• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Why don't they let you pick a Dragon type starter towards the end of the game...like Steven or Oak in HGSS

Steel/Dragon FTW

That's what I was thinking but maybe as you enter a new region you're given them or at least at some point during the game. Not after you've beaten the gym leaders, league and Red-like trainer. What's the use then?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    fire/dragon :P

lol sounds awesome XD

or the 3starters could be dragons :3 and theyd be balanced cuz each is dragon lol

Steel/Dragon would own everything in sight...

I dont see any of them being a Dragon except the Serplant...Shellbelly's Shell becomes the nose of it in dragon form lol and Bac(drag)on would be funny but no

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Steel/Dragon would own everything in sight...

I dont see any of them being a Dragon except the Serplant...Shellbelly's Shell becomes the nose of it in dragon form lol and Bac(drag)on would be funny but no

i was tlakin bout the gen6 pokemon beginners :3

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    indeed
    heres an example i loved piplup& i like empoleon, but i cant stand primplup but that doesnt stop me from usin it ^_^ (primplup is a lil too piplupish it shouldve been altered, instead of inlarged lol)

I hope they don't do that with Mijumaru. I can see Pokabu's 2nd evo just being an enlarged version with maybe some added tusks or hair XD.

Come to think of it though, the simplest of the evos of all the starters had to be the first gen.

Except Palkia! Well Palkia+Kyrogre generally destroy most things, including Dialga.

Yeah Palkia and Kyogre are fierece legendaries. I was so pissed when in Rise of Darkrai it seemed like Palkia was getting its butt kicked by Dialga. The next day at school I was arguing with my friends trying to defend Palkia XD...'guys don't blame the pokemon blame the animator..geeeesssshhhhh'

I think the 5th gen legendaries will be pretty simple. I mean you can't get any bigger than space and time right?

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Now that we have seen the starters I have high hopes for the Legendary mascots.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

I hope they don't do that with Mijumaru. I can see Pokabu's 2nd evo just being an enlarged version with maybe some added tusks or hair XD.

Come to think of it though, the simplest of the evos of all the starters had to be the first gen.

Yeah Palkia and Kyogre are fierece legendaries. I was so pissed when in Rise of Darkrai it seemed like Palkia was getting its butt kicked by Dialga. The next day at school I was arguing with my friends trying to defend Palkia XD...'guys don't blame the pokemon blame the animator..geeeesssshhhhh'

I think the 5th gen legendaries will be pretty simple. I mean you can't get any bigger than space and time right?

Day and Night are good guesses I'd say...

Now that we have seen the starters I have high hopes for the Legendary mascots.

Yeah, I'm thinking (I wasn't actually around for DPs unveiling...) that we should be getting legends soon. Based on the past what should we be getting next? Just random pokemon like Kecleon? Or fierce legends?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I remember when Dialga and Palkia were revealed but that was a while before the games were even released... I am sure it was further away than we are now. I expect to get the Legendary Pokemon, the evil team (if there is one), and the Professor next. There was no indication as to what would be in the next issue?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I kind of just want to know the amount of pokemon we're getting. Like what's the total going to be after 5th Gen. 600?

Also and I think it's time to reveal some sort of new evo or pre-evo for old pokemon since it's pretty well known we all want a couple. And some details on the team.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I know there has been speculation about the region, but when it comes to the Hiun City I see this strong resemblance between here and New York City. I really never realized it until I later saw the newer scans of Hiun City. The bridge, the docks, the large city buildings, I don't know, but it's very similar.

Just to give a small comparison between the two places, here are some close images of the two cities.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I feel as though it's the bridge and large buildings that bring it altogether, but yeah that's just my two cents. Not really saying it is New York City or that the new region will be in the US. Then again, it's never impossible since it's far away from the other four regions we have.

By the way, Mijumaru is beginning to grow on me.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I remember when Dialga and Palkia were revealed but that was a while before the games were even released... I am sure it was further away than we are now. I expect to get the Legendary Pokemon, the evil team (if there is one), and the Professor next. There was no indication as to what would be in the next issue?

If I remember correctly it seems like they're revealing BW stuff way later, just considering I found PC in June of 07 and by then almost all if not all the 4th gen Pokemon were released. I remember Infernape for sure. And yeah proffeseurm and some other supporting characters would be nice, that's also a good question...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know there has been speculation about the region, but when it comes to the Hiun City I see this strong resemblance betweet here and New York City. I really never realized it until I later saw the newer scans of Hiun City. The bridge, the docks, the large city buildings, I don't know, but it's very similar.

Just to give a small comparison between the two places, here are some close images of the two cities.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I feel as though it's the bridge and large buildings that bring it altogether, but yeah that's just my two cents. Not really saying it is New York City or that the new region will be in the US. Then again, it's never impossible since it's far away from the other four regions we have.

Omg, that was a very good comparison... and I honestly feel as if it may be in the US this time. The scene where everyone says is a factory scene, where the Black person was spotted seems more like a residential area, in the back yards and such.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I know there has been speculation about the region, but when it comes to the Hiun City I see this strong resemblance betweet here and New York City. I really never realized it until I later saw the newer scans of Hiun City. The bridge, the docks, the large city buildings, I don't know, but it's very similar.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I see more of Oakland/San Francisco just cause I think the bridge in the background resembles the Bay Bridge more than the Brookland Bridge. Though the close up version of the Bridge seems to have the same build as the Golden Gate. Either way I'm saying San Fran.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i just want this region to be worth while, sinnoh region wise was fontastic, but pokemon wise it was lackin badly

hoenn was great all around, but it was too small

johto was great, but everyone pisses&moans bout the pokemon

kanto was great in both size& pokemon, and got even better with the Sevii Islands
    but lacked in fun IMO

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    Okay first of all, what are you talking about? Pokemon severly losing popularity? Pokemon is reaching levels of popularity it hasn't hit since it was introduced.
    I agree that pokemon is gainging in revenue but actually pokemon doesn't have the popularity it once had, maybe in sales wide but it's not as popular in popular culture it once had, which was pokemon's glory days. True veteran players came from the 90,s when pokemon just came out, card were everything for school playgrounds and everyone had to have those pokemon t-shirts. Althought those days can never be brought back many of those gamers that used to play pokemon are moving or growing out of it because nothing feels new and all the new pokemon look weird (which is all a matter of opinion, I don't mind all new pokemon but a few do bother me.)

Real time battling I believe would ruin Pokemon. Mystery Dungeon has that and with so many move possibilities it's pretty hard to imagine Pokemon keeping it's huge fan base. I mean if I'm looking for that I'll go play Zelda. =/
    Haven't played mystery dungeon myself, but I do know it's it also turn based.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzTgK9_5Fkg

don't think zelda because that's way different then I imagined when I suggested real time battling. I was thinking more like what you find on the anime (but different of course)

As for people complaing about 4th generation, alot of people get it in there head that they hate 4th gen (cause of Bidoof or whatever) and basically go out of their way to rag on it. The battle system is one of the least complained about things out there, it's how Pokemon keeps its magic and frankly its the basis of Pokemon strategy.
    Pokemon doesn't use a whole lot of strategy to begin, it's easy to beat the game with any moveset, even with six bidoofs (here's a hint for those who have trouble beating things like elite four STOP LETTING ONLY A FEW POKEMON GROW STRONG AS YOU PROGRESS.) the battle system actually, if you take time to look around does get complained about often, dont go thinking my ranting here is anything new because if I have an idea it's a garenty someone else does. Turn based does get boring for veteran players.

You're right though old fans won't put up with the same game forever but I promise you it's not the battle system that needs to change.
    It's a general rule in business that 80% of revenue if generated by 20% of all reocurring customers, this is why it's important for all companies to keep they're current customers happy at all times, and the battle system is just one of the few things that some view as stale gamplay. It's the same old same old battling with a prettier picture, it does get old.

Different plot angles,
    new journey alternatives,
    completely re-do the gyms and leagues but
    Those would all be seen as gimmicks, it would be nice to see a change of plot, perhasp choose your own plot as you go, new ways to play instead of gyms, and more content to play with after you finish the main plot but the mian point of pokemon is what needs changing.

turn by turn game play is Pokemon. Without it they're creating a completely different game. It'd still be pokemon but the rest of the game would have to change with it as well.
    Actually the turn based battling is not the selling point, you must really be naive because the main point that gets pushed is "Gatta cath 'em all" which means catching and battling pokemon, the turn based was there because there was no other way. It's not the turn absed battling, it's the fact that you capture and battle creature which are two different things.

It has to be realized that nothing should be expected to stay the say always. Things change over time. You cannot expect to look outside and expect the world to function the same as it is today 20 years from now. Many games have been changed and even taken new directions which in turn has been proven to be for teh better. A good example would be the Warcraft series by Blizzard entertainment, that went from a Real time strategy game to a MMORPG (big difference) many have said that moving a game from RTS to MMORPG would ruin the series and fail and yet today it stands as the best selling MMORPG (Last I checked :/)

I understand that given by the pics now the game is expected to remain a 2D stale Turn based game but it should't be overlooked at the potential of an overhaul to a game that is losing popularity, has potential, and traditians like gyms, battling system, and other pokemon mechanics are it holding back. We have resources today to make the series go far.

According to those pictures what does it look like they are really giving us for pokemon? New pokemon and moves? ya like that hasn't been done, what about graphics? sure it looks prettier but if I were to convert those graphics to look like the classic gen one stuff would it feel the same? Sure it will. Not a whole lot seem to be changing to make the game feel fresh and new. Pokemon gold and silver did, gen 2 gave us night and day and made it so we had to want a certain time to catch pokemon and evolve them, that was a true upgrade. Gen 3 gave pokemon passive abilities such as immunity to OHKO, Sleep, Crits, and other stuff to effect are way to chosing are moves. Gen four did well... change the physical and special attacks around a little. What do we see Gen 5? it may be hard to say at this point since it's only pictures but the game doesn't look too promising. the only features that seem to be added is larger environments and prettier looks which is all smokes and mirrors and distract us from the real flaws that nothing is really changing from gen 4 to gen 5.

We can get excited for new pokemon all we want, but if dont see big changes being made in gen 5 it will feel like gen 3 all over again with a new look. One region, 8 gyms, save the world from evil, end of story. It's all smokes and mirrors, nothing new just recylced stuff to juice out cash and veteran are getting tired of it.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Maybe, The Game covers and 2 more Pokemon.

well we already partially know what is gonna be on the game cover, but I wonder if they will put a pokemon on it. I suggest just maybe a pic of Isshu region. I hope the english logos aren't in yellow! Notice how the Japanese logos always look better than the ones not in Japanese?
    Example:
    Japanese Pearl Version
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

English Pearl Version
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

I still like the Pearl case though...I think I accidentally threw mine away :(. Weird I always keep my cases and really bummed I threw Pearl's case away....I might even buy another Pearl just to have another case..lol. how long does Nintendo typically make new games for older gens? :D

i just want this region to be worth while, sinnoh region wise was fontastic, but pokemon wise it was lackin badly

hoenn was great all around, but it was too small

johto was great, but everyone pisses&moans bout the pokemon

kanto was great in both size& pokemon, and got even better with the Sevii Islands
    but lacked in fun IMO

lol its like they screw us over in one way or another in each gen. Sinnoh was huge, new, and is really fun to play over and over again, but it didn't have as many decent pkmn as previous gens though the pkmn were imo still great. If you get what I mean.

Hoenn was pretty big too though it got boring after beating pkmn league.
    Johto was too small, and Kanto was great but it also lacked fun things after the league. I wonder what will be gen 5's flaw.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back