• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]Who are those weird people wearing capes (picture 8), are they the new evil team (another fashion disater) or they the dragon tamer sprites... my money is on the evil team. [/FONT]

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    [FONT=&quot]Who are those weird people wearing capes (picture 8), are they the new evil team (another fashion disater) or they the dragon tamer sprites... my money is on the evil team.

that's what i was wondering- in the end i just guessed that they were random crack-heads
    [/FONT]

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    [FONT=&quot]Ha:P, i agree they do look like crack heads, if they are the evil team then we have a worser fashion disaster than team Galactic, my favorite team (fashion wise) was Aqua

there was someone in th background by the dock who sort of resembles a team aqua member- my guess is even if it's not team aqua, that person was a grunt
    [/FONT]

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years

Extremely bad idea, it would make it incredibly hard to fill the Pokedex, seeing as their are about over a Billion people on this planet and nobody would want to trade a Legendary, it would take years to trade it round the whole planet if people were to comply. Saying that is like saying their should only be one like, Bible yet theirs thousands of it, want any more examples?

Hm. I can see the comparison that you draw- but I don't think it's a very good one, since Pokémon and the Bible aren't exactly the same thing. Apples and oranges, mate.

Of course it would make it impossible for everyone to fill their Pokédex completely, but I'd argue that that would make it a much more immersive experience. Way things are now, the Legendaries are little more than regular Pokémon that just happen to be a lot more annoying to catch. Already there's a number of Legends that tons of people miss out on, since they're event-only or through cheats- but that doesn't seem to bum people out too much.

What I'm saying is that the Legendaries should actually be something worth catching. It'll definitely boost the competition for catching them up a thousandfold- and whoever does eventually get it will be rewarded with an actual sense of accomplishment, rather than- ''Oh, I caught him- yay... Now what?''

While I understand your point, I really hate the idea. For one thing, it wouldn't really work. With all the hacking, there would still be tons of legendaries out there- fake, yes, but still present. And as a more personal thing which I am sure I am not alone in, there would almost no way for me to ever see one- I don't have wi-fi, and trying to find someone irl to trade with would be awkward and nearly impossible. One more thing, I thought, correct me if I'm wrong, that the anime/ manga (?) kind of says that there are many of each legendary- you were just lucky if you even saw one. <-- I think I read that somewhere, but don't take my word for it.

Besides, if people just stopped cheating, legendaries would become more legendary.

(Sorry if that was really mean; I don't know why I care so much, but I do. :))

Haha- never said it was perfect.

Anyways- yes- there are a number of Legendaries with actual populations- so I suppose I digress, and keep those ones the way the are.

But with the ones in which there's only supposed to be a single one of them in existence, I think the proposed system above would make them that much more special. Although having only one available in the entire world would just suck massively- I think severely limiting their numbers would be kinda cool. That way we can avoid tournaments with Rayquazas and Dialgas on every second team.

Last edited:

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    I'm sure it's the new evil team, the guys in #8. Although from what I see, it saddens me that right after bringing it back, Pokemon won't be following you any more. :(

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I'm sure it's the new evil team, the guys in #8. Although from what I see, it saddens me that right after bringing it back, Pokemon won't be following you any more. :(

well i'm sure they will, they just don't want to show anything right away- new pokemon- but i do swear i see a pokemon in picture 8 on serebii (next to the PC)
    it sort of looks like a snake

Years
    well i'm sure they will, they just don't want to show anything right away- new pokemon- but i do swear i see a pokemon in picture 8 on serebii (next to the PC)
    it sort of looks like a snake
    it looks kind of like a firehydrate when you look at it from pic 9 but it does look snake like in pic 8...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Looks like a subway tunnel in picture 7 to the right... that would be awesome.

Years
    Looks like a subway tunnel in picture 7 to the right... that would be awesome.
    New trasportation (perhaps):P, it'll probably take you to diffrent parts of the city faster. It looks like you can actually enter it too. What other types of towns and cities do you think we are going to see in the upcoming months (5 more months if it comes out in september like the past games have), I hope this isn't the biggest city, I want to see a bigger one with more people in the streets, a brand new game corner like atraction, the return of battle tent's like in pokemon Emerald,and has the new Poketholean in it, with all those attaction it will become my favorite city in the whole region.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    New trasportation (perhaps):P, it'll probably take you to diffrent parts of the city faster. It looks like you can actually enter it too. What other types of towns and cities do you think we are going to see in the upcoming months (5 more months if it comes out in september like the past games have), I hope this isn't the biggest city, I want to see a bigger one with more people in the streets, a brand new game corner like atraction, the return of battle tent's like in pokemon Emerald,and has the new Poketholean in it, with all those attaction it will become my favorite city in the whole region.

A subway would be very cool. Kinda like the Magnet Train but expanded. Without that idea in mind though, I thought for sure it was simply the entrance to the city/area. :P

Years
    About the snake-like pokemon.
    COME ON.
    It looks nothing like a pokemon.
    It could just be a pile of rubble or junk, etc.
    true but it did look wavy, I do think it's a fire hydrate or something not important like a small statue or a piece of trash.

A subway would be very cool. Kinda like the Magnet Train but expanded. Without that idea in mind though, I thought for sure it was simply the entrance to the city/area. :P
    when I wrote it down I was thinking of the Magnet train too, I would like to to see another train that takes you to a far off island(that's part of the new region) and you see a cool building or has rare pokemon,ect. I just want a new train,wait, I want to be able to battle people on the train,like in the SS. Aqua, with a room of your own on the train where you can heal your pokemon.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    true but it did look wavy, I do think it's a fire hydrate or something not important like a small statue or a piece of trash.

when I wrote it down I was thinking of the Magnet train too, I would like to to see another train that takes you to a far off island(that's part of the new region) and you see a cool building or has rare pokemon,ect. I just want a new train,wait, I want to be able to battle people on the train,like in the SS. Aqua, with a room of your own on the train where you can heal your pokemon.

Had the same two posts quoted and was about to say the exact same thing so I'll just do this instead. :P

Besides the saddness of not having pokemon follow you, I freaking love the billboard!! Even if it's just Pikachu. :(

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Seen the gameplay, knew it, the camera rotates.
    also, i think that's a big TV screen, not a billboard.
    Alright, So judging by how the camera rotates I imagine that we know how the character gets down that diagonal set of stairs.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Ehh....so I guess the city is a port, huh....that explains the roundness XD
    hmmm.... it looks like an island to me. they gone on for quite awhile through the video, i swear they go through atleast 3/4 of it. so mayb its like a square thats surounded by water.
    it would be cool to go to the subway, and there are a number of differant lines u can go on, which takes u to differant places.
    mayb even hav a timetable for the trains, and a number of stops. so depending on the number of trainers u beat on the train, is what number the stop u can get off at.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    hmmm.... it looks like an island to me. they gone on for quite awhile through the video, i swear they go through atleast 3/4 of it. so mayb its like a square thats surounded by water.
    it would be cool to go to the subway, and there are a number of differant lines u can go on, which takes u to differant places.
    mayb even hav a timetable for the trains, and a number of stops. so depending on the number of trainers u beat on the train, is what number the stop u can get off at.

To me the city looks circular with land north of it. If you look closely at the video (or this screen https://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday3.jpg ) you can see a map. It's round and has pier type things coming off of it. Above the city looks green, so possibly land. I've got a feeling the dark green dot is the current location of the player too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back