• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Personally, I doubt 5th will happen. Even if it does, theres a good chance the Pokemon that are released from it, will be unoriginal and look slapped together.

What do you think?
    We already have a catch-all thread for generation five so I'm going to merge this thread with it.

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002

Shadow. Lord of speed.
    Years
  • My wishlist for gen 5
    1:Rematches with gymleaders.
    2:Elite four gets stronger every time you beat them 5 times.
    3:Your rival isn't your friend.I liked beating him better when they thought they were better then you.
    And thats my wishlist

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • R/B/G, G/S/C, R/S/E, FR/LG and D/P/Pt are all in the Top 20 biggest selling games of all time. GH/SS is likely to join them and D/P/Pt is 7th, which is brilliant considering the 3rd Gen is 17th. Pokemon has became more popular again, and it's made Nintendo a ton of money. It'll continue on the basis that there is a lot more money to be made.

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
  • Character customization would be cool, and be able to go to all the regians.
    OH,
    and put like bows and stuff on your pokemon all the time, or at least see the held item on the spirit xD

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I have to hugely disagree with the people who think they're running out of ideas. Are they getting lazy? Possibly, but really, just go look at some fan art. Plus every gen brings us alot more than just new pokemon.

~I'd like to see the return of your mom holding money for you and buying dolls cause I always thought that was sweet:P

~Some character customization as has been metioned many times before.

~A Dragon/Ice type, please, Please PLEASE!!

~Lesser legendaries

~A tricked out region, where the legends are completely based off local myth. I know that the sinnoh legends are really only spoken of in Sinnoh, but Space and Time kind of effect everyone.

~Some season events, Something like a bug catching contest or whatever but instead of coming three times a week, it can come, once a month or something.

~And finally, I'm not here to complain about the villians of the Pokemon games, cause I like them the way they are, but I feel that they can be improved. Piss some more people off, or have the boss actually send people AFTER YOU once he considers you a threat. You know something.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Milotic was the greatest sign of idea loss in RSE. Its simply Gyarados' long lost cousin. Not exactly original, I would say.

So? Don't start telling me that the first 150 were the epitome of original. One of them is a rock with arms, another one is a ball with two colors on it. There are many Pokemon that resemble other Pokemon.

The fact that they're beginning to make more spin-offs and remakes would also help thet fact that, either 5th won't come, or they can't think of anything.

Or, they like money. Most companies do.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I would love a Jynx Evo.
    Also would be awesome if you managed to go to past regions too. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    • less legendaries: Hoenn & Sinnoh had too many
    • customizable protagonists
    • bring back Dive as a HM
    • Headbutt trees instead of honey
    • Dark, fighting, & psychic starters

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Dark, fighting, & psychic starters

They're not going to change the types of the starters after doing it one way for over a decade. I do like your other ideas though.

Also would be awesome if you managed to go to past regions too. :P

Hoenn is the only region I could see being included in 5th gen, and that's iffy. They're not going to put more than two regions in one game, for many reasons.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Dark/Fighting/Psychic wouldn't be fair, because Dark-types don't resist psychic, they're immune to it. Fire/Water/Grass is the best triangle, not just because it's traditional, but because it works in all directions, and they're all mostly Special attacks.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • I think having a pokemon follow you out of it's pokeball would be a good idea like some people already said.

Although, i'm kinda scared what gen 5 might look like. the pokemon are getting more and more bizzare. example: Probopass a giant floating rock/steel head thing with a mustache!!

Years
  • Ok.

No level 100 cap. Change to 255, or maybe just remove the level system! Run everything on experience points and stuff like that... Thats the only way some narrow minded people can train uber magikarps like in the anime >.> (like meee XD)

Also, A thing where a pokemon evolves when happiness is at lowest, and its levelled up / experience. (yay, new eeveelution.) lol

Also, 5th gen shouldnt have new pokemon, just a much different variety. Where pokemon are not sorted in a number. Stored in the order you see it. (harder for those luzrs who dont fight every trainer to get a natdex)

The starters should be at a random, where it just shows random three pokemon (one of each type) but they can be from any region. (eg. Chikorita, Chimchar, Squirtle)

Headbutt trees
    More HMs
    Less TMs
    Smater computer
    Gym leader pokemon "levels / experience" always greater then yours. (duh, challenging)
    Different gymleader style.. Why is it always 8? Why not 12? or 10? or 20? Just because it fits the screen better?
    pffffshhh~
    Also, no elite four.

"Gotta Catch Them All"
    No elite four. Catch all pokemon, you get congratulated, become best professor of all the lands then you go in a fairy dream of catching both male and females, both male and female shiny, then, youre probably 50 by the time you finish the game :D hoorah!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2011
    Although, i'm kinda scared what gen 5 might look like. the pokemon are getting more and more bizzare. example: Probopass a giant floating rock/steel head thing with a mustache!!

Totally agreed. Pokemon in the first, second and third generation were largely based on animals, e.g.

Rattata - Rat (Normal)
    Pidgey - Bird (Normal/Flying)
    Squirtle - Turtle (Water)
    Omanyte - Shellfish (Water/Rock)
    Donphan - Elephant (Rock/Ground)

And the types were relevant. However in DPPt, we see this.

Chimchar - Monkey which head is on fire (Fire/Fighting)

How does this make sense? How can a monkey be on fire and still be alive?

Agreed with eccentric's point, "Smater computer".
    Making my way through Silph Co. in FRLG didn't seem very eventful.

Each floor had many Grunts, which had IQs of -4529.
    With Zubats. Raticates.

Urgh, I hate Zubats.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Gen 5? Maybe they should make one for a nintendo console or PC that could be in full 3d and be able to go to all regions. And also have all Pokemon.

Then you could like, walk around in 3D to all the regions.
    Abolish the level system and the battle system.

Battling could be done like so instead
    Take control of your Pokemon and run around in a 3d battlefield/arena with 4 buttons to fire 4 attacks at the opposition.
    The level system would be too tedious for this kind of thing.

Then there could be trainer customizations like GTA so you could play online and battle other people this way.

Earning money through ways other than battling like doing odd jobs related to pokemon.

Then you could have pokemon special abilities and tasks that you could do to complete to get money or rewards. Example: Sandgem town is having a drought, you capture Kyogre and use its ability to make rain. or maybe spy on an evil organization using the two latis. Have Latios go in invisible then Latias would be with you and you could use sight sharing.

Maybe you could also use your Pokemon outside battles.

Wow, if they could make a game like this it would be even bigger than spore. (possibly more expensive.)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    no more new attacks, attacks are pretty much covered, a new region, new pkmn type combinations, a key item that lets u multiply tms and items like a copier or somethin (call it copy machine), lets u choose one of two paths, either a pkmn trainer or a coordinator according to the choice the game should be based on that. i have more ideas but game freak or the makers of the game will just steal them and not give me credit or any other pkmn trainer who suggest something

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Some things I'd like to see in 5th Gen of Pokemon (if it even comes):

• More sprites to choose from for characters. Maybe even a little bit of accessorizing.
    • Different starter types, or maybe just more. IE. Water, Grass, Fire and Electric. Maybe a couple different ones to choose from from each typing instead of just one (like maybe a choice between Charmander, Tochic, Typhlosion and Chimchar for Fire, etc).
    • An ability to reduce a single weakness on your Pokemon to further tailor them and make them unique (maybe by .5 or a whole 1%). This would be much like AJ and his Sandshrew whom was swimming to reduce his weakness to water.
    • In double battles, be able to combine attacks (either upping the effectiveness of attack - paralyze, burn, freeze, etc - or increasing the strength of an attack) Also be able to use Pokemon to take hits for other Pokemon.
    • Other modes of transportation. Maybe a choice between a bike, skates, skateboard?
    That's all I can think of at the moment, probably more, but it's late at the time of writing and I'm tired XD

Torterra88

Master Of Grass
    Years
  • I'd kinda like a G/S/C remake rather then a gen 5, or at least a return to johto after the elite4.
    But that's off topic so...
    More ghost pokemon. I'd like a ghost/steel and a ghost/dragon (another one, one is not enough, and I know about giratina origin).
    And you can pick one member of your team to come outside of the poke ball and follow you around.
    And dragon/fire. How has that now happened yet? And an evil team which doesn't suck as much as it's name. Team rocket, suckish name=suckish guys.
    Uuuuh, how bout, Omega Death Construct (yes, O.C.D...), coolish name=Scary guys who DON'T train wurmples or suck. Well, ima go do stuff.
    Well, i made a whole new generation and everything of a new pokemon game should have. but i fink that the 5th generation wouldnt refer too G/S games. i might hand my pokemon game work into the pokemon company because i fink its really cool. I have rabbits(Timber, Rabranch and Tyhere) for grass, fox's(Loxy, Loxerupt and Loxicrude) for fire and finally for water, i have a mink, otter and a platupus(Minkove, Ottide and Platunami. These games are called OPAL(Legendary: Dynastine)TOPAZ(Legendary: Hentonova) and my three legendarys like articuno, zapdos and moltres(Icyglide, Electair and Pyrofly). I am still working on my 3rd game for OPAL and TOPAZ. I think its either going to be called AMETHYST, QUARTZ or JADE.

boss jr.

Wii Experience
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    Well, I think it's time to make a game where you can visit all 4 regions and I think Nintendo knows that.

And I think a gen5 is most definitely on the way. They're not done making Pokémon games until they've explored absolutely every single type combination lol.

Water/Fire type FTW!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back