• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    To me the city looks circular with land north of it. If you look closely at the video (or this screen https://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday3.jpg ) you can see a map. It's round and has pier type things coming off of it. Above the city looks green, so possibly land. I've got a feeling the dark green dot is the current location of the player too.

I'd say you're right. Sure seems to make sense. Definitely seems to be a pier like area and the dot makes sense as it's situated right around the area you would be (east exit/entrance.) Makes me wonder what exactly those white dots represent? Maybe places you can take a boat somewhere?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Ooh, the town looks pretty good :D
    The music sounds... DPPt-ish from what I've heard so far :/
    Tha's ok I guess.

Do you think there will be HGSS styled, DPPt styled, or a new style? it would be kinda stupid if not the latter...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Ooh, the town looks pretty good :D
    The music sounds... DPPt-ish from what I've heard so far :/
    Tha's ok I guess.

Do you think there will be HGSS styled, DPPt styled, or a new style? it would be kinda stupid if not the latter...

The music sounds Jazzy to me, and if that's the case, it's more Colosseum styled than any of the handhelds.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

The music sounds Jazzy to me, and if that's the case, it's more Colosseum styled than any of the handhelds.

i actually didn't hear the music at first- i went back to listen and... it sounds pretty good :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I thought I was the only one who got a Jazz vibe from the city... it didn't suit it if you ask me. Cities like that need upbeat music, not super boredom time music.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I can probably confirm from what I've seen that the new way of transportation is via train. You can clearly see the character come out of some kind of entrance. I think the trains will allow you to go to bigger cities, like the one in the footage and the one in the first pictures. When you can use Fly you will probably be able to go to all cities/towns/islands.

Just what I think.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I can probably confirm from what I've seen that the new way of transportation is via train. You can clearly see the character come out of some kind of entrance. I think the trains will allow you to go to bigger cities, like the one in the footage and the one in the first pictures. When you can use Fly you will probably be able to go to all cities/towns/islands.

Just what I think.

They've already done a train though. Maybe they'll have a subway system now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    They've already done a train though. Maybe they'll have a subway system now.

That would be cool. I would like a more urban setting.
    Forget taking route XYZ

Take the 4 train from point A to point B.
    Love it

Probably not going to happen, but that's why it's a speculation thread..

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    I personally think they should have airplanes. Or hot air balloons. Or just something that when I'm riding it I can see the sky. Maybe a UFO?
    There are tons of transportation devices they could use, The ones I said, albeit highly unlikely, a submarine, maybe a bus? It's similar to the train, but it doesn't have an exact set course? It could go to more than two places. Or, a subway system would work the same as the bus, I think? I dunno, maybe it'd be a glorified train.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    I personally think they should have airplanes. Or hot air balloons. Or just something that when I'm riding it I can see the sky. Maybe a UFO?
    There are tons of transportation devices they could use, The ones I said, albeit highly unlikely, a submarine, maybe a bus? It's similar to the train, but it doesn't have an exact set course? It could go to more than two places. Or, a subway system would work the same as the bus, I think? I dunno, maybe it'd be a glorified train.
    idk how theyd put something that you dont know in the game to fly in. you have to know what it is to fly in it. UFO stands for unidentified flying object. if you cant distinguish a bird from a plane it is unidentified and it is flying so its a UFO. UFO doesn't mean alien flying saucer.

and the reason they are putting more vehicles in the game is to make it more realistic. putting in nonproven flying alien machines defeats the purpose.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2010
    For the sake of it, that

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
    It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

an evolved delibird would be pretty sweet!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I wonder who the stat trainers'll be in this game.
    D/P/Pt had Cheryl, Riley, Buck and the two others which I've forgotten, so who'll be in this game for you to team up with.

Since Riley was based on a Lucario, I bet we'll see a trainer based on Zoroark.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wonder who the stat trainers'll be in this game.
    D/P/Pt had Cheryl, Riley, Buck and the two others which I've forgotten, so who'll be in this game for you to team up with.

Since Riley was based on a Lucario, I bet we'll see a trainer based on Zoroark.
    [FONT=&quot]Who gives you a zorua egg:P, I wish the first gym was electric, so that it would make picking fire a better choice, instead of water, but grass would still be preffered though[/FONT]

Years
    I hope the watery sea routes ALL have grass patches as well.
    So I can save my game and not worry about running into a
    Tentacool or Wingull when I load 'er up again.

I'm looking forward to 'human' character art.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    [FONT=&quot]Who gives you a zorua egg:P, I wish the first gym was electric, so that it would make picking fire a better choice, instead of water, but grass would still be preffered though[/FONT]

I think it'd be cool to have an ice gym first. Pretty much would make fire the only good starting choice for an easy gym battle. Which has never happened.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think it'd be cool to have an ice gym first. Pretty much would make fire the only good starting choice for an easy gym battle. Which has never happened.
    [FONT=&quot]That's a better choice, but water still has an advantage over ice,as it's not super effective against it...but it would make fire a better choice.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New topic: What types of Gym leaders do you want, in both element type and Look wise, like Koga and Janine=ninja, Lt Surge= ex army general, and the Tate and Lize= identical twins,ect.[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back