• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ahh 치주 island!! It's home to a volcanoe, forest, and other beauties. It would be a perfect area to include in the game. Actually, the island is mostly untouched...so maybe that pic we saw of the girl trainer coming out of the forest onto the tracks was somewhere on Jeju (Cheju)? Possibly she was coming straight into a Jeju City look-a-like. But yeah Korea would be a great place to use as a region. Jeju Island though would be a big part of the region (it's around 77,000 km) so it could have a lot of cities or towns on it if they used it.
    yeah but Jeju is smaller than Kyushu (Hoenn) so the boat most likely takes us to the island or part of the main land the southern part of south Korea.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Look see:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

As you can tell she's coming into some town or city from a forested area that had tracks...and in another she is in the forest looking like jumping over some log, and in the other she looks like she's in the city, maybe at the port. Jeju Island has a forest in it, and it's largest city (Jeju City) has the largest port on the island..

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Look see:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

As you can tell she's coming into some town or city from a forested area that had tracks...and in another she is in the forest looking like jumping over some log, and in the other she looks like she's in the city, maybe at the port. Jeju Island has a forest in it, and it's largest city (Jeju City) has the largest port on the island..

the one going through the log is the boy

Years
    Okay okay, maybe this?

Grass/Rock
    Fire/Steel
    Water/Ground?

I don't know, these buggers are pretty hard to think about, Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup were so much easier. Then again, who knew Piplup would become a part Steel monster?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Naw, can't see that piggy being Dark or Psychic. Seems too dumb. Haven't you noticed Psychic/Dark types are often intelligent?

Try Steel instead.

dont judge a book by its cover or youll regret it (minus chimchars line cuz we all agree worst idea ever)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    the one going through the log is the boy
    now do you see why I hate that the boy has long hair?!

Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Dark
    Water/Ice

Would be awesome.

IMHO, Tsutaja will not be part fighting, it will more than likely be Mijumaru is anyone of them.

I liked Volroc's suggestions except for water/rock..that seems too dull to me and would give people yet another reason not to choose mijumaru. Water/ice would be all right but I'd prefer water/fighting water/flying or something else!

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    seriously. diamond and pearl were SO SLOW. i remember i was playing it to get a pokemon (after playing heart gold for so long) and i seriously had to turn it off because it was driving me nuts.

Going to options and speeding up the text time some what fixes this.

Grass/Flying
    Fire/Ground
    Water/Ice

I can't see a starter becoming Dragon, it pretty much overpowers it right then and there. Also I'm putting bets on the table, 20 bucks says there is absolutely no way that Mijumaru will become part ice when it evolves. Personally I really hope Mijumaru is Water/Fighting.

Removing the gyms? I'm not for that. I think that the gyms should stay though they definitely need a major upgrade as to how tough the gyms are, how you obtain the gym badge, and how many gym leaders there really are.

Awhile ago I suggested the idea of gyms being part of the terrain and not just buildings. Say there's a mountain, well the gym leader would wait for challengers who were strong enough to beat his trainers and make it to the top of the mountain (battling wild pokemon along the way).

A pokemon overhual is actually needed soon. Because the game franchise is getting old and sequels are starting to only come out with gimmicks or features. The only good thing about P/D was the online content. Most veteran players are already getting too bored of the games and that really isn't a good sign if gamefreak want's Pokemon to remain a hit.

I don't see the game losing focus on the league system any time soon, just new ways to battle and play would be nice. I seriously think they need to change the way pokemon currently battle, the turn system was nice when the game was for gameboy and gameboy advance but the DS is powerful enough to add excitement.

Yes the battle system needs a change because so many veteran players of the game are getting bored/growing up a lot of the game should be changed instead of adding one gimmick after another. Afterall looking at still sprites is boring. Even if the game remains turn based, there should still be something more to look at. I've traveled throught many forums and I can assure you I've seen hundreds of negative feedback about gen 4's pokemon and content and were not ambitious for a gen 5.

League or battles, something has to change

It is broken. you may not notice it much but it is. Most of the limitations in the current battle system such as only learning 4 moves and having it turn based is not there they wanted to but there because they had no choice, the Gameboy cannot support any kind of battle system that would remotely simulated what see on the amine, which would be much more exciting, add a sense of real time stragedy and fun to the game. It is broken because it's full of limitations and set backs, it's because of set backs a lot of pokemon are consideed too weak for competitive play, but imagine a game where sharpedo's speed is a huge advantage against most other pokemon he is actually out running them and not just a matter of attacking first.

Before anyone starts talking trash about the idea of changing current traditions in pokemon

Okay first of all, what are you talking about? Pokemon severly losing popularity? Pokemon is reaching levels of popularity it hasn't hit since it was introduced. I mean look at the sales records set by Platinum and like!! Real time battling I believe would ruin Pokemon. Mystery Dungeon has that and with so many move possibilities it's pretty hard to imagine Pokemon keeping it's huge fan base. I mean if I'm looking for that I'll go play Zelda. =/ As for people complaing about 4th generation, alot of people get it in there head that they hate 4th gen (cause of Bidoof or whatever) and basically go out of their way to rag on it. The battle system is one of the least complained about things out there, it's how Pokemon keeps its magic and frankly its the basis of Pokemon strategy.

You're right though old fans won't put up with the same game forever but I promise you it's not the battle system that needs to change. Different plot angles, new journey alternatives, completely re-do the gyms and leagues but turn by turn game play is Pokemon. Without it they're creating a completely different game. It'd still be pokemon but the rest of the game would have to change with it as well.

You mentioned it and I agree, I'd love to see the League System revamped or added too. I'm thinking holding a Champions Tourney (that you have to hike to) that pits everyone whose beat the Elite 4 before against eachother. Every time a new tournament starts there could be more and more combattants and the levels of the opponents could increase with each round and tournament until maybe you have to battle a team of level 95+ or 100's to win the Champions Cup (or whatever.)

That thing of two regions was fake as it was stated... forgot where that this region is going to be far away from the four known regions and the two regions we were believed to be the place it's going to be based on are very close to Kyushu (Hoenn) so as I mentioned before it might not be in Japan at all or maybe it's GF original...

Actually my Japanese exchange student told me that it says Isshu is far away from Kanto and Johto and presumably Sinnoh since it's in the picture. But I don't believe it ever mentions Hoenn. =DDD

Lots of reading all done. :P

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope they are all types we haven't done yet (as in combos)

Maybe they all get their own 2nd type like 3 new types each for them O.o

Grass/Rebel
    Fire/Bacon
    Water/Gayclown

I see it now!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    deperessed emo clown otter :P lol jk!

maybe its depressed because of the things people say about it online. you know that thread asking what the sadest pkmn is? well, I hope Mijumaru isn't added to it when black & white comes out D:

I think Mijumaru is different from other starters. Usually they all have a smiling face, but Mijumaru is more of a realist. And realist know the truth hurts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back