• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I agree, and the fact that five were event only did not make things easier. One thing I liked about Platinum was they gave us a little story, but I'd like to hear all the legends explained

I'd also like to see how they work around that. with Arceus and all
    I have a theory that Arceus created Regigas as it's based on a golem a servent of god and angels,ect. and he also created the Weather trio, but that's just theory. I hope these legends have as good a backstory as The weather trio did in Emerald, or maybe that of HO-oh and Lugia, the past legendaries did have better stories behind them [FONT=&quot]didn't they [/FONT]

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    I have a theory that Arceus created Regigas as it's based on a golem a servent of god and angels,ect. and he also created the Weather trio, but that's just theory. I hope these legends have as good a backstory as The weather trio did in Emerald, or maybe that of HO-oh and Lugia, the past legendaries did have better stories behind them [FONT=&quot]didn't they [/FONT]

Agree, they were better explained. I wonder where Mew fits in this convoluted mess, the pokedex entries state that it has DNA contains genes from every pokemon species.

As far as the number of legendaries, less is more.

Years
    Agree, they were better explained. I wonder where Mew fits in this convoluted mess, the pokedex entries state that it has DNA contains genes from every pokemon species.

As far as the number of legendaries, less is more.
    mew I think was created as a Adam and or eve, it's the life form from which all life evolved from (slow evolution not the metamorphic one) the original ancestor to all the non legendary pokemon and a few legendaries. What type do you want the number of legends to be I want 8 A Psychic, Dark, bug, Fighting, Rock, Electric,Fire,and finally Grass (no more Water). six of them form two trios, the other 2 form a duo who are also event only pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    mew I think was created as a Adam and or eve, it's the life form from which all life evolved from (slow evolution not the metamorphic one) the original ancestor to all the non legendary pokemon and a few legendaries. What type do you want the number of legends to be I want 8 A Psychic, Dark, bug, Fighting, Rock, Electric,Fire,and finally Grass (no more Water). six of them form two trios, the other 2 form a duo who are also event only pokemon.

but.. that contradicts the pokedex entries on Arceus

I would like the cover legends 2-3 a trio, and maybe an event pokemon or two. No more than eight. Those types you mentioned sound good, maybe a unique combo like Dark-Electric, Fire-Water, Grass-Ghost ec.

Years
    but.. that contradicts the pokedex entries on Arceus

I would like the cover legends 2-3 a trio, and maybe an event pokemon or two. No more than eight. Those types you mentioned sound good, maybe a unique combo like Dark-Electric, Fire-Water, Grass-Ghost ec.
    i forgot to give them duel types Psychic/Ghost, Dark/Fire,Bug/Electric,Rock/Fight, Electric/ground, Fire/Dragon, and finally Grass/Dragon. Oh and I meant that Arceus created Mew, so that it could go ahead and fill the Pokemon world.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    i forgot to give them duel types Psychic/Ghost, Dark/Fire,Bug/Electric,Rock/Fight, Electric/ground, Fire/Dragon, and finally Grass/Dragon. Oh and I meant that Arceus created Mew, so that it could go ahead and fill the Pokemon world.

I guess that works. Its pokemon after all

I'm actually suprised they haven't introduced elemental dragons but I guess they want to keep the number down. Although some pokemon are thrown in with the dragons even though they're not. Charizard, Garaydos etc.

Years
    I guess that works. Its pokemon after all

I'm actually suprised they haven't introduced elemental dragons but I guess they want to keep the number down. Although some pokemon are thrown in with the dragons even though they're not. Charizard, Garaydos etc.
    true, i barely realized that, we only have Dragon/Water as a elemental.So what animals do you want the legendaries to be based on, I want by elemental order a Ghoul,Fox,Firefly,Giant Panda (forgot this one is Fight/Grass), a tiger,giant Squirrel,Western Dragon,Eastern Dragon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    true, i barely realized that we only have Dragon/Water.So what animals do you want the legendaries to be based on, I want by elemental order a Ghoul,Fox,Firefly,Giant Panda (forgot this one is Fight/Grass), a tiger,giant Squirrel,Western Dragon,Eastern Dragon

A Thylacine( similar to ,but more canine than a Tiger), Dolphin/Orca, Condor, Army/Fire ant, and mythological creatures work.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    *First post poat from my new iPod! Haha, I would love it if there was a dark type black panther, with the first stage being a black cat similar to meowth.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    clearly, that's why I mentioned them. /sarcasm

Or is it that I was being too specific for you to follow?
    since when did we have a fire ant pokemon? anyhow, they need ALOT more fire pokemon in general. 4th gen only had 5, which includes the starter. i remember in pearl the only fire pokemon u could get b4 the elite 4 was ponyta, which i aint too fond of.
    They also need more fire type mixes. we've only had flying, ground/rock, dark and steel. WHY. fire could be alot cooler if it wasnt mixed with so many hard types like rock. if water can be mixed with 14 other types, why not fire type?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    since when did we have a fire ant pokemon? anyhow, they need ALOT more fire pokemon in general. 4th gen only had 5, which includes the starter. i remember in pearl the only fire pokemon u could get b4 the elite 4 was ponyta, which i aint too fond of.
    They also need more fire type mixes. we've only had flying, ground/rock, dark and steel. WHY. fire could be alot cooler if it wasnt mixed with so many hard types like rock. if water can be mixed with 14 other types, why not fire type?

I was being sarcastic towards Nintengod's ignorant post. Sorry if you took it out of context.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    The 3d movement looks alright already, but I hope they brush up the tiles a bit, Ie the mountains to look less square edheg.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    To the people complaining about the sprite quality, you do know that the camera's zoomed out alot on that footage right? from the close up screen shots on the official site the sprites look very good quality to me. Or are you talking about the battle sprites( in which the only problem I see is that they need a little more work on the shading, that's all.)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back