• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, I just want something fresh and new. But I did have a few ideas if it's gonna follow the traditional theme.

• Pokemon White[Opal] and Pokemon Black[Onyx]
      • Night and Day theme with the main legendary Pokemon representing the Sun and the Moon
      • The evil organizations would be Team Dawn and Team Dusk, and like Ruby and Sapphire, trying to bring on eternal Day/Night.
      • More split evolutions that have more to do with day and night as well as multiple evolutionary methods.
      • Umbreon and Espeon would be quite popular and it would be safe to say that if this were a theme, there would be no new Eeveelutions introduced in it.
      • Dusk Stone and Dawn Stone would be given to you depending on the verssion.

This is, if Gamefreak was as unoriginal as everyone loves to claim. I would love for it to be like this and it strays away from the whole, Good/Evil, Light/Darkness situation.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I actually do like these guys.
    I was a bit freaked when serebii told me about this and gave me a silouette of Zoroark,
    I thought it was going to be some DISATRIOUS evolution for Sandslash or something.
    but I was plesantly suprised!

It actually looks kinda nice, and I'll possibly use it in Generation 5.
    I need a good dark-type, anyway.

it'll probably get an added -fire type two consitering the design.

Hopefully Nintendo won't go to "WILD CANNEDTUNAMAN APPEARED!" standards or pokemon creation, and actually have a pretty good storyline in the games this time.
    And the anime won't be "ASH'S PIKACHU IS RESET TO LEVEL 5 AND DAWN WALKS AWAY AND ASH GETS ANOTHER GIRL TO HIS TRAVEL TEAM WHEN PIKACHU FRIES HER BIKE LOLOLOLOL"
    and no pokemon this time around is a bidoof, or a miscolor malfunction like Monferno.

Years
    We need some Dark-type moves that have a base power of 85 or more, did you know that no Dark-type moves are above 80 Base Power? WTH?

ZoROARK. First they use Roark's hair for the new Silver and now they use his name??? This is madness, I tell you!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    We need some Dark-type moves that have a base power of 85 or more, did you know that no Dark-type moves are above 80 Base Power? WTH?

ZoROARK. First they use Roark's hair for the new Silver and now they use his name??? This is madness, I tell you!

But I'm sure it will be different in English, as Roark is too. Im hoping that Zoroark just be Zoroar in English.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ugh... such a dreadful idea for me right now. Lets just focus on the upcoming new series for now plz. I loved Hoenn but I just see no need for a remake right now. And it could take like six years anyway.

Years
    Bu-ut, isn't there a pattern? Every 2 generations, a re-make of an old one is gonna come?

For me, personally this is good. I have no plans whatsoever to buy a DS, I have a DSi, okay? I wanna see Groudon and Kyogre fight, and Rayquaza come and hand their asses to them! Besides, don'tcha wanna see all of the regions in 3-D glory? HG/SS covers Johto and Kanto, so that doesn't count.

Come on...Why not re-make Hoenn, hmm?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Bu-ut, isn't there a pattern? Every 2 generations, a re-make of an old one is gonna come?

For me, personally this is good. I have no plans whatsoever to buy a DS, I have a DSi, okay? I wanna see Groudon and Kyogre fight, and Rayquaza come and hand their asses to them! Besides, don'tcha wanna see all of the regions in 3-D glory? HG/SS covers Johto and Kanto, so that doesn't count.

Come on...Why not re-make Hoenn, hmm?
    I don't doubt that they'll re-make the Hoenn games but in comparison to Kanto and Johto, Hoenn still feels kinda fresh, as does Sinnoh. I can't see them making another remake for at least 2-3 years.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Then why even mention it right now. Im sure it will have it's time but it just doesnt sound all that appealing to me right now when we are on the verge of being handed an entirely new generation.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    Yeah, I just want something fresh and new. But I did have a few ideas if it's gonna follow the traditional theme.

• Pokemon White[Opal] and Pokemon Black[Onyx]
      • Night and Day theme with the main legendary Pokemon representing the Sun and the Moon
      • The evil organizations would be Team Dawn and Team Dusk, and like Ruby and Sapphire, trying to bring on eternal Day/Night.
      • More split evolutions that have more to do with day and night as well as multiple evolutionary methods.
      • Umbreon and Espeon would be quite popular and it would be safe to say that if this were a theme, there would be no new Eeveelutions introduced in it.
      • Dusk Stone and Dawn Stone would be given to you depending on the verssion.

This is, if Gamefreak was as unoriginal as everyone loves to claim. I would love for it to be like this and it strays away from the whole, Good/Evil, Light/Darkness situation.

Interesting theory and it meshes well seeing as the first new pokemon we've got to see is a dark type.

Years
    Rock AGAIN? Don't get me started on Rock...Roark was scary enough for me, his Cranidos was much, much worse than Brock's Onix...what we need is a Normal or whatever Gym Leader, Roark made me hate Rock-types.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I really hope the first gym isn't Rock. It's just boring and repetitive. Something like Normal would be nice, or just anything that isn't Rock. And obviously we need a Dark-type gym somewhere (Hey! Maybe Zoroark will be it's signature Pokemon?)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I really hope the first gym isn't Rock. It's just boring and repetitive. Something like Normal would be nice, or just anything that isn't Rock. And obviously we need a Dark-type gym somewhere (Hey! Maybe Zoroark will be it's signature Pokemon?)
    I'm pretty sure that Heart Gold and Soul Silver prove a change to what we consider a normal gym order by having Flying first and including a dark type gym. I personally want the first gym to be different as well, maybe have it as Dark since, like the poster above noted, our first view into generation five is the release of Zorua and Zoruak.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    Zorua remembers me somehow on Shinx. His face looks very similar to it.
    And why do we need a second fox if we have Vulpix already?
    Zorua looks somehow selfish to me. It appears that it wants to be "cool" or it looks like that "she" wants the whole attention.
    Zoruak looks like *blerk*. A werewolf. Honestly, I have to say that I don`t like both pokemon :\

And there might be a dark gym leader, but it doesn`t mean. I mean they`ve shown a dark 4th gen pokemon too but there isn`t any dark gym leader. I think that you can meet Zorua at the beginning of the game (maybe Route 301?) and Zoruak at the middle of the game like Skuntank.

Btw, if you check out serebiis (5th gen) page, then you`ll find the coro coro scans which also show the faces of both pokemon.
    The red color near Zoruaks mouth looks like blood. Is this pokemon drinking blood or even eating humans? O_o

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Im hoping for a different starting gym as well, but considering types you need something the starters can work with. Rock has always been absolutely destroyed by grass and water, but fire struggles. So there's usually some kind of fighting or grass Pokemon you can catch early on to help.

I'm hoping for Ice or Bug first, with a fighting type that you can catch early on if you pick the grass starter!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    But the first gym needs to be really difficult and Rock at the start is just that. Falkner was only Flying because Brock was in that game and they didn't want two Rock gyms. But just look at Falkner, he's a wimp.

Dragon is good for a final gym because it's harder later in the game.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    Sweet. I can't complain about Zorua and Zoroark at all. Can't wait to see what else is to come for Generation 5. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back