• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I actually prefer Sony and Microsoft console-wise. They put out a normal and a slim of every console (PSP has only two versions and they play all games; the only thing that differs is hard-drive for one of them, and firmware for some of the newer versions on the market, but it's the same console). There are five Nintendo DSs that do substantially different things / have different functions. One has better lighting and a better stylus, another has a huge screen, another allows internet downloads and functionalities among other things like a bigger screen, and now a 3D one... Just get the console right the first time lol.

As said, and so did a few before, I'm not buying a 3DS unless Zelda comes out on it - and even then, Zelda in 3D? I'm not liking that idea either.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    I actually prefer Sony and Microsoft console-wise. They put out a normal and a slim of every console (PSP has only two versions and they play all games; the only thing that differs is hard-drive for one of them, and firmware for some of the newer versions on the market, but it's the same console). There are five Nintendo DSs that do substantially different things / have different functions. One has better lighting and a better stylus, another has a huge screen, another allows internet downloads and functionalities among other things like a bigger screen, and now a 3D one... Just get the console right the first time lol.

As said, and so did a few before, I'm not buying a 3DS unless Zelda comes out on it - and even then, Zelda in 3D? I'm not liking that idea either.
    lol. wrong, psp also has 4 versions so far. psp 1000, psp 2000, psp 3000 and psp go. u can say that the ds has one more version, but that aint true either. By the sounds of the article on gamespot and Nikkei, the 3ds is a next gen console, and might not even be called a 3ds. think of it as a new console which can also play ds games. So there are practically the same number of ds' to psps.
    Im not too fond of the 3d idea either. especially after seeing it on peoples phones in japan and hearing about the virtual boy. But if they play it right, there will b an option of turning the 3d off. If that aint possible, people would start sueing nintendo for making them get bad eyesight lol
    and u not liking so many pokemon is ur opinion.
    The only problem i have with so many pokemon is trying to make up my mind on which one to use in my party XD
    i guess pokemon r like animals in the real world. If there were only 500 differant species on Earth then we have a bit of a problem.......XD....idk. mayb they're not meant to be compared.
    But I'm all up 4 another 100 pokemon! XD

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well last time i checked, this isn't a 3ds thread, but to put everyones worries to rest-
    It's not going to be for the 3ds and the 3ds only- the 3ds can play normal DS games and the same backwards- the 3ds just has an advance screen

Oh and staying on topic myself:
    i'm going to come out and ad to my other list of things that would be cool
    just one thing
    realistic towns and houses

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    @Hamilton
    how do u know gen 5 is not going to b only 4 the 3ds?
    its still kinda hard to judge if the 3ds is just a differant ds or a new handheld with just the information we've been given. But its more likely to b the next gen handheld meaning that the 3ds would hav its own games, and pokemon could b 1 of them.
    But hey, u might hav some source of information that i dont hav.

I would love to see the return of secret bases around the region like in rse!
    somebody pointed out having more transportations like scooters.
    Thatll b sick!
    one thing that would b cool, is that u can ride on ur pokemon,
    but that aint too likely to happen.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    @Hamilton
    its still kinda hard to judge if the 3ds is just a differant ds or a new handheld with just the information we've been given. But its more likely to b the next gen handheld meaning that the 3ds would hav its own games, and pokemon could b 1 of them.

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html
    Is there an English version for this? Anyways, it says it is planned to be released this year on the DS. But some people are afraid Nintendo will delay it again. I'm sure that won't happen though.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    @Hamilton

I would love to see the return of secret bases around the region like in rse!
    somebody pointed out having more transportations like scooters.
    Thatll b sick!
    one thing that would b cool, is that u can ride on ur pokemon,
    but that aint too likely to happen.

because 3DS is just another upgrade of the DS that can play all DS games
    On topic reply- Def Scooters- gotta love the scooters :D
    and they do riding on your pokemon in ranger- i don't see why not here- maybe this new game- or maybe in one of the future installments- i see it happening

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    because 3DS is just another upgrade of the DS that can play all DS games
    On topic reply- Def Scooters- gotta love the scooters :D
    and they do riding on your pokemon in ranger- i don't see why not here- maybe this new game- or maybe in one of the future installments- i see it happening

It's not just another upgrade. It's considered a full blown new handheld, the follow up to the DS. It's not just an upgrade like the Lite and DXL or whatever.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    5th gen expectations

well now that 2 of the 5th gen pokes have been revealed what do you expect for the series. what pokemon do you think will evolve? will there be new types like when gold silver and crystal were released? (dark and steel for those that either werent around or didnt pay enough attention then =/) and most importantly of all will you even play the game(s)?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ummm, there is a thread for 5th gen discussion, but whatever! I'm expecting it to be good, and honestly I don't see any new types (honestly only new one I could think of is light), but maybe some new combinations (steel/ground, grass/steel..water/fire..lol) and some new customizable things too hopefully. Nintendo said Gen. 5 will be completely different so maybe that means a new way to evolve, catch, and train pkmn. I'd like for an enhanced version of fly (as in you control your pkmn while flying and have view of anything below u), harder gyms/trainers, the return of dive as an hm, more things to do after beating pkmn league, and some cool pokemon really! It should be good. I mean w/ HG/SS out I'm sure they'll implement the increased use of touch screen, pkmn follow u, and maybe apricorns into the new gen. I'll definitely be playing the 5th generation, even if it comes out horrible I'll probably still like it since it's well...pokemon.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    The person above me said everything that was needed to be said.

Anyways, I hope they don't change the style of game too much in 5th GEN.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html
    Is there an English version for this? Anyways, it says it is planned to be released this year on the DS. But some people are afraid Nintendo will delay it again. I'm sure that won't happen though.
    Sick thanks. its rly hard to judge atm if they would delay it or not. i mean with the lack of information thats given, i would think there would b a delay, but if there was, it would probably come out after the 3ds.
    O well, not sure. I guess we'll just hav to wait until april 15th 4 more info.
    @hamilton
    yeh, ranger was sort of where the idea came from. But in that there isnt many pokemon u can ride on, i only remember doduo.
    A whole new game means a whole new set of starters....if they rnt as fail as the 4th gen then that will b awesome!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I'm not sure if the 3DS is a next gen console or just an upgraded version of the DS (I've been off the Internet for a few days and this topic is the first I'm reading of it), but I highly doubt Gen V won't be on the DS.

1. They're not going to change what it was made for at this point. Pokemon takes a long time to develop and it's first party, it's not like the 3DS snuck up on them.
    2. Pokemon is never a launch title, not even close. The console's API isn't finalised long enough for something with the development time of Pokemon.
    3. They've released Pokemon games on consoles that have already been surpassed before.

@Yusshin:

There have been three PSPs versus four DSs (and correct me if I'm wrong, but only three have been released so far, haven't they?). Many PS3s, Xbox 360s, etc. and only one Wii (unless you count colour swaps, but really?).

Of course Nintendo are trying to make money. That's what companies do. It's not like Nintendo is overly greedy, they're well known for tending to their fans.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    I for one would like to see the end of static sprites, and the introduction of rendered 3d animations in battle, or atleast 2.5d animated sprites (and i wouldn't consider the sprites we have now to be truly animated, i mean 2 frames woohoo).

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    5th gen won't be on 3DS unless there is a major delay. Hopefully we'll get a silouette or two and maybe even the game names in april.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I for one would like to see the end of static sprites, and the introduction of rendered 3d animations in battle, or atleast 2.5d animated sprites (and i wouldn't consider the sprites we have now to be truly animated, i mean 2 frames woohoo).

I'd like them to continue with the sprites, but as you said do more with the animation. Maybe make some animations more unique to certain sprites too, like the battle animations. Different variations of certain moves and such. As I see it, that's really the only place they're lacking when it comes to doing something fresh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back