKING POKEMONZ! (yeah... I'm kidding on this one.)
    I like those ideas, JoL. :D

I have some 5th generation ideas in my art thread if you guys wanna see. The drawing should be somewhere in page 2. ^_^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm hoping for evolutions and/or pre-evolutions for Pokémon without any, and maybe adding a fourth evolution to the evlutionary chain of Pokémon?

Also, for the poll I picked the first option, because knowing Nintendo, they're most likely won't be changing the starter line-up. They've had that line-up since the very first Pokémon games, so, it is highly unlikely that they will change it. If they do, then that would be amazing.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    An evolution of Aerodactyl, Jynx, and Onix (A different evolution that would still be part rock type, maybe by trading while holding Kings Rock) would be cool.

NO MORE EEVEE EVOLUTIONS.

One thing I do hope is that it will be a step up from Hoenn and Sinnoh.

EDIT: A Rock | Dragon combination needs to be introduced, Aerodactyl could evolve into a beast of a dragon. Sorry, I'm a Rock freak. :D

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • good looking pokemon. I liked the 3rd and 4th gens, but a lot of their pokemon looked a bit... I don't know the right word, but I'm sure everyone understands. They need to look better.
    A really good battle frontier.
    maybe some new competitions. I mean like jhotos bug catching comp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I really dont wanna see more powerful legendaries... how can you beat the God pokemon? how? really... how? you just cant. Maybe just add a few legends, like the origionals had with four. I would love to see Shuckle get some lime light. Like a super powerful evolution, like a bug/dragon type would be good for shuckle. Then I wanna see a Hitmongod... like a common second evolution to the hitmon family or a psychic evolution to tyrogue when there is higher Special stats than non Special stats. That is my hope

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
  • A 3rd evo for jynx is, the most needed, although I'd like to see mr mime and Jynx final evos introduced at the same time though.

I really dont wanna see more powerful legendaries... how can you beat the God pokemon? how? really... how? you just cant. Maybe just add a few legends, like the origionals had with four. I would love to see Shuckle get some lime light. Like a super powerful evolution, like a bug/dragon type would be good for shuckle. Then I wanna see a Hitmongod... like a common second evolution to the hitmon family or a psychic evolution to tyrogue when there is higher Special stats than non Special stats. That is my hope

I like the idea of a n psychic/fight like Gallade was with the ralts family, but not a common second evolution to the family, they each go different ways so shouldn't rejoin at the end.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure there are going to be 2 more Eeveelutions: A Flying Eevee, and a Ghost like one. Maybe one made out of Steel.

well if you followed the pattern of the regions and pokedex we probably wont be getting anymore eevee evolutions until the 6th gen.

1st gen: the original eevee evolutions
    2nd gen: added 2 more (included the new 100-10 pokemon pre-evolved and evolved)
    3rd gen: added over 150 new pokemon and only 2 pre-evolved formes (no eevee evolutions)
    4th gen: added 100-10 pokemon (just like the 2nd gen)
    5th gen: its probably going to be like the 3rd gen.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • All I ask for in 5th gen is better game speed/tempo.
    Remember D/P Surf? Pt saving speed? High encount rates when you run in HGSS?

None of them in 5th gen please.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • 17 Badges, please. Hopefully, though, you will only have to collect 8, for consistency's sake. This means that there'd be two Gyms in all of the city, except one, which will have three. Of course, the City's Gyms' Types would have to be could against the same Type, so that people don't just go after the ones their good against.

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
  • Perhaps you could have the choice between an original or isometric view. It would add a lot of depth to the graphics and I really like isometric maps

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • These are my wishlist and ideas for the next Genearion, even though i did this once in this topic ill just post a secoond batch.

1. We need more interesting fossils like a Saber Tooth Fossil for like "Saber Tooth Tiger Pokemon" and a Terra Beak Fossil for a "Terror Bird Pokemon" or like a Raptor Claw Fossil for "Volasa Raptor Pokemon"

2. Choosing your profession besides being a Trainer or Coordinator put something like, you wanna become a full fledge Breeder, Cop, Thief, and other Pokemon Profession.

3. More cliff hangers. like you need to pick between two people and if you dont the other theyll be a enemy for a certain amount of time. Until something else happens like desease that your Pokemon has and you need to found out the potion within a time period (After you beat the game, doesnt make sense if your pokemon is sick and need a ingrediant that is in the other of the map that you havent explored yet) that the person has and need to do what ever they want you to do in a time limit. or the death of a friend....or your mother in the game!!

5. More Eeveelutions.

6. 1st or secondary Evolve forms for a oner time pokemon like Kanguskun ( Cant spell for beans) and liek call it "Kangaskid" and like Spiritomb, Carnivine, Farfetch'd, ect etc.

7. add animals with everyday type stuff or with other animals... Armordillo (BTW reminds me of a sandshrew) with like a Tank and a Ant Eater with Worthog.

Ill think of other stuff...

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    A poison and ground type eevelution would be sweet. And a few new general types of pokemon would be cool.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I'm gonna sound like a terrible pokemon fan for saying this. Reboot. I couldn't stand the new pokemon from Gen IV, we need to get back to basics, to the old day of Generation One. Since that'll never happen (Unless everyone at gamefreak thought it was a brilliant idea after watching the new Star Trek), Gen IV will probably be my last PokeGeneration as an active trainer.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    1.NO eeveelutions!!!
    2.Hoenn, joined onto either a new region, or maybe Fiore/Almia.
    3.Customizable character
    4.No Zubat,Goldeen,Magikarp,Abra,Gastly (at least the latter wasn't in Hoenn)
    5.If no Hoenn, Hoenn pokemon!!!!Skitty,Poochyena,Absol!!They're all awesome!!
    6.Maximum of 1 new legendary.Maybe have a plot revolving around current ones, like Jirachi,Deoxys-they've no plotline in previous games.
    7.Team Rocket!!!!Rather than all this creating new worlds mallarchy, howsabout good old-fashioned pillage 'n' rape, eh?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Features
    Geographically, I want a tundra. There's been ice caves and snowy paths, but no tundras. 'Bout time we need a tundra. And a savanna and a rainforest- maybe for a Safari Zone Pokemon Reserve. I could imagine a portion of the plot to be on defending a Pokemon Reserve from an evil team (one that would cut off tails of Slowpokes).

I think gaming is advanced enough to allow the customization of your trainer. For example, when beginning your game, instead of getting that lengthy speech of the Pokemon world and how exciting and mysterious it is from the Pokemon professor, you are handed a forum at a Pokemon Center to fill out in order to obtain a Pokemon Training Licenses that would include various information such as your name, birthdate, skin tone, hair colour, eye colour, gender, and age. While the trainer sprite will be dressed in simple clothes at the beginning, you could always go out and buy clothes in Department stores.

I'd like to see a few changes (maybe quite a few) in Pokemon types. Not only should there be the addition of at most three types (Light, Sound, and ???), there should be some changes in the physics of types. For a few examples, poison needs to be super-effective against fighting type. I've thought that poison was super effective against fighting types when I played Pokemon Stadium, but it really sucks to have poison only super-effective against a type that already has so many other weaknesses. There should be some elemental type changes in some Pokemon in my opinion, such as:

Charizard- Fire/Dragon
    Blastoise- Water/Steel (it has metal cannons coming out of its shell for Arceus's sake!)
    Ninetails- Fire/Ghost (who could not forget that anime episode!?!)
    Arcanine- Fire/Light
    Gyarados- Water/Dragon
    Meganium- Grass/Light
    Typhlosion- Fire/Ground
    Feraligatr- Water/Dark (or Fighting)
    Noctowl- Psychic/Flying
    Ampharos- Electric/Fighting
    Celebi- Bug/Psychic (finally, a legendary Bug Pokemon)
    Sceptile- Grass/Dragon
    Gardevoir- Psychic/Ghost
    Milotic- Water/Dragon
    Glalie- Ice/Dark
    Empoleon- Water/Ice (it's a penguin...)
    Luxray- Electric/Dark
    Most Normal/Flying types -> Flying type

I'd like to see seasons come into play into the game. The game could have an in-game calendar that bases the seasons on the moon of the month. Therefore, one month will usually be one complete cycle (and then some) of seasons. Seasons, like the night and day feature, may also determine what Pokemon are available (migrating Pokemon should be implemented) and may have other bonus effects such as well.

Pokemon
    Starters
    I thought it would be neat if the three starters began as Dark, Psychic, and Fighting (or Light), and later gained the Grass, Fire, and Water types respectively (for example, the Psychic type may learn Will-o-Wisp before it levels up enough to evolve and gain fire as a second type). I was thinking the Dark starter should start as a fawn, evolve into an elk, then become a moose with vines through its rack. The Psychic starter should start out as a lion cub, then a lion undergoing maturity, then a lion with a mane of flame. The fighting or light type may start as a bipedal narwhal-thing (but still good on the eyes) and evolve to have a much longer tooth. Note how all three interpretations of starters have an outstanding trait showing masculinity. Only males and special females (females given as starters) may possess those traits which enable them to perform a strong move with that trait.

Here's some other Pokemon types I'd like to see:
    Bug/Fire
    Grass/Fire (Burning Bush Pokemon)
    Seasonal Birds (Hummingbird, Swan, Turkey, and Geese)
    Falcon/Eagle
    Platypus (Females Water, Males Water/Poison)
    Fire/Water (Steam Pokemon)
    Fighting/Flying (Superhero)
    Psychic/Dark (Supervillan)
    Dragon/Bug
    Ground/Dark
    Cooking/Gourmet Pokemon
    Muskrat Pokemon
    Ghost/Grass Legendary
    Ghost/Fire Legendary
    Ghost/Water Legendary (These three would make a trio and may be inspired by that one anime episode when Brock and James fall in love with a ghost)
    Rock/Fighting, Rock/Psychic, Rock/Dragon Mascot Trio (Maybe a Past, Present, and Future Theme featuring Dialga)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    No, not at all. Especially if you are from The Pokemon Company. I'm quite honored that somebody liked my idea.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Hahah, I wish I was from the Pokemon Company, but I'm just a game developer. Thanks for your permission, I'm currently designing a new game and these ideas could really make it stand out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back