• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i agree we do need a dark type gym leader - would be pretty cool for it to be the hardest gym considering the lack of dark type trainers compared to others in other gens too

Divine~Deoxys

A dark gym would be awesome. It'd put a whole new scope on things in some cases, for example, i never ever have anything that's super-effective on dark, i just never see the point.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I would accually like the rival to have better movesets and learn Past TMs

Lets take sinnoh for an example:

On your third rival battle (Hearthome) you fight your rival if you chose Turtwig your rival would have

Monferno:Flame Wheel,Shadow Claw,Furry Swipes,Taunt

Roselia:Grass Knot,Worry Seed,???,???

Buizel:Aqua Jet,Theif,Swith,Tail Whip

Staravia:Double Team,Hidden Power,Return,Wing Attack

If you chose Chimchar

Prinplup:Stealth Rock,Metal Claw,Bubble Beam,Peck

Roselia:Same as above

Ponyta:Flame Wheel,Tackle,???,???

Staravia:Same as above

Started with Piplup

Grotle:Grass Knot,Stealth Rock,Curse,Tackle

Ponyta:Same as above

Buizel:Same as above

Staravia:same as above

See what Im saying

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yeah, there should definitely be a dark-type gym, it just makes sense since we've never had one before. Also, there should be another dragon gym, but much earlier, bug and rock gyms later, and a steel gym as the 2nd one. I know that sounds strange, but it would work fine if the pokemon were relatively weak. Fire is super-effective, water is neutral, there could be a Mud-slap TM that any common bird can learn, Machop and some other fighters are often found early. When you focus on the types that are found early in the game (Normal, Flying, Bug, Grass/Fire/Water), it's not really that different from having a Rock-type gym early on. Steel's defenses are only over-powered because of its resistances to more "advanced" types, that are found later on in the game (Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, etc.) Anyway, here's what I'd have.

1 - Poison? Haven't had that since Koga.
    2 - Steel
    3 - Ground (None since Giovanni)
    4 - Dragon
    5 - Bug
    6 - Dark
    7 - Rock
    8 - No specific type, but following some kind of theme maybe. A proper challenge is needed for the final gym.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • I really hope that Nintendo uses creativity for the starters of next gen.

Grass, water, fire: To used. Unless nintedo get's some creative side types, no. (I.E. Water-Electric, Grass-Normal, Fire-Dark)
    Dark, Psychic, Fighting: Whoever thought this was good, you were wrong, since Dark has an unfair advantage. No.

Now, what about Rock - Flying - Fighting?

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • How does Dark have an unfair advantage?

For starters, as long as the final stages have dual types that balance them out, I don't care much. In 4th gen, Empoleon is disadvantaged to the other starters...

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • wishlist

My wish List

1. Pokemon should have a few more attributes example how much wins, loses and draws you have with the pokemon. Age? Pokemon should have ages? to see if your pokemon is a Baby or an adult and mid ages get batter stats and once they get older the stats lower and advantages and disadvanges grow, and i know you all would kill me if i say this , but should pokemon die a certen age example, old age, uncurable disease, heart attacks -.-; random thought, feelings towards the trainer feeling towards the trainers can act on themselves. Leaving the trainers or disobeying.

2. They should have all 5 Regions but of caorse having a game card for each region due to memory factor, unless the Japanese can fit all 5 regions into one game card. But having to start your journy in the Kanto the completeing the badges there then traveling to the next region, get badges then go to the league and win etc etc, and of coarse having a storyline at the same time and, example 1st Gneration pokemon appear in Kanto once able to leave the region and youll see new pokemon in the next region, but also seeing a few other pokemon from the 1st example Zubat, Ratata, ETC

3. Team Rockets Jesse, James and Meowth should follow you arround trying to steal your pokemon and sometimes with them succeeding and you have to get them back. just like ash in the anime

4. Making your own Characters and dressing up your pokemon like adding scarfs , hats, fashion styles for contest or in battle etc etc.

5. I wish they had a 6th Game Card that contains your own pokeranch, like prof Oak's Backyard, were pokemon roam, im thinking off Trannsfering your pokemon to the poke ranch and watch your pokemon roam your ranch.

6. The return of all teams. rocket , Aqua, Magma, Galactic, for a free for all war ROFL.

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
    Years
  • For me, well...

1.Stronger trainers

2. Pokemon attributes (Wins, losses) Like the above post

3.Instead of the Pokeseals, you can attach your Pokemon with scarves and what not to give them individuality.

4.Better and more Mature Plot

5.Less Legends! More hard-to-get Pokemon (Like Spiritomb)

6.New Regions (But you can Visit areas of other Regions that have something to do with the storyline.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    I'm pretty sure there are going to be 2 more Eeveelutions: A Flying Eevee, and a Ghost like one. Maybe one made out of Steel.
    I want there to be another Ninjask evolution.

The gyms should go like this:

1. Fire (Now those grass types won't get such a huge advantage.)
    2. Poisen
    3. Dark
    4. Ground
    5. Steel
    6. Ghost
    7. Bug
    8. Normal! (Snorlax, Blissy, and everything else that can annoy you!)

Another cool thing would be the idea said above with the "Free for all." It would be hilarious.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going to cry a lot if the original starter types aren't Grass-Fire-Water. I will bottle my tears and post pictures in my sig, but I highly doubt they will. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Years
  • I'm going to cry a lot if the original starter types aren't Grass-Fire-Water. I will bottle my tears and post pictures in my sig, but I highly doubt they will. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    The only complaint I have with the current triangle is the lack of starter originality, which could possibly be improved if they didn't have to conform to the same 3 types. I mean, 2 Dinosaurs, 3 Lizards, 2 Flightless Birds, 2 Turtles... maybe if there are any new types to balance some types into a decent triangle, then I wouldn't be opposed to it.

One thing I've been thinking is that WE NEED HATRED-BASED EVOLUTIONS. We have Return and Frustration as moves... but only happiness effects evolution? I think it could bring some very interesting alternate evolutions for pokemon that currently evolve with happiness. I mean, Pichu + minimum happiness + 1 level... that'll much more interesting for a generation's Pikachu-clone than a squirrel with yellow cheeks. Then there's Togepi, Budew, Riolu... if they evolve into bright, happy, heroic pokemon when they're happy, it only makes sense that they would evolve into a dark, mean pokemon if they hate their trainer.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The only complaint I have with the current triangle is the lack of starter originality, which could possibly be improved if they didn't have to conform to the same 3 types. I mean, 2 Dinosaurs, 3 Lizards, 2 Flightless Birds, 2 Turtles... maybe if there are any new types to balance some types into a decent triangle, then I wouldn't be opposed to it.

One thing I've been thinking is that WE NEED HATRED-BASED EVOLUTIONS. We have Return and Frustration as moves... but only happiness effects evolution? I think it could bring some very interesting alternate evolutions for pokemon that currently evolve with happiness. I mean, Pichu + minimum happiness + 1 level... that'll much more interesting for a generation's Pikachu-clone than a squirrel with yellow cheeks. Then there's Togepi, Budew, Riolu... if they evolve into bright, happy, heroic pokemon when they're happy, it only makes sense that they would evolve into a dark, mean pokemon if they hate their trainer.

The point of happiness-based evolutions is to encourage you to be kind to your pokemon, teaching kids a valuable lesson about the benefits of kindness.

Anyway, Pokemon gets enough misinformed flak as it is, imagine the cries of "POKEMON PROMOTES ANIMAL ABUSE" if your proposed evolutions were implemented.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    My bet: in 5th gen, much more Pokemons will have form-based power ups. Honestly I bet the Pokemons were supposed to be form-based overall (so a Charizard can be reverted to a Charmander for example), they probably just had creative and technical problems doing it back then, both in Anime, Manga and games. Again, IMO.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I wouldn't like it if they changed the starters from Fire, Grass and Water. I think that even though the game will be completely different, it will still have its three starters of those types and the familiarity will appeal to buyers.
    That's my theory anyway.

My wishlist?

1. For the titles be funky and original. [naturally ^^] with Electric/Dark mascots or something? :) I don't think there's been an electric legendary mascot.
    2. More islands etc. to explore.
    3. Being able to design your own avatar.
    4. Maybe dressing your pokémon. But just in things like hats or scarves or something.
    5. Having companions on your trip? Maybe even being able to control them too?
    6. Being able to set up camp rather than having a secret base. A Collapsible tent maybe? That would be quite cool. But you could only set it up in certain places so it wouldn't be like:

oh no! Electabuzz [random example] fainted!
    *set up tent*
    *heal*
    On your way again.

It's a bit of a lame idea if the game requires travellling from place to place fairly fast, but maybe if there was like a really huge woods or something... 0_0

7. Being able to have short term jobs or something, which would make it easier to make money if you're short of trainers to battle.

These are just some random ideas popping into my head atm. Feel free to comment, but I'm not saying they're good XD

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

i thought there were 2 dinosaurs, 2 lizards, a fish, 2 flightless birds, a mouse, 2 turtles, a monkey, and a leaf-
    or if you wanna get into the other games, 3 cats, 3 mice, a squirrel, my neighbor totoro's mentally handicapped cousin, and a bird- i won't get into PMD cuz i don't feel like typing anymore

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • i thought there were 2 dinosaurs, 2 lizards, a fish, 2 flightless birds, a mouse, 2 turtles, a monkey, and a leaf-
    or if you wanna get into the other games, 3 cats, 3 mice, a squirrel, my neighbor totoro's mentally handicapped cousin, and a bird- i won't get into PMD cuz i don't feel like typing anymore

Well, I think that the starters are Fire, Grass, and Water because those three types are a "strength-weakness triangle" being that all three are weak to another type in the triangle, and stronger than another type in the triangle, so battles with friends will be more exciting, as well as a challenge defeating your rival.

I don't believe there are any other three types that contrast like this... am I wrong?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back