• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    As much as it is true that it's a metagame thing, past bulky steels will still dominate the new poison moves. I don't really want a new type but I don't see this fully solving the problem. Though in reality it's not really that big of a problem. Decreasing Steel types in the metagame could just be a matter of introducing better Dragon killers in the next generation. Poison just needs some kind of love...somehow...

You're right, new type combinations are probably the key but I don't see them really using their Poison STAB unless more Grass types are introduced...which will cause more Fire...which will cause less Steels but even more Bulky Waters...endless cycle. :P

This is the main reason why I want a Komodo Dragon Poison/Fire type... or something as strategic as Shoddys Poison/Ground type...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    this may ruin the pokemon, but i think it would b nice to have an additional space for attack, so a pokemon can have upto 5 attacks.
    sometimes it annoyed me that there was such a limited number. with the movelist being so huge now, i feel pokemon should b able to know more moves. imo
    people keep on saying there should b more types... but what else could there be? i rly dont like the idea of light type as it would just be too similar to normal type and the light attacks sound... silly. does anybody hav any ideas 4 another type?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would love to see and Ocelot --> Cheetah line with electric typing and super fast speed. (taking Jolteon off it's pedestal... only with Attack instead of Special Attack)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    there should be more monkey pokemon- and not suckish ones- like a ground type gorilla or another Normal type monkey or something- i also like the ocelot idea

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    I'd love it if the regional villains stole your Pokemon, and the Champion loaned you the new psuedo-legendary to take them down. Something along the lines of that would be amazing.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I'd love it if the regional villains stole your Pokemon, and the Champion loaned you the new psuedo-legendary to take them down. Something along the lines of that would be amazing.

sounds like a cool idea, obs after you recover yours then you'd have to give the champs Pokemon back.....
    although, then you'd know the champs party, so, he could be loaning you a different reserve party

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    The Ground-type Gorilla idea is pure awesomeness. Might as well make it Ground/Fighting while they're at it. What I'd like to see in the new series is this:
    1. Only one pre-evo, if at all. I'd give it to Skarmory or maybe Stantler, either one would be cute.
    2. Three evos of old pokemon - Dunsparce, Qwilfish and either Swalot or Luvdisc (good God I hope they do something to make poor Luvdisc less pitiful).
    3. A grass starter that isn't bright green. I don't know, it's just getting old. I'd go for a woody theme, like Shiftry but perhaps darker and make a battering ram tree or something.
    4. More fire types! Gen 4 really skimped on those, not that there were many to start with anyway.
    5. Fewer new legendaries, and the return of some of the old ones instead. Please? Recycling, people.
    6. A grass-type that can be caught in the wild in four forms - grass/water for rainy 'spring', grass/fire for hot 'summer', grass/electric for stormy 'autumn', and grass/ghost for lifeless 'winter'. Each form could evolve into the evo of either it's own 'season' or the next with the right stone :D It'd be cool!
    7. A new way to evolve - when two specific pokemon are traded simultaneously from one system to the other while holding the same specific item. Do this for Plusle/Minun, and they'll both evolve into something (at least slightly) better when they're traded one for the other :D
    8. Only one Dragon type, but make it Dragon/Fire /Ice or /Electric.
    9. Only one fossil that either does not evolve (like Aero) or evolves twice. Could be an extinct large mammal now (Andrewsarchus? Sabertooth?), make it Rock/Poison or even Ground/Poison
    10. NO PIKACHU RIPOFFS (GF seems to find them hard to resist) unless it's the awesome PlusleMinun evo thingy.
    11. Something to make Poison a little less UU.

And that's about it. Thanks for reading if anyone did :}

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    I'm cool with 2 for a change. 3 would probably be too much though. :P

Actually, didn't Generation 3 have 2 pseudo legendaries? (Metagross and Salamence).

Anyways, here's my new list of things I want in Gen 5

- An uber Plusle, Minun, and Shuckle evolution.
    - A pseudo-legendary Poison/Flying or Poison/Dragon type. The Poison type defiantly needs some love!
    - A big tropical area with A LOT of new Fire types.
    - A haunted tower with A LOT of new Ghost types.

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    Ok, I know that this has probably been brought up about twenty times in this thread, but who else thinks that the Dark/Psychic/Fighting chain will be added to the 5th Generation? Honestly, I think it would be fun, it would be a change, and I definitely wouldn't mind it. Share your thoughts on this, whether you think it should/should not be this way. :D

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    in another thread someone said something about being a co-ordinater(contests only) or pokeathlete(pokeathlon only) or breeder(not sure what this would involve and i don't wat to O.O) instead of trainer. that would be epic

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Actually, didn't Generation 3 have 2 pseudo legendaries? (Metagross and Salamence).

Anyways, here's my new list of things I want in Gen 5

- An uber Plusle, Minun, and Shuckle evolution.
    - A pseudo-legendary Poison/Flying or Poison/Dragon type. The Poison type defiantly needs some love!
    - A big tropical area with A LOT of new Fire types.
    - A haunted tower with A LOT of new Ghost types.

~Prof. W.

Oh yes >_< I always forget about Metagross. I still think 3 would be overkill though. :P And btw, love your list.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    The Ground-type Gorilla idea is pure awesomeness. Might as well make it Ground/Fighting while they're at it. What I'd like to see in the new series is this:
    1. Only one pre-evo, if at all. I'd give it to Skarmory or maybe Stantler, either one would be cute.
    2. Three evos of old pokemon - Dunsparce, Qwilfish and either Swalot or Luvdisc (good God I hope they do something to make poor Luvdisc less pitiful).
    3. A grass starter that isn't bright green. I don't know, it's just getting old. I'd go for a woody theme, like Shiftry but perhaps darker and make a battering ram tree or something.
    4. More fire types! Gen 4 really skimped on those, not that there were many to start with anyway.
    5. Fewer new legendaries, and the return of some of the old ones instead. Please? Recycling, people.
    6. A grass-type that can be caught in the wild in four forms - grass/water for rainy 'spring', grass/fire for hot 'summer', grass/electric for stormy 'autumn', and grass/ghost for lifeless 'winter'. Each form could evolve into the evo of either it's own 'season' or the next with the right stone :D It'd be cool!
    7. A new way to evolve - when two specific pokemon are traded simultaneously from one system to the other while holding the same specific item. Do this for Plusle/Minun, and they'll both evolve into something (at least slightly) better when they're traded one for the other :D
    8. Only one Dragon type, but make it Dragon/Fire /Ice or /Electric.
    9. Only one fossil that either does not evolve (like Aero) or evolves twice. Could be an extinct large mammal now (Andrewsarchus? Sabertooth?), make it Rock/Poison or even Ground/Poison
    10. NO PIKACHU RIPOFFS (GF seems to find them hard to resist) unless it's the awesome PlusleMinun evo thingy.
    11. Something to make Poison a little less UU.

And that's about it. Thanks for reading if anyone did :}

Yes, yes . Something real ! :D :D

1. Why one ? Hoenn was epic fail because it had little connections with previous regions . I think that Pokemon like Mantine family should receive their last 'evo .
    2. Yes, the Johto one-evos were totally neglected, with Pokemon like Roselia getting the attention instead . Make an evo' for Skarmory, people !! I wanna use it ! :P
    3. Something based on a tree or something . A branch which evolves into a bigger branch which becomes a tree ! UberAwesome loll ! -Also, not Shiftry clone ...
    4. I really love fire types, mostly because they're getting extinct ... we need more until they die ... :(
    5. Sinnoh really killed the legendary idea . I'd like to see less legendary Pokemon involved . That's going to make them more special ! :)
    6. Like Castform, but for times of the year . The DS has an internal calendar anyways . Also, a Pokemon which changes forms based on the time of the day .
    7. Minun and Plusle really deserve that . To render these useable !
    8. Yep . As the special Dragon idea is also getting killed ... :-(
    9. Fossils were quite neglected, with little Pokemon from them . I'd like to see more Pokemon fossils this time around ...
    10. I HATE THE YELLOW FOREST !! It is also just another ripoff for us to love rats . Stop it GF, we had enough of this !
    11. I don't have anything to do with this, but meh ...

I hope that more people quote quality posts about our new generation ! :-)

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    in another thread someone said something about being a co-ordinater(contests only) or pokeathlete(pokeathlon only) or breeder(not sure what this would involve and i don't wat to O.O) instead of trainer. that would be epic

yeah.. i want this... ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back