• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Still, 4 years? May not seem long to other people, but considering in 2006 I was still playing my Gameboy SP with my Emerald version...how long did Gen 3 last?

Man, I swear Tajiri has probably 1000 Pokemon thought up...he said there are going to be like 10 Gens, so I'll be...what, 30 by than?

SirFluffysworth

Your Mother
    Years
    I don't care that much about the console, as long as they upgrade the gameplay and don't completely change the battling system.
    I'd be more than happy with more moves and ablities being add but if the whole style of battling is changed, I will be quite disappointed.
    Also back to the console thing, even though it is going to be on the DS (presuming), I really hope that GF do upgrade the graphics, especially the overworld. I think the in-battle graphics are great, it will be good if they add some more background features within the battles though.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe that was wrong...Hmm, I'll think it over...

Anyway, the only thing I can see topping Arceus is the creator of Arceus.

Sun/Moon Gods, anyone for legendaries?

lol, the creator of Arceus? That's like an infinite loop... it's like "the creator of God". I doubt we'd ever see or hear anything about "the creator of Arceus", unless of course you're talking about the Pokemon designer team. :P

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    No no no, Japan get's Gen 5 this year. Everyone else will have to wait til 2011.

As for the system thing, it doesn't bother me.

Oh I see, I didn't know you were secretly a xatu that could see the future. They could very well release all versions at the same time. It wouldn't be the first time nintendo did something like that. Fun Fact: The ds came out in NA before JP.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Oh I see, I didn't know you were secretly a xatu that could see the future. They could very well release all versions at the same time. It wouldn't be the first time nintendo did something like that. Fun Fact: The ds came out in NA before JP.

Fun Fact: Keep on dreaming. There's no way they're going to deny Japanese sales just so that the rest of the world can play the games at the same time. You'll also notice that HGSS came out in 2009 in Japan, while everyone else waits patiently for the localization to finish in 2010.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    What i think could be cool would be that; lets say you in some kind of trainer match, the bug cather (or wathever) send out his pokemon but instead of you sending out the first pokemon in your party you can choose what pokemon would do best agains the adversary

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    What i think could be cool would be that; lets say you in some kind of trainer match, the bug cather (or wathever) send out his pokemon but instead of you sending out the first pokemon in your party you can choose what pokemon would do best agains the adversary

I'd actually rather that. I mean if ur were versing a trainer with diversing types you'll know what to send in.

Cool idea Sora

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I'd actually rather that. I mean if ur were versing a trainer with diversing types you'll know what to send in.

Cool idea Sora
    Thank you! If they use something like that that would also mean more tactic planning as you have to think about which of your pokemon would do best again the others

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Thank you! If they use something like that that would also mean more tactic planning as you have to think about which of your pokemon would do best again the others

Ur welcome, but with Wi-Fi battles what would happen lol?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    But wouldn't that take out a bit of the strategic element to the game? If we could pick which Pokemon to send out at the begining of the match then we have an unfair advantage in game.

Now, if the opponent could freely swtich Pokemon, not limited to Gym Leaders & special trainers, then we'd have a lot more strategy.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    But, in-game, all Trainer-types have specific Pokemon. Only Ace Trainers actually have diversity. Every other Trainer follows a pattern:

-Bug Catchers use Bug-Types
    -Hikers use Rock, Ground, and Fighting-Types
    -Karate people use Fighting-Types
    -Bird Catchers use Flying-Types
    -Dragon Tamers use Dragon-Types
    -Maniacs use Slowpoke, Cubone, or Ninjask, depends on region

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
    Yet, there will probably be more trainer types. And it just the Trainers, does not matter anymore than switching out your Pokemon when it shows what Pokemon that the Trainer is about to bring out.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    But wouldn't that take out a bit of the strategic element to the game? If we could pick which Pokemon to send out at the begining of the match then we have an unfair advantage in game.

Now, if the opponent could freely swtich Pokemon, not limited to Gym Leaders & special trainers, then we'd have a lot more strategy.

You apparently have never played competitive pokemon. We do this all the time. Ever play wifi or a wii pkmn game? -.-

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    And you an apparent self-acclaimed "know-it-all". If you actually read my post, I said in-game, as in battles that take place during the game, not over Wi-Fi.

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
    lol, the creator of Arceus? That's like an infinite loop... it's like "the creator of God". I doubt we'd ever see or hear anything about "the creator of Arceus", unless of course you're talking about the Pokemon designer team. :P

As a person very interested in Pokemon mythology, and mythology in general, I'd like to see the Pokemon teams take on this. I'd like to know where "God" came from. The answer would probably be Mew (Or would it?)... but then, where did Mew come from? Obviously, these are not simple questions and I... don't really think they will be addressed. Keep going back far enough and the "Ancestor of all Pokemon" will keep getting more and more powerful until they are too powerful. Still... I'm a bit curious.

Hmmm... that would actually be a pretty good way to end Pokemon forever. The last Pokemon, number 38430202452533-ITSOVER9000! number something incredibly high, is the creator of Mew (said to posses the DNA of all pokes), Arceus ("The Original One"), and... every other "seemingly connected to all Pokemon" Pokemon I'm forgetting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back