• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
  • What about RubyVolcano and SapphireOcean? I mean, it doesn't quite fit the FRLG/HGSS name pattern but it kinda sounds better...

I like the name Silk but Oil... even though it IS sought after... I just don't find "oil" in itself too appealing...

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • I don't imagine these remakes with Kyogre and Groudon as the mascots, but Swampert and Blaziken instead. But that's a loooooong story, I'll leave it for another day.

Now, back to Z. Here are some possible pre-evolutions:
    Spoiler:
    And these are not that likely, but as people mentioned.. here they are:
    Spoiler:
    Now, let's compare.

Last edited:

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Any one else seriously laughing at the joke that is Serebii's news update?

It wasnt even up at 1am GMT, lists it at 23:24PM GMT, the exact minute it was revealed. Get off your high horse Serebii, why the need to lie?

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • Any one else seriously laughing at the joke that is Serebii's news update?

It wasnt even up at 1am GMT, lists it at 23:24PM GMT, the exact minute it was revealed. Get off your high horse Serebii, why the need to lie?
    SPP is not the same. When Munchlax was revealed, it was first shown there, Serebii.net was worthy of trust. Then, it was the first site I checked for Pokénews everyday. Nowadays it's the third.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Reppamon.jpg

It could be a Reppamon evolution!

lol.

Seriously, it better not be a stupid Fire/Fight, we have enough of those gamefreak, kthx.

I would enjoy a Floatzel evo though. Although tbh, I was hoping the first new pokemon would be a Dunsparce evo. Q_Q

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Any one else seriously laughing at the joke that is Serebii's news update?

No. I've had interaction with Serebii before and he's a hard-working guy. There's no reason to assume he wasn't on the ready.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Looking forward to what they make together. Like maybe a fire/water type. Maybe they can evolve Pachirisu into an Electric Flying Squirrel!

Look forward to see what crazy things they come up with. And hopefully a game that can take you to all parts of the pokemon world.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Has NO one noticed that this pokemon is nicknamed Z??? Shall we consider Pokemon that start with the letter Z... have some fur, claws, and a tail... ZANGOOSE!! I mean come on people, its totally a Zangoose evolution!

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Well evolutions are never identical but slightly bigger than pre-evos, look at Shroomish and Breloom. Zangoose is the Cat Ferret pokemon, that possibly evolves into... a Normal-Fighting Kitsune?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Highly doubt it, it has a more chance of being a Ninetails evolution than Zangoose.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • A) They better not make a Zangoose Evo, or I have to kill everyone who works at nintendo/gamefreak, srsly, Zangoose is good enough as is, and it means that they have to make a Seviper evo, and thats too predictable.

B) This is what I think the new one will look like.

C) I just want to know what the heck it looks like!!!!

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Highly doubt it, it has a more chance of being a Ninetails evolution than Zangoose.

It being a Ninetales evolution actually makes less sense. Ninetales has a BST (Base Stat Total) of 505. Thats pretty high for an evolution. The highest ever was 515, Porygon2, and when he evolved it only went up by 20 to 535. If it is a Ninetales evolution, it porbably won't be huge. It would also have to have 2 items to evolve, seeing how Vulpix and Ninetales are Fire Stone evolvers. Porygon2 and Z are actually the only Pokemon to ever have that (fun facts). So, its possible, but Zangoose is more likely for reasons of item, BST (his is 458, just right), and the timing is better, after all the new evolutions from RBY in 4th gen, they may find it necessary to use more from 3rd. But thats just speculation. And an obvious point, Z has one tail. Thats just a giant leap backwards...

Mightyena is possible, he has good BST and evolved early, with no items. But the body shape isnt really that of a Hyena, even though thats a blurred line. He's definitely my second choice if Z is an evolution.

Absol is also a good choice, medium BST, and the body shape is ok. Its not as feral looking as Z, but the possibility is medium. This is more me not having a good feeling about it, but I could definitely be wrong.

Skuntank... just no. I dont feel like putting a reason... just no.

Lucario is a giant NO!! Its already SUPER powerful, with a BST of 525, and powerful moves. He's already featured as a main character in the movies, was already SUPER hyped, he's in SSBB for gods sakes! If its Lucario I quit playing Pokemon.

Weavile is similar to Lucario with it being powerful already. It evolved with an item, so it would have to double evolve, it will have evolutions spanning 5 gens, similar to Magmortar and Electivire, but I dont think it will happen.

Floatzel, Im not sure about it, Z doesnt follow the common swirl tail pattern, or look buoyant in any possible way. But stats wise that could work, as well as item.

Pachirisu, I cant see that transitioning between the two...

Thats if it evolves :P

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Honestly to me looks like a lucario evo. Since it is one of the most "popular" pokemon that isn't a legend its more then likley a lucario evo. The body is the same figure as lucario same with the feet, the one arm that shows and the head. The hair will probably throw some people off and think its like a zigzagoon evo or something. It's either a Lucario evo or a completley new pokemon. We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back