• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Im wondering, if gen 5 comes, there is gonna be an obligatory ruby/sapphire remake right? Damn its gonna feel so weird playing the game that doesnt look so old. I mean I can understand gen 2 and gen 1 remakes because the graphics were soooooooooo old and obsolete, but I mean the graphics for ruby/sapphire arent THAT bad. If you put these games back into the market, itll atleast look better than gold/silver and red/blue right?
    If they do make them, it'll probably be because they now people will buy them anyways

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I would like to say this
    If I buy the 5th gen games
    and I see geodude and zubat everywhere, I will completely give up on Pokemon.

But it can't be Pokemon without all the Zubats and Geodudes wandering about! </brick'd>

There could be a chance for a Ruby/Sapphire remake, but hopefully it'll be like... a ten-year release or something of the sort. Kind of like Johto (IDK how long between Red/Blue and the remakes.)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

But it can't be Pokemon without all the Zubats and Geodudes wandering about! </brick'd>

There could be a chance for a Ruby/Sapphire remake, but hopefully it'll be like... a ten-year release or something of the sort. Kind of like Johto (IDK how long between Red/Blue and the remakes.)
    Pokemon fr/lg were released 6 years after red and blue and hg/ss 10 years after gold an silver. It has now been 8 years since Ruby and Sapphire's release (Man! as the time flies) so a remake in 2 years seem plausible

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
    Im wondering, if gen 5 comes, there is gonna be an obligatory ruby/sapphire remake right? Damn its gonna feel so weird playing the game that doesnt look so old. I mean I can understand gen 2 and gen 1 remakes because the graphics were soooooooooo old and obsolete, but I mean the graphics for ruby/sapphire arent THAT bad. If you put these games back into the market, itll atleast look better than gold/silver and red/blue right?

Yeah, seeing Gen. 3 remakes is going to feel weird. I still have my Nintendo Power magazine with Rayquaza on the cover.... It's making me feel old.

But they have said that the this new game is going to play and look different from all the other Pokemon games we've had so far. In comparison, the graphics from the R/S/E games may look really old and in need of an update.

*Shrugs*

I wouldn't mind a remake. I never got to play R/S/E anyway.
    But I wanted to. I wanted to play them so, so badly.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

Yeah, seeing Gen. 3 remakes is going to feel weird. I still have my Nintendo Power magazine with Rayquaza on the cover.... It's making me feel old.

But they have said that the this new game is going to play and look different from all the other Pokemon games we've had so far. In comparison, the graphics from the R/S/E games may look really old and in need of an update.

*Shrugs*

I wouldn't mind a remake. I never got to play R/S/E anyway.
    But I wanted to. I wanted to play them so, so badly.
    They didnt actually say that it would look completely different! They stated that it will be in a new region with new pokemon! What i think your reffering to is that satoshi tajiri stated that he would like to change the battling style, but we dont know anything more than that, people have stated that this probably won't happen as their is no reason to change the winning strategy.

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
    They didnt actually say that it would look completely different! They stated that it will be in a new region with new pokemon! What i think your reffering to is that satoshi tajiri stated that he would like to change the battling style, but we dont know anything more than that, people have stated that this probably won't happen as their is no reason to change the winning strategy.

But they did say that it would look different! And of course it's going to be in a new region (quiet squee) with new Pokemon! I wasn't implying that I expected to see 3D graphics anything drastically different. :P It's on the same system, after all.

You have to remember that even the smallest change can make what came before it look really outdated. A simple sprite change could be all it takes for the older games to look... really old.

Can't wait to see if the battle system has actually been tweaked. I like the current style just the way it is, but I'm curious, at the least.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Whatever they do, I'm looking forward to it.

Also, bringing up your comment on the game having too many 'god-like' Pokemon already, Nintengod, the series must include Pokemon like that because its a tradition of the series. Its legendary Pokemon are ever expanding, like Greek mythology where there were an unknown amount of gods, goddesses and monsters. We'll see more and more 'god-like' Pokemon as long as Pokemon continues to be popular.

And:

-Kyogre, Creator of Sea
    -Groudon, Creator of Land
    -Rayquaza, Creator of Atmosphere

These three are not 'gods', but more along the lines of creators. They don't rule over these domains, they just created them and can manipulate them. An architect can build a castle but he is not its God, that castle's God is its king, so to speak.

-Uxie
    -Mesprit
    -Azelf

Here we have something similar to the Muses. So yes, technically they are gods/goddesses.

-Mew, Mother/Father of Pokemon
    -Mewtwo, Cloned Father of Pokemon?

How exactly is Mew a 'god' of ancestry? Ancestry isn't anything like elements, emotions, or anything along those lines so Mew isn't a 'god'. Mewtwo is a genetic experiment. Man cannot create gods.

-Ho-Oh, Embodiment of life and rainbows

Ho-Oh isn't the 'god of life' if that's who you were refering to. Ho-Oh is, in a way, a god, yes. But, if anything, it is like the goddess Iris, whom is the goddess of rainbows. But, Ho-Oh is not a god of life. It may have the power to revive dead creatures, but it is based on the Phoneix, who is said to have such healing powers.

-Celebi, Protector of the Forests

Celebi isn't a Time Lord, it protects the forests. It is, based on design and powers, a forest nymph. Forest nymphs are daughters of the gods, but not godesses themselves. It's time-traveling powers can be attributed to its duty to protect forests of all times.

-Entei, Western Wind Runner
    -Heatran, Protector of Mt. Stark

Entei isn't the god of volcanoes. It is a reincarnated servant of Ho-Oh. Its ability to cause volcanic eruptions or the tale that an Entei is born from volcanic eruptions is just attributed to its power over fire. Heatran isn't the god of volcanoes either. It merely protects Mt. Stark.

-Manaphy, Prince of the Sea

Manaphy may be deemed 'Prince of the Sea', but it doesn't have any control over the seas. It has the power to manipulate Water Pokemon, but nothing else. Manaphy, if anything, is a nereid, water nymph.

-Lugia, Embodiment of storms and whirlpools

Lugia isn't the God of the Sea. Yes, it resides in Whirl Islands and it causes whirlpools and storms, but it doesn't have power over water itself.

-Regigigas, Golem Master

Regigigas does control the golems, but I wouldn't consider it a 'god'. After all, a god or goddess represents an aspect of nature or life or human nature.

-Dialga, Lord of Time
    -Palkia, Baron of Space
    -Giratina, Czar of Dimension

These three do classify as gods. They represent a part of nature and rule over them.

-Arceus, Creator

Unfortunately it exists and is a God...bleh

Last edited:
    Years
    It's kind of hard to determine what is a god and what isn't in the franchise. They constantly contradict themselves. For instance, In the Japanese version of Pokemon 2000 Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Lugia are referred to as God of Freeze, God of Thunder, God of Flames, and God of Sea, respectively.

I personally don't like all this godly, land, sea, sky, time, space, antimatter, ruler of reality nonsense. The Pokemon world is now occupied by a plethora robo-dragon overlords who live within the "gaps" of multiple dimensions parallel to ours. Whatever happen to Mew and Mewtwo?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Mew ran off to another world where uber-dragons dont control everything and an ugly excuse for God doesn't exsist. Mewtwo is currently training to kill Arceus and mount his head over his mantle place in Cerulean Cave.

Nintengod

Elite Battler &amp; Contest Master
    Years
    Mew ran off to another world where uber-dragons dont control everything and an ugly excuse for God doesn't exsist. Mewtwo is currently training to kill Arceus and mount his head over his mantle place in Cerulean Cave.

Arceus is immortal as long as he has every plate. This was shown in movie 12. Arceus looks badass, he's also the most intelligent being in the universe. Celebi + many others are gods, nearly every god in myth has been killed or near killed. Who said Gods couldn't be killed? They were killed all the time. Idc what you say, if you're born with the ability of time travel with the power of mother nature, you're a god. If you control tsunamis or can create land, you're a god. If you can grant wishes without a ruleset, you're a god.

Years
    No no no.

Arceus created all Pokemon. Or did he? The Pokedex and Pokemon creators said he created the universe, not Pokemon. However, at the time the only Pokemon was Mew. So who made the Mews? So Arceus is the Creator of the UNIVERSE, not POKEMON or Mew in this case.

Nintengod

Elite Battler &amp; Contest Master
    Years
    No no no.

Arceus created all Pokemon. Or did he? The Pokedex and Pokemon creators said he created the universe, not Pokemon. However, at the time the only Pokemon was Mew. So who made the Mews? So Arceus is the Creator of the UNIVERSE, not POKEMON or Mew in this case.

I suggest you look up the definition of universe pal. It's very definition means he influenced pkmn themselves. He made the universe, put in elements, took a nap, evolution. Simple explination, no? He probably thought it would be funnier if he just let it happen on it's own.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Nintengod? I think you need to look up the word 'speculation'. Unless you work for GF, I highly doubt what you say is anymore valid than what we say.

Also, the whole Mewtwo killing Arceus thing, was a joke.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Look back to page 39 and you;ll see my speculation for new legendaries.

I'm sticking with Greek mythological legendary Pokemon. Out of that we call get some cool non-Legendary Pokemon ideas; Minotaur, Centaur, Cereberus, Satyr, Wood Nymphs, Nerieds, Hippocampi, 100-Handed Ones, Cyclopes, etc etc. Maybe even minor gods and goddesses too; Erebus (Darkness), Iris (Rainbow), Muses, Fates, etc.

Years
    No, I just think that we should at least get it on something else, not the DSi...it's been like 3 years since Gen 4 started, right? That was faaaaaast. Most Gens take like 5 years or something, the thing that's worrying me is HG/SS and Gen 5 jsut to tide us over for...Gen 6?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back