• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The thing I'd like to see most is the end of derivative electric rodent Pokemon. We didn't need Plusle, Minun or Pachirisu and I'm not a big fan of Pichu, either.

Unfortunately this is probably the least likely thing to happen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I like plusle and minun ^^ I even have them in my team in emerald. Anyway for gen 5 I wish that you for once get elemetary Pokémon and a better choice early. I never like how scarce the fire Pokémon in the earlier stages are unless you have it as a starter. I can't even rememeebr if there were in R/B/Y any earlier than the burnt lab. in G/S you would have Vulpix/growlithe only at an early place in emerald you first need the firepath and in diamond Even later if I am not wrong.

PoliStorm

Rage, Fury, Hatred
    Years
    More animation in the sprites. I want to actually see my Pokemon attack, not just seethe sprites move a little.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    the three starters will obviously be fire/grass/water, since that's how it's been in gen 1 AND because each of them are strong against one and weak against the other. though it'd be kind of cool if they switched it up.

i REALLY hope that we'll see more fire-type pokemon.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
    I'd like a Pokemon Colosseum or Stadium style battle, with 3-D animations of the 'mon and their moves. Not sure about the world outside of battles, except that a customisable character would be rather nice.
    Anyway, that's just my strange take on this.
    Thanks,
    ~ Pich_u

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    A few things I think I'd like:-
    - The idea of riding pokemon is interesting. Obviously over land, but implmenting this might also mean we could get away from generic surf sprites.
    -Some form of character customisation. Please. Even if it's the colour of our inevitable headgear.
    -Basic hunger needs for your Pokemon/trainer. It wouldn't have to be integral to the game you could have it as a setting you decide when starting the game. Something along the lines of "Clasic" and "Real" modes?
    - This is just a personal thing but some sort of mini-game when flying? Guiding your pokemon through the clouds(having storm/rain clouds as obstacles) and avoiding other flying Pokemon. Meeting another flying Pokemon could result in a battle and hitting obstacles could knock you off course, like landing just outside the city or in front of a random house.

Just my thoughts/wishes. =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I also always wanted my cahracter to drink the drinks instead of the Pokémon. Also I like if they were pensions /or tent possibility to sleep during the night.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    grass water fire is the best combo.i want a game with all 4 regions!

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Everyone wants a game with all regions, but it is to unrealistic and in a way impossible. Maybe one day it could happen but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    They should really start going back to making pokemon actual animals/things to be honest

obviously there running out of ideas, but they shouldn't start making random pokemon because that isn't what pokemon is :(

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    They should really start going back to making pokemon actual animals/things to be honest

obviously there running out of ideas, but they shouldn't start making random pokemon because that isn't what pokemon is :(

Actually Nintendo is only making Pokemon form living things, they are also basing Pokemon from beings and animals form mythology as well

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

You really should start reading bulbapedia. Seriously, think about what you have just said... (and by the way, there are tons of living creatures out there and relvant inanimate objects to create a pokemon, do you think 493 species is equivalent to our world's species which has over what 100k?)

Hmmmmmm.......... I don't expect more pass evolution for pokemon except for a select few like kangaskhan (what does a kangaskhan looks like when it is young?), this is because sinnoh's theme was linked to evolution. I do hope that they will introduce new battle systems.

Last edited:

loucas

100% hot
    Years
    more explorable region.. a partner pokemon trainer by your side, the flying contest thing with birds and rings thing. afterstory, at the end of elite four.. many more main characters that may be have different storyline and is usable, something like that..

and yeah i agree with the basic needs thing.. the riding a pokemon thing, the new battle system, a real time one. or also pokemons at the wild should also be real time, seeing raikou when you enter a certain area walking around is surely shocking, but that would be out of the classic "patch of grass" so no to pokemon at wild being realtime

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Different Egg Sprites for every species/family or even type.Tired of green spots on off white shell.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhhh....yeah, being able to control ur poke while flying (or having an animation where u see ur character flying on the poke through the region)
    Different types of starters (never gonna happen, is it?)
    Instead of having roaming pokemon, you hop on ur bird poke and chase them (or for like Suicune, chase them on a surfing poke), until they get tired/angry, then battle them.
    Just a team like team rocket, not too major to the plot.
    No new legendaries!!!
    2 full regions in a game. all is impossible, even all ones from the handheld main series, but two full ones should be good.

PokeBug

Aaron's Apprentice
    Years
    More battle animation. I want the sprites to move in battle. Like for Mach Punch, I want to be able to see my Pokemon getting ready to punch and actually punch. The opponent Pokemon should also have animations of them flinching because of attacks and stuff. (New moves would be nice, too)

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    A Grass/Steel type is one I have been thinking about a lot recently, as they cover each others weaknesses remarkably well.

PURPLE = Immunity
    GREEN = Covered Weakness
    BLUE = Uncovered weakness
    RED = Shared Weakness

GRASS WEAKNESS
    ~Bug -> Steel Resists.
    ~Fire -> Steel is weak to. (4x weakness)
    ~Flying -> Steel Resists.
    ~Ice -> Steel Resists
    ~Poison -> Steel is Immune.
    STEEL WEAKNESS
    ~Fighting -> Uncovered.
    ~Fire -> Grass is weak to. (4x weakness)
    ~Grass -> Grass Resists.

There would only be two weaknesses, a 4x weakness to Fire and a 2x weakness to Fighting. Due to this it would make for a great defensive pokemon, as Fire isn't a super common offensive type, Fighting is a problem though, so high physical defense would be necessary. This typing has the same amount and type of weaknesses as Dragon/Flying. (4x weakness to Ice and a 2x weakness to Dragon.) In this regard, it is far better typing, because of a resistance to Stealth Rock and immunity to Sandstorm, and its weaknesses are far less common attack types.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Grass/Rock combines well too, despite both having an absurd amount of weaknesses. We have Cradily, but he's only available once, and IMO kinda ugly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back