• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Alright, now that I'm all in the speculation again I'm starting to get really excited again (but I really miss PokePartners :( ) MAYBE they have not shown a Pokemon following you because to do so they would have to reveal a new Pokemon... I'm sure that they only show screenies in the early towns and it would only be with early caught Pokemon or starter.

i'm just thinking they didn't animate them yet... i REALLY want them back plz?
    as for me, i can't wait... well i can, BUT IT WON'T BE EASY!
    i'm loving the city though

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    They DID change Joy, and I like how PokeBeach made better close-ups of the scans! Now I've seen the female player better, I take back what I said. This is another Mawn. But I'm thinking she might have an edge over them, also I'm sticking with my PokeAthlete notion though, I think contests are now scrapped :( Unless they'll be 2 female counterparts, or Dawn might stay.

Also, on TDNForums, someone said Pokemon Granite and Quartz would sound better. I agree, it beats my idea of Obsidian and Quartz, Granite sounds much better. Or Granite could be the third instalment to Obsidian and Quartz, looks a bit more Grey than Black.
    Quartz just sounds awesome.

Also, I think the new region should between Sinnoh and Kanto not Hoenn and Johto. That way it has more space.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Looks like the overworld sprites are larger. Lovely! And the Poké Marts are inside the Pokémon Centres now. One stop shopping/healing, anyone?

We get full body back sprites now? Yes! I've been waiting for this. Speaking of which, could this mean full body trainer back sprites? I hope so.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The cycling road is a rip from Sinnoh, woopy doo. Even the Cyclers are the same, you can see one in the scan.

Edit: Oh goodness, what's that on the right of the Guy's jacket? Better not be a scarf, I'm tired of those now. It could be his bag or the new Poke Gadget.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I'd like the new region to be located far from the existing ones, with a large change in culture (I think the American styled city sort of shows this).
    Also, I don't wanna see Professor Oak in this one.

also, I feel the need to do art of the protagonists.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I'm SOOO glad this is coming out for the DS. This is the first time 2 generations of pokemon come out for the same console, this shows how successful the DS is. 8-)

Anyways, those screenies look so BADASS (pardon my language).

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I'd like the new region to be located far from the existing ones, with a large change in culture (I think the American styled city sort of shows this).
    Also, I don't wanna see Professor Oak in this one.

I second that...I'm tired of that old man now..i know he's the best professor and things like that but he has made toooo many appearances now..

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I'm really liking the city pictures. It's much more realistic. Also I wonder if we can change the camera angles, because it looks like the cave and hometown are at different angles than the city and the PokeCenter.

The battle scene looks awesome, too. It's nice to see the whole back of the sprite instead of just the back of their head. And since this is supposed to "revolutionize" the Pokemon games, I'm hoping we'll get more frames of animation.

As for the Pokemon following you around, I hope this is going to be an option. The only problem I have with it is that it takes longer to heal your Pokemon because you have to wait for it to jump on the counter and go into its Pokeball, and I'm too impatient for that.

Riverwind

The Fire Within
    Years
    Is it me or is the Pokemon game series (not anime) geared more toward older gamers?
    Like for example Zoroark seems more for a mature gamer than Pikachu or a Squirtle.

I believe Pokemon is maturing.....

Oh yeah, I want a Pokemon which you can actually see it's body when you surf, not some mysterious black thing with fins XD. We need real sprites

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Anyone else a bit disappointed about not seeing a Pokemon following you around? Could have a feature to turn it off obviously or they don't want to ruin the surprise.

I hope that feature remains though. It was pretty cool to have in HGSS.

Mujahid

Years
    well the girl is pretty clear and won't be that hard to draw....I still can't figure out the guy...we need more clearer pics of the guy

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I Think that's a cycling road...not a lorrie

dark pulse ?? that kinda bugs me ..as much as i remember isn't there supposed to be a wave like thing and a greyish background for DP ?? Ah well ..maybe an animation change
    Noooooo! Im talking about this:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Im pretty sure thats not a bike -.-"

Mujahid

Years
    OH...sorry,, my bad.:(
    anyways that's a red truck..it'll be interesting if it's the new transport they're talking about

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    YES! finally a full city! i just want my partner pokemon back :(
    i hope they release some more info on pokemon sunday

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back