• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I'd rather see a polar bear family on its own. I mean, what's the reason to put all related animals into the same family? Besides, we need to forget Teddiursa/Ursaring.. I don't like 'em...

Lower case Unown are looking good... But I din't get the comment stating that \ should be one, because it's ? when not pressing shift... First of all, this should not be based of tkeyboards, these are ancient handwritings you know xP
    And seconds, I'm pretty sure that would be + on my keyboard. I have to press Alt Gr for the slash :/

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I would like to see some differences between day and night (besides the certain kind of pokemon that appear).
    -They should keep the day/night music differences:
    If they brought that onto the 5th generation from the 4th generation, it will feel like something really mysterious is happening at night. And hearing the differences between the day/night music made the games more enjoyable, espically the pokemon center music. At least I didnt have to hear the same poke center theme everytime I went inside, glad they changed that up. I dont know why they didnt do that in HG/SS. I hope they bring it back in Pokemon Black and White.

-Certain trainers should appear at night:
    Hopefully we can get some more trainer classes. It would make sense for some hard-core bikers to only appear at night. Hehe maybe some bikers with a Zouroak print on the back of their jacket lol. Maybe some supa nerds should only appear at night, maybe some expierments with their robo pikachus. Oh and Burgalers! I cant remember if they had that trainer class in DPPt, but they sure had them in HG/SS. That'd be fun to see them pop up at night around big cities (like the one we saw in the first gameplay of Black and White). You know what would be cool, if there is a dark gym (hopefully) that you can only fight in the nightime. It would just be interesting to see that :D

-Certain areas you can reach at night:
    Its time to get creative with the cities again! They should have a town, or a city that hidden by shadows. Im thinking something like a village hidden in the forest (no naruto pun intented :P). Seriously, the city/village is only visible on the map (noticed I said map) at nightime, and you can access this area (only on the 1st visit) at night, and after your 1st visit, you can access that area anytime of the day. I cant think of how FLY can affect that feature, maybe you can just fly their at night lol.

-Certain berry trees/flowers should bloom at night:
    There are some flowers that only bloom at night, so why not in a pokemon game?

-The moon?:
    Since we're not getting a birds eye view anymore, I think it is time to introduce the moon into the pokemon world. I want to see the moonlights reflection in the water. Maybe some pokemon should evolve only when theres a full moon (or other moons: cresent, half, etc.) Now that would be cool. Maybe Zouroak can evolve in a full red moon, seeing how its eyes glow red.

thats all I can think of at the moment :]

Pretty damn good ideas, I wonder what if certain berries you plant only grow in the day, and maybe more visual effects at night such as fog and mist around areas that'd usually be clear in the day.

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
    Serbii anounced on the site that Pokemon Sunday was probably going to reveal the starters on the 16th May.

I sure hope so !!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Serbii anounced on the site that Pokemon Sunday was probably going to reveal the starters on the 16th May.

I sure hope so !!

I was scared you where going to be dug at for that, then realised you said starters! Yeah, they confirmed it :D I wonder why you can't copy and paste from there...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    CoroCoro is releasing the starter details the 15th of this month I heard...I REALLY hope I like the starters...they kept getting worse...the typing kept getting better, but the design kept getting worse...I'd like a Blastoise thats Water/Steel yes please xD...still hope the Grass 2nd type is Steel and the Fire ISN'T FIGHTING AGAIN!! is like Poison and we can have like a "2nd type resists the next Pokemon's 2nd type."...but if they revamp Pokemon its gonna be different than anything we can expect...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    We need a Unoun evo, not a lower case kids, the evos should be letters from the greek alphabet.

what about russian or Korean alphabet? If they choose Korean then we would easily have over 30 new unknown, and maybe they could stack ontop of each other to spell out words in Korean 저는포켓몬가 공부 해요. ^_^ My Korean is still a lil' sketchy.

Hey I was just wondering.....does anyone think Nintendo will make a new type of pokemon? I just have this feeling that white will have like a light type legendary then everyone will flock over to it w/ black being ignored...kinda like the what happened D&P.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    i heard the starters are going to be psychic dark fighting

From who/where? Source?

I sincerely hope not!! I'm fine if they add a second set of starters after the first ones that are those types but the starters were forever and always meant to be Grass/Fire/Water.

And why Psychic/Dark/Fighting? Ground/Steel/Ice; Rock/Ice/Flying and Fighting/Rock/Flying (<-think this one works the best) all work better since Psychic doesn't effect Dark at all...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    No dude the Psychic/Dark/Fighting thing happens every new Gen...based on Fakemon...on Serebii if you look at Fake Pokemon and go down you'll see 3 pokemon together that fit this...the GenIV "starters" haha No...Just No...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well we do know they are adding other types to the starters and they already did fighting twice i dont think they'll do it a third.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    The event Pokémon being distributed to those who pre-purchase movie tickets are level 50 color-variant ("shiny") versions of the legendary trio from Johto.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
    From who/where? Source?

I sincerely hope not!! I'm fine if they add a second set of starters after the first ones that are those types but the starters were forever and always meant to be Grass/Fire/Water.

And why Psychic/Dark/Fighting? Ground/Steel/Ice; Rock/Ice/Flying and Fighting/Rock/Flying (<-think this one works the best) all work better since Psychic doesn't effect Dark at all...

Of course!
    It has to be fire grass water, but those SECOND types could be nearly anything....
    Actually i doubt any of them will be of any type combinations that alredy occured
    What would be cool is a Fire/Poison starter, a Water/Ice or Psychic starter and a Grass/normal or Ghost type

what about russian or Korean alphabet? If they choose Korean then we would easily have over 30 new unknown, and maybe they could stack ontop of each other to spell out words in Korean 저는포켓몬가 공부 해요. ^_^ My Korean is still a lil' sketchy.

Hey I was just wondering.....does anyone think Nintendo will make a new type of pokemon? I just have this feeling that white will have like a light type legendary then everyone will flock over to it w/ black being ignored...kinda like the what happened D&P.

I don´t think so because yeah i´m realy sick of hearing that....most of my friends tendered to get the most popular ones but me and some other guys always ended up thinking the other one was cooler like for example I´m Silver/Crystal versioned forever, i just looooooooooooooooove lugia and suicune, but mostly everyone i know just got gold because it had the rainbow colors........oh i also got sapphire and.... didn´t get Diamond or Pearl at all, just platinum

Oh and also i like to think positive but i really don´t think they´ll make unow evos and new ones, maybe one or another but i don´t think both.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Fire/Poison could be a Scorpion, Snake, or Basalisk (They have poisonous fanges and can breathe fire). Water/Psychic has be done, but Water/Ghost hasn't. Possibly a water droplet or a humanoid-shaped body of water? Grass/Fighting FTW! Kung-Fu Panda-style =]

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
    Fire/Poison could be a Scorpion, Snake, or Basalisk (They have poisonous fanges and can breathe fire). Water/Psychic has be done, but Water/Ghost hasn't. Possibly a water droplet or a humanoid-shaped body of water? Grass/Fighting FTW! Kung-Fu Panda-style =]

Pandas ROCK!!!!!

And yeah water psychic has been done in Starmie for what i know but maybe they´ll just make a starter like that.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    if they make it water/fire/grass
    I dont care much for water
    But a fire/GROUND woULD be awsome
    And a grass/fighting would be pretty sweet

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    no they are going to reveal at the end of the month they think it might be the shadowed outlines this sunday

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back