• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    gen4: +107
    now: 493
    gen 5: 107
    493+107=600
    Yeah, a perfect number to quit the series on. Jk jk jk jk... That'd be horrible... No DP remakes XD

Nah, then they'd make 66 moar. 666. Awesome. Then they can quit. (Still kidding)

That makes sense. 107. Decent number, as long as they don't fill up with evos and legends, as in gen 4.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    That makes sense. 107. Decent number, as long as they don't fill up with evos and legends, as in gen 4.
    They shouldnt make more than 2 pre-evo/evolution. If Im following the parrern correct generation 5 should be a reboot just like generation 3 *hint hint wink wink RSE remakes*

lets see,
    Generation 1= the begining: original something that we never seen before, didnt see generation 2 coming lol

Generation 2= mostly pre-evos/evolution: ever noticed that?

Generation 3= a reboot: introduced about 100-110 new pokemon, only had 2 pre-evolutions. (Wynaut and Azurill) and then came generation 1 remakes; Firered & Leafgreen

Generation 4= mostly pre-evos/evolutions: just like generation 2, which came the generation 2 remakes; Heartgold & SoulSilver

Generation 5: can you guess?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Where do you imagine Generation 5 is located?

I wonder if it'll still be in Japan...

The area around Hiroshima hasn't been covered yet right? Maybe they'll do that... hehe

Years
    Where do you imagine Generation 5 is located?

I wonder if it'll still be in Japan...

The area around Hiroshima hasn't been covered yet right? Maybe they'll do that... hehe
    I hope they finally get out of Japan, there are so many other places in the world to choose from!

Could you imagine using any of these areas as the location for a Pokemon game? I think anyone of those place would be fantastic. I wouldn't mind them using Arizona (Orre) again, since they didn't even include the Grand Canyon. :/ Maybe not Santorini, since Sootopolis already did that...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I don't know, Japan makes a nice setting. I'm disappointed that they blew all of Hokkaido on Sinnoh, myself. There was a nature reserve that had epic possibilities, but I forget where it was, what it's called, or if they used it. ^^()
    It was in some National Geographic mag if that helps anyone remember....

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Were the Sevii Islands based at all on Okinawa? Just curious, anyone know? Unfortunately Japan isn't the biggest place and they're kind of exhausting their material...

I'm still hoping for Jungles and Glaciers!! :P Cause they're so related!! =P

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    How a-boot... a less long E4 ending. 5 mins of speed up text is too much. Maybe lvl 80+ grinding area? In ice pokemon flavor text it mentions a snow country. I'd like to see 30 new ice type pkmn in the region. That'd be pretty sweet.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    The Sevii Islands are based on the Izu Islands south of Tokyo; they're not Okinawa.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

^Those islands.

I want to see China actually... I wonder how Shanghai and Hong Kong will appear in a Pokemon game... that'd be cool. :) The jungle in Brazil would be interesting too!

If they're going for 1000+ pokemon, they'd definitely have to expand out of Japan. I hope they don't goto some lame place like Taiwan or South Korea .... :< Although those are likely thanks to their proximity to Japan.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I don't see why they'd drop compatibility with previous generations. They only did that with Gen III because they had too. But now that've come up with the one way trading idea and it's on the DS, so the hardware isn't incompatible either.

Is it really on the DS?! That would be a first, a new generation starting on an older generation's hardware. I'm down, in that case.

That's what they said when the games were first announced (or, well, pre-anounnced anounnced). It wouldn't be the first time either. The GBC was just a remake of the GB.

Years
    Now this has probably been answered within these 57 pages, but like most members here I am to lazy and tired to check it out. Does anyone know when this game comes to Canada?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    No, only release information right now is late 2010 for Japan. Based on history, I'd guess early 2011 for Canada, but I can't be sure.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    So they have been confirmed for the DS, eh? Are you people sure it will be a gen 5 game :\ ? It may have been said its a RPG but it could just be a hoenn remake or somthing, maybe a new region but no new gen 5 pokemon (except maybe zoroark and zorua events or somthing?)... Though, I guess it would make more sence its gen 5 but every gen of pokemon has had its own console :\
    Gen 1 = Gameboy (nintendo handheld Gen 1)
    Gen 2 = Gameboy colour (Ninetendo handheld Gen 2)
    Gen 3 = Gameboy advance (Nintendo Handheld Gen 3)
    Gen 4 = Ds (Nintendo Handheld Gen 4)
    Ya see? It just wouldnt be very traditional... or nostalgic? But, it is the DS's 5 year anniversary so maybe gen 5 will um, celebrate that?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'd be pissed if it was a complete block off of previous gens though, but Im sure you would be able to trade just like from Red to Gold.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    So they have been confirmed for the DS, eh? Are you people sure it will be a gen 5 game :\ ? It may have been said its a RPG but it could just be a hoenn remake or somthing, maybe a new region but no new gen 5 pokemon (except maybe zoroark and zorua events or somthing?)... Though, I guess it would make more sence its gen 5 but every gen of pokemon has had its own console :\
    Gen 1 = Gameboy (nintendo handheld Gen 1)
    Gen 2 = Gameboy colour (Ninetendo handheld Gen 2)
    Gen 3 = Gameboy advance (Nintendo Handheld Gen 3)
    Gen 4 = Ds (Nintendo Handheld Gen 4)
    Ya see? It just wouldnt be very traditional... or nostalgic? But, it is the DS's 5 year anniversary so maybe gen 5 will um, celebrate that?

Consoles don't matter that much in a "generation".gold and silver were compatible with the original game boy too.same might be the case with the new games.They will be for DS but will also run on DS's successor and the Third version might be only for DS's successor (like crystal was only for GBC)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    A thought just hit me... You weren't able to trade anything between gen 1-2 and 3-4... Refered to as Game Freaks biggest failure ever by some... If gen five will be compable with gen four (which it SHOULD), then they would kinda be covering this dark hole, by letting people trade (to some point atleast, like Pal Park) between HGSS and (insert letters here)R(<)S... Awsum :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Consoles don't matter that much in a "generation".gold and silver were compatible with the original game boy too.same might be the case with the new games.They will be for DS but will also run on DS's successor and the Third version might be only for DS's successor (like crystal was only for GBC)
    No they were not, im sure of it! The Gameboy colour and gameboy are two different consoles. Gold and silver were made for the gameboy colour, the sprites, features etc would not work for the gameboy :\ Its like saying platinum can work on a gba :\ The carts are different as well!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    No, GS could work on the GB, just like about every other GBC game. The GBC was the second remake of the GB (GBP was the first). GBC carts can be read by the GB, they will just be in black and white. Crystal was GBC exclusive for certain reasons. But that's just like if HGSS had been DSi exclusive.

That's why shiny Pokemon shine, so that GB players will know they're shiny.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back