• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    RyoBlahBlahBlah said:
    Stop hating this thing. OMG, it's just like Lucario...

I hope they make over 120 this Gen...and have 2 Pseudo-Legendaries that will Pawn Garchomp.

And that they make Flygon a good Dragon Pokemon. I loved that thing in Jirachi Wish Maker, but it sucked in battle.

Fire/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, Electric/Dark anyone? Any other unique combinations you wanna see?
    Don't you tell me what to do, if I hated these Pokémon, it's my right to do so. I don't tell you what you must like or not so be cool.

Eh. Dude.
    493 is a lot to design. I mean, Plusle's paw marks being the same really isn't even something to count. You barely even notice it. :/

7/493.
    Meh.
    Why, we should make a band of designers and try making more than 493 creatures. XD
    Just because Firestar has some eyebrow marks that look like that *coughcoughnocoughtomentioncoughthatsomerealanimalscoughhaveeybrowmarkscoughcoughlikethattoocough*
    Okay, when you were two years old I already played Pokémon, if I'm telling you they could do it better, it's because they could. And who are you? Ah, good night.

Years
    Look, we haven't even known this thing FOR A WEEK yet, and it's typing, other than Dark, abilities, and other stuff is unknown. You can hate the design, that's understandable, but hating anything else right now is ridiculous and foolish.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Alright, So I think that if there is gonna be an Evolution of Farfetch'd it should be called something like "Pr'posterus" or something similar to Farfetch'd.

I agree with many others and think they should continue the "Pokemon Follow" to the new Gen 5.

Also, they should make it more interactive, to where you could use your Pokemon for puzzles. E.g. the Braille things in Gen 3.

I am upset with some things though. I'm sick of some Pokemon gaining an Evolution in every Gen;

Hey I got an Electabuzz

Wait let me breed it to get an Elekid

Oh hold on, now I need to make it an Elecitivire.

It's a bit rediculous.

But definite Evolutions should be Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, I'd love an alternate of Gastly, and defineley an Evolution of Delibird, which makes it look even more santa-like.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Honestly, I'm not 100% impressed so far. :\
    I feel this is going to be the last generation.

As long as they're making money I honestly don't think they'll stop, although I do see a complete re-do coming in the foreseeable future. I have a feeling eventually they'll just scrap all previously made Pokemon and start from scratch, because there are quite a lot of Pokemon to get, and they won't be able to keep 1,000+ Pokemon in the cartridge. So yeah, I really see then starting over soon, at least.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Stop complaining about this, you know you will play the fifth gen games and love them after all.​

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I honestly don't know why anyone is complaining, no one liked the D/P sprites when they first started getting released, and now they've grown to love them. I can see the same thing happening again.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Pretty much every Gen I evolution was a carbon copy of its pre-evolution.

If you grab any Pokemon, you would be able to recreate it with parts of other Pokemon. Seriously, that doesn't mean it's not creative...

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    If there is a Farfetch'd evolution, I want it to be called Riduckulus. Like ridiculous, but with a duck :P. And honestly, we cant start thrashing the entire possible fifth generation by this one example! I honestly don't really see a huge resemblance to Lucario, its bipedal, but thats pretty much it. It has a different typing, a different attitude, color scheme, and overall body shape. I think everyone is setting the standards too high, Gamefreak can't please everyone, and no matter what, there will be at least ONE Pokemon you like in the new generation, it would be impossible not to. I'm not a fan of fourth, and I love third and second, but I know fifth may be disappointing, but I will still play it!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    I don't say i like them at the moment but i don't dislike them either. I think just Dark type is rather plain

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    For goodness' sake, if you don't like the new Pokémon go catch yourself a Pikachu. They'll inevitably be available as they have been in every game.
    With 493 creatures and counting they'd have to make some REALLY weird stuff if they wanted to stay completely original. And then still, people would get their panties in a knot because the soda can pokémon looks a bit too much like the freshly uncanned tuna 'mon.

Does anyone know why the accepted/official romanization seems to be "Zorua" when the katakana on the scan spells "Zoroa"?
    Not gonna stop me from naming mine "Zoroaster." Oh this game's gonna have a round of really nerdy nicknames I can FEEL it. >D
    Hopefully it'll have some power. I could use a good powerful dark type.

I'm more curious as to what they'll be called. You can't really go more valuable than the last gen...
    Ivory and Obsidian? Uranium and Plutonium? Chocolate and Vanilla? I could go on, but they'd end up MORE ridiculous.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Maybe the next gen games will have their version names based on Legends or something this time, as I'm hoping that they'll stay away from using Minerals as names just for this time.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'm with Dear Marley, the first two being named "Pokemon Chocolate" and "Pokemon Vanilla", with the third Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum version being named "Pokemon Bubblegum".

...totally possible.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Looks like it's name's been figured out as well. Zorro and Dark......Pretty Damn cool.

Hang on, is this the first Pokemon where it's Japanese name is actually Spanish.....or do I not do enough research?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Well, Nintendo and Game Freak (presumably, as this reveal is 99.9% confirmed for me) have done it again! Quite an early reveal, I was wondering how I was going to manage waiting until February 21st, 2010. As for the naming, Zoroark keeps on reminding me of 'Roark' the Gym Leader! I really hope that the name gets translated as Zoroark and not some weird variant like Zoloalk, due to the 'L>R' thing with the Japanese language.

I'm glad we have another prominent humanoid Pokemon (i.e., Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario) for Generation V! :) I really wish this thing was a Legendary Pokemon, though; I hate how this has become another "Lucario scenario" regarding Legendary status. :(

Thankfully, we have an actual super-cute pre-evo that's actually useful (unlike the unnecessary, pointless Riolu that wrecked Lucario's uberness)! Zorua (AKA 'evil Shinx') looks cool and cute simultaneously, and prepares to evolve into utter fierceness! :D

As for Zoroark (5th Gen's Lucario), the design is awesome. In actuality, I would prefer the version drawn by Xous of PokeBeach, but the two works of art emulate the same feel, so it's OK. Ken Sugimori's version actually looks more cunning, and I can't wait to see how fluid Zoroark moves in Phantom Ruler Z! However, Zoroark on all fours looks like it treads a bit on 'Fakemon' territory, though... Bonus points since "Z" is actually Zoroark (well, most likely Zoroark) and not some random human...

The pure Dark-type sort of bugs me (I was hoping for Dark/Fighting or Dark/Steel originally), since we just had a prominent Dark-type (Darkrai) that also happened to be Legendary. Hopefully, Zoroark will be able to learn a nice mix of physically-oriented Fire, Ghost, and Fighting moves (and possibly Moonlight to reference its 'werewolf' status). In addition, an ability that served as an automatic "Psych-Up" would be awesome!

This seems to be an interesting turn for Pokemon, though, as this is the first Pokemon that's actually evil by nature, due to its designations of "Evil Fox" (Zorua) and "Monster Fox" (Zoroark). Unless we have another 'backstory' like Darkrai's "misinterpreted" self-defense nightmare mechanism... It'd be a interesting turn of events if, once Zorua evolved, Zoroark started to disobeyed you for a while in the games (even if you had all the badges, as someone mentioned earlier) unless you made it hold a certain item to curtail its temper...

I have a slight feeling that Zoroark is going to replace Lucario in Super Smash Brothers 4, though. I wanted to have Mewtwo and Lucario in SSB4 to square off... Hopefully, the roster can be expanded to include Pikachu, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (Red), Lucario, and Zoroark (I can ditch Jiggly if I have to with no regrets).

And I'm glad Naruto is making its way into Pokemon! (off-topic, but so-called 'Narutards' are Narultimate!)! Four-tailed Kyubi transformation, Pokemon-style. I like it. The "Z-Family" complements Vulpix & Ninetales excellently. :) It's also nice that I'm getting more exposure to more kitsune legends...

Pretty good start to Generation V! Two cool Pokemon of one evolutionary family that is shrouded in mysterious motives and legend... I have high hopes for the next gen, and await the new Pokemon to come! (I'm gonna try to refrain on excessive speculation, because that tends to make everything fall short of expectations when actually revealed...)

(Even if not Legendary officially, Zoroark and Zorua will always be Legendary in my mind, just like Lucario and Arcanine! :D)

EDIT: That German website that "revealed" Zoroark scared me earlier on! I had my doubts though because the camera angles differed, and it seemed highly implausible that a few pixels could help to easily reveal a full-fledged Pokemon... I have trouble already trying to resize regular sprites with good quality...

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
    I kind of like them!! Cant wait to see what starter PokeMon we get!! Although all I ask from generation V is that ALL the PokeMon are available!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back