• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Why do you want copies of pkmn that exist already? There's 1 of each of those and 50+ mythical creatures.

LOLOLOLROFL. I'd liek you to find me an example of any one of those pokemon he listed. Please.

Anyway, I think the animation looks good, albeit I'm a little curious about if the camera angles will be like that throughout every city/route?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    The camera rotation reminds of Another Code R for the Wii, in fact, that's why I thought the camera would rotate, because of that Wii game.

Anyways, I'm wondering how the camera will look for each town/city and route, I'd love to see what they can do with that camera.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I suspect that camera movement will only be for that (or some other too) citiy... But I hope for other kinds of interesting, original ways of moving the camera, making the epic places even more epic. (yeah, I like it epic XD)

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I'm hoping that maybe they made it optional. By hoping I mean desperately clinging to the nigh on impossible dream. D:
    Big mistake on their part. Not that it matters. They know we'll all faithfully buy it anyway, like good little slaves of the franchise.

Years
    Dudes....seriously....They probably have the Pokemon Following You as a separate option, since some people hated it, Yeesh. So....

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

On-Topic: I would like a Cave Bear please.

Years
    Someone beat you to it:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think the alphabet idea of the Unown is good enough and doesn't really need changing. I didn't think a "!" version should have been added but I guess it added a bit of creativity to the species.

The one thing that I have given a bit of thought to in the new games are the starters. Since Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, the starters' evolved forms have always been dual-types. This, in my mind, takes out the "purity" of the starters because they're supposed to be your first Pokemon - rare and pure fire, water or grass types. This isn't really a huge deal, however, I want a trio of starters, like in the original Gold, Silver and Crystal with pure fire, water and grass typing. It just makes the whole starter experience more.. well, whole.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think the alphabet idea of the Unown is good enough and doesn't really need changing. I didn't think a "!" version should have been added but I guess it added a bit of creativity to the species.

The one thing that I have given a bit of thought to in the new games are the starters. Since Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, the starters' evolved forms have always been dual-types. This, in my mind, takes out the "purity" of the starters because they're supposed to be your first Pokemon - rare and pure fire, water or grass types. This isn't really a huge deal, however, I want a trio of starters, like in the original Gold, Silver and Crystal with pure fire, water and grass typing. It just makes the whole starter experience more.. well, whole.

Starters have never been pure even before Johto (and that was the reason why the Johto starters were boring to me)... but it has been brought to my attention a while back that the fire starters are always some variation of the animals on the chinese zodiac, I wonder what would be next. I'm hoping for a snake.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

Starters have never been pure even before Johto (and that was the reason why the Johto starters were boring to me)... but it has been brought to my attention a while back that the fire starters are always some variation of the animals on the chinese zodiac, I wonder what would be next. I'm hoping for a snake.
    Pureness is awesomeness in my book. XD; but we're different people.

A fire snake? Doesn't sound right to me. But, meh, Pokemon designers always have a knack of making things that aren't right, in theory anyway, look.. well, right.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    So anybody want to tell me what ant, thylacine, and orca based pokemon we have already?

And that every single mythological creature has already been used?

Oh that's right Nintengod is just making an ass out of himself again.

Anyway, it's interesting that you bring up the camera issue. I'd say it would stay the same but who knows maybe it's part of this whole new beginning idea

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back