• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Even though I really don't think it's possible, it looks like either a Mewthree or an evolution to Hypno. I don't want neither.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I agree with the shape looking like a Sandslash evo, but this is supposed to be "Z", which means it can transform itself (possibly, as we have seen from the movie screenshots, into Ash). What pokemon do we have currently that could evolve into something that could do that? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I think if it is Z, it's a completely new pokemon.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Well its not proven that the alternate Ash is Z, although it is likely. If it IS in fact the alternate Ash, then it will definitely be a new Pokemon, possibly a legendary. But this movie is mostly supposed to be about Celebi and the Legendary Beasts I assume, so Z may not have a role worthy of a legend.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Im thinkin if it can transform could it be a ditto evo (i dnt think so though).

☆DiaIsDia☆

.:Cradle Shock:.
    Years
  • For 5th Gen, I'd like to see more unique starters. Maybe a Kangaroo. And cooler looking Playable Characters.
    I'd like them to remake RSE with the Battle Frontier [Hoenn] returning.
    A remake of Kanto would be nice but not really needed cuz it's overused.
    But what I'd really like to see is moar EEVEELUTIONS!!! X3

Years
  • For 5th Gen, I'd like to see more unique starters. Maybe a Kangaroo. And cooler looking Playable Characters.
    I'd like them to remake RSE with the Battle Frontier [Hoenn] returning.
    A remake of Kanto would be nice but not really needed cuz it's overused.
    But what I'd really like to see is moar EEVEELUTIONS!!! X3

Umm there is technically a remake of Kanto in HGSS...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Honestly to me looks like a lucario evo. Since it is one of the most "popular" pokemon that isn't a legend its more then likley a lucario evo. The body is the same figure as lucario same with the feet, the one arm that shows and the head. The hair will probably throw some people off and think its like a zigzagoon evo or something. It's either a Lucario evo or a completley new pokemon. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think the reason you just stated is exactly why it wouldn't be a Lucario evolution. Lucario is already so powerful and so popular that there is no need to give it a new evolution. Why take a pokemon that's generally loved and change it? In other words, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The more I think about it the more I think it is just a new pokemon all together but if it is an evolution I really hope it's to something like Sandsash or Zangoose. Relatively forgotten pokemon that need a new lease on life.

¡Laxbe!'s ideas about the opposite to Arceus is cool, though it doesn't have that same "All powerful" feel to it, probably cause of it being humanoid. Though if you showed me a silhouette of Arceus and I had never seen an Arceus before I probably would have though it was som Stantler evolution or something :P Definately like that idea.

Also I think later I'm going to try and make a list of animals that haven't been created into pokemon thus far. Anyone care to help?

Years
  • Pokebeach is making me think Mightyena. According to wikipedia werewolves do shape-shift according to some legends. This makes Mightyena my #1 choice for an evo. I personally think this guy is something completely different though. I feel like it's reddish-orange for some reason...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Pokebeach is making me think Mightyena. According to wikipedia werewolves do shape-shift according to some legends. This makes Mightyena my #1 choice for an evo. I personally think this guy is something completely different though. I feel like it's reddish-orange for some reason...

Can't say I knew that about Werewolves. 0.0 Cool theory!!
    (Also the test in your sig is nuts!!)

Okay so correct me if I'm wrong but animals/plants/objects/mythological creature that haven't been developed into pokemon/could be made again. (And I know I'll screw up on this.)

1) Bears in general. I know there is Teddiursa and Ursaring. But that doesn't cover Koala Bears, Panda Bears, Polar Bears etc.
    2) Dolphin. Kyogre is an orcha but that's the closest it gets.
    3) Many other marine life. There's really too many to name them all. The possibilities are endless.
    4) Griffin/winged beast. There are major possibilites with this.
    5) Squirrel. It's been touched on with many pokemon drawing similarites but nothing's been a true blue squirrel.
    6) Beaver. It'd be easy to make a beaver pokemon with no relation to Bidoof or Bibarel
    7) Otter. Same as above. Could make an otter pokemon that looks nothing like Buizel of Floatzel.
    8) Parrots, Puffins and Peacocks. (Alliteration unitentional :P) There are many birds that haven't really been recreated in the pokemon world. Chatot is the closest to a Parrot and is isn't really...

Just a little list. I know the possibilities really are endless (and that things can be re-done and don't have to be based on animals) but those are just some things I thought could be developed into awesome pokemon and are relatively original. I didn't even delve into mixes, don't want to make it too complicated. :P Anyone care to add any more?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    It looks a lot familiar...
    Yep, Omega-Xis from Megaman StarForce
    360782-300px_omega_xis_large.jpg

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Man i'm defenetly gonna watch the movie when its out, it looks like statisticly if you look at the other d/p movies, it'll probably be out in english in february next year

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokebeach is making me think Mightyena. According to wikipedia werewolves do shape-shift according to some legends. This makes Mightyena my #1 choice for an evo. I personally think this guy is something completely different though. I feel like it's reddish-orange for some reason...

Omg, I totally thought of the Werewolf thing first, proof a few posts back. and I had no clue why Mightyena is randomly in that advertisment either among all of the stars of the film... Im certainly on the Mightyena Evo bandwagon... if we think about it, its quite common for the first pokemon of new generations to be those related to previous pokemon being an evo or pre evo.

Secondly, it would make a lot of sense too. In many cultures, especially Native American cultures, Werewolves are looked upon as shapeshifters. Also, Mightyena is a Dark type already. Its a perfect set up. Just watch Harry Potter or Twighlight. If you look at the pokemons body structure, it looks a lot like a biped Werewolf. Pokebeach stole my idea! ): haha

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • a2tyy0.jpg
    This image seems to suggest that this will be like a crystal remake or something, which is rather dissapointing. this image comes from corocoro

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I say it's a lucario evo, it has the same body structure, and a pokemon holding a main roll in a movie must be imo a pokemon with a certain importance from previous events otherwise a completely new pokemon as Lucario has starred in a movie before give it some spot light and would be more likely to be given the spotlight in the future rather than a pokemon like mightyena or pachirisu.. But why the letter z? What way should z really Stand for???

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • Silhouette! Hom mah god!
    announcement.jpg

The legs look a little like sableye, that could either be a pony tail or some sort of claw...

either way, it looks epic!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Starting to jump on the Mightyena bandwagon as well... I just can't make up my mind. :P

a2tyy0.jpg
    This image seems to suggest that this will be like a crystal remake or something, which is rather dissapointing. this image comes from corocoro

I don't think so, it just seems to be showing every pokemon game released (in the main series) over the years including the year it came out. I can't read Japanese but it almost seems like a, "2009 brought us Platinum, what does 2010 have in store!?"
    It does only have one game title but why would they release a new pokemon for a second gen re-make?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Gen 2 was on the gameboy colour... did not work for the gameboy. Gameboy and gameboy colour are two compelatly different consoles...

Wrong. Only Crystal required a Game Boy Color. Gold and Silver could be played on Game Boy Pocket too, for example.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I don't think so, it just seems to be showing every pokemon game released (in the main series) over the years including the year it came out. I can't read Japanese but it almost seems like a, "2009 brought us Platinum, what does 2010 have in store!?"
    It does only have one game title but why would they release a new pokemon for a second gen re-make?
    Yeah... i just thought it was a bit weird

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back