• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    So yeah, I like the idea someone said about being able to spin the screen with L and R... I actually thought that was how it worked when I saw DP at first :P

Could it be that you have to spin the screen certain times, to beat the game at some points? Could we say buh-bye to doors always facing the south? Would this ruin the feeling of the games (as I think cell-shading would)? Speculation taim! :D
    havent heard that one before. I guess that would be cool, or maybe one of those 1st person eye catchers when you enter a route. Maybe they could put that on the map or something.

Anyone feel the need to battle the region professor? I think that would be pretty cool. Like say that we became the champ and all and Professor "X" challenges you to a battle to see how far you have come. Or maybe battle you before you challenge the E4 to see how much you have grown. I think that would be awesome.

I want to see how well gym leaders will work together. When you beat the E4 and become the champ, you can have an arranged gym leader double battle.
    Ex: Gym Leaders Clair and Whitney challenges you to a battle.
    That would be a challenge, but I think it would make the game more interesting.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Apparently there will be new information about the 5th gen or new games announced in next months issue of Coro Coro according to Serebii and PokeBeach. Im excited. This will be the fastest month ever fro me, with Gorillaz music, Lady Fierce Telephone video, and HGSS to hold me over. Who is excited?

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This shouldn't be for saying if people are right or wrong, anything can happen in generation five :D (Please note that there might be a chance that everything will not happen in Generation five D:).

So yeah, I like the idea someone said about being able to spin the screen with L and R... I actually thought that was how it worked when I saw DP at first :P

Could it be that you have to spin the screen certain times, to beat the game at some points? Could we say buh-bye to doors always facing the south? Would this ruin the feeling of the games (as I think cell-shading would)? Speculation taim! :D

Reminds me of the newest Paper Mario game for Wii that changes back in forth between 2D and 3D (2.5D?). I like the graphics how they are and would rather see improvements too scenary and possibly battling before they try and mess with our eyeballs. My 2 cents I guess. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013

OMG i am so psyched for the may 2010 issue of corocoro hopefully they will tell the names and hasve some screenshots :)

Yes! supposedly the issue is going to cover a lot on gen V

you realize next month is april right? march, april, may, june, july?

yes but the MAY corocoro going to be the next one we have scans for. the ones released were APRIL. so hes right

Last edited:

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    Yes! supposedly the issue is going to cover a lot on gen V

yes but the MAY corocoro going to be the next one we have scans for. the ones released were APRIL. so hes right

Oh right, I've forgotten that mags release their "months" issue in the previous month. As in this is the april issue despite that it's early march.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Did any1 notice that the scans revealed zorua and zoroark's ability to disguise into other forms and pokemons...i'm curious about the word disguise here...any speculations ??

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I hope we can get a good 3+ years out of HGSS before Gen5 comes along. I'm all for the new games but lets have time to thoroughly enjoy what we've got right!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Isn't that a bit long? I can imagine many people drifting away from the fanbase if they pulled that stunt. ._.

It's been three years between DPP and HGSS. I think they could do a few more years, considering the Wi-Fi aspets of the game.

I dunno, maybe it is a bit long. I guess I just don't want my DS and old games to be obsolete so soon and have to buy new hardware, haha

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If they pulled that stunt I would be slightly annoyed but glad I could actually enjoy my games. I stopped playing platinum when HGSS were confirmed... :/

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    It's been three years between DPP and HGSS. I think they could do a few more years, considering the Wi-Fi aspets of the game.

But the Wi-Fi/metagame aspects haven't changed that much at all. So it would be like six years of the same metagame. And DPPt added a new region, new Pokemon, new graphics, features, everything and it lasted for three years. And that was with the intermediate Platinum. HGSS is a remake, it probably won't last as long as all that other stuff being added.

I dunno, maybe it is a bit long. I guess I just don't want my DS and old games to be obsolete so soon and have to buy new hardware, haha

It's already confirmed 2010 release in Japan and for the DS. :P

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm still wondering the amount of Pokemon they'll add in the next generation. I think Gamefreak are trying to create a level of balance with the numbers so, if I guess roughly, I would say about 120-130 mark. What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    I hope we can get a good 3+ years out of HGSS before Gen5 comes along. I'm all for the new games but lets have time to thoroughly enjoy what we've got right!

Considering HGSS are remakes I think we can expect the new generation to follow sooner than we're expecting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    i think they're smart aiming for a late 2010 release date. im sure it will end up being mid 2011 in japan in all actuality. but they're trying to get the most out of the ds. smart move

Akari

Man
    Years
    I'm for this as well. At the very least it'll let the fans savor the experience of a game and then look forward to something fresh with more vigor. I don't want a R/S/E remake until at least ten years after its initial release (so 2013). I still have a perfectly intact GBA SP and a copy of Sapphire that I use occasionally and for imports, I don't need another copy.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Exactly. And as there hasn't been released any of the game mechanics/graphics/details at all about the gen. five games, what point is there really to focus too much on ErTs (EruptionRuby and TsunamiSapphire... Not official, be quiet)... Let's talk about the upcoming ones instead :D

I'm hoping for an actual huge jungle. With mud traps, lots of poison, a fortree-kind of town, darkness, you name it XP

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    I'm still wondering the amount of Pokemon they'll add in the next generation. I think Gamefreak are trying to create a level of balance with the numbers so, if I guess roughly, I would say about 120-130 mark. What do you guys think?

gen4: +107
    now: 493
    gen 5: 107
    493+107=600

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back