• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really have this good feeling that the new games are going to be Amber and Jade... Amber will probably be based on a bug type Pokemon (legendary) and the trio should be based on Dinosaurs. Jade could possibly be a more futuristic Pokemon... idk but I'm sure they're gonna do Amber + Jade. I hope so.

From Poliwrath on FameFaqs
    Pokemon Jade
    Pokemon Amber

Jade follows the story of a mischievous team (Team Jade) that are attempting to create a legendary Pokemon that will enable them to rule the world, using an enchanted jade that was stole from the lair of a legendary ancient Pokemon that has been left in peace and slumber for thousands of years. The good guys are Team Amber who believe that creating Pokemon is wrong, and that nature is the only thing that can create new life. They believe in preserving fossils and the resurrection of old Pokemon that have died out because of human fault.

Amber follows the story of Team Amber, who are attempting to resurrect a huge legendary Pokemon from strands of its DNA found in amber, which was stole from the lair of the ancient Pokemon. Team Jade are the good guys because they believe that Pokemon that have died out should be left in peace, and that this new Pokemon could cause all sorts of disasters, and do Team Amber's evil bidding for them. They believe only in finding or creating new Pokemon.

Pokemon Topaz
    This would be the third counterpart, like Platinum. It would follow the story of the battles between Team Amber & Team Jade, and how you and the professor think that what they're doing is wrong, and you attempt to stop them from stealing the amber and jades from the ancient Pokemon's lair, but you somehow end up waking it up and causing it to battle with you. Team Jade and Team Amber get away and manage to create 2 huge legendary Pokemon, which in turn you then battle also.

The main legendary of Pokemon Jade would be "Jadelgu" or something like that, a legendary Jade Pokemon created by Team Jade, that you would catch, and you could not catch the Amber Pokemon. In Amber, you can catch "Amberaldo" or something like that, the legendary Amber Pokemon resurrected by Team Amber, that you could catch, and you could not catch the Jade Pokemon. In both of these versions, after catching the legendary, you could then catch the Ancient Sleeping Pokemon, "Topazia". In Topaz, you would catch Topazia first, and then catch the other two in turn.
    Jadelgu would be a huge white/green dragon (ROCK/DRAGON). Jades are often crafted into model Dragons in oriental cultures.
    Amberaldo would be similar to a huge Dinosaur (ROCK/GROUND), representing a creature resurrected that was trapped in Amber thousands of years ago.
    The Ancient Pokemon would be something ancient, like a sphinx perhaps? Probably ROCK/Something too.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

This is crazy, i thought of the whole artificial (modern)/ natural (ancient) thing too... its a really good Idea... only for the 3rd installment I would use Amethyst.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ohhh, it'd be nice if after you completed this game you could go through Sinnoh/Hoenn/Johto/Kanto and collect every single Pokemon there was. WITHOUT TRADING! All Pokemon would be available to catch.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    omg noobs always have to say "Hey a how about a game with all the regions!" there will never be a game that has that as it would take out pal park and other things.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hey! I was one of those noobs at one point... and I'm sure you were too at one point XD! JK, but really

anyway, If not Jade and Amber versions... I want Black and White.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, no... everyone says that but they are obviously not related or similar other than the fact they they are a 2-staged family and were revealed before their generations were.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    ^About less then half a percent of people would think that.
    Yes, but they're the ones that can shout really loud. There was that whole problem with Jynx, and remember that Nintendo are so conservative they don't even allow Porygon anywhere near the anime anymore (even though that seizure thing was Pikachu's fault). I doubt they'll suddenly turn around as say "they're just word, stop whining" - particularly as the whining minority are the people who never listen to reason, ever (we all know that's true).

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Okay guys, I've had to delete the above posts that were going off-topic and inducing a bit of racism. I know that you might have a dire feeling or impulse to talk about a particular matter but lets keep things on-topic, eh? If you do want to further this discussion, I'm sure you can make a thread in Other Chat (as long as it's not too extreme.)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    What else should there be in Gen V? hmmm, I actually want the Sea Kingdom Samiya in there, it may be an Anime location but it was flippin' beautiful, it'd be really nice to visit the place in game, it could even be like Mirage island on RSE, only appearing on certain days, and only when you have the correct Pokemon in your party.

I also want a change to the League system, there need to be other Trainers challenging the Elite 4, not just you.

EDIT: Also, they need some PKMN Mystery Dungeon style music in the main series, I just finished listening to the Hidden Land music and I want more music like it.

Last edited:

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i actually think it'd be cool if you could watch other trainers battle in the game

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    What else should there be in Gen V? hmmm, I actually want the Sea Kingdom Samiya in there
    That actually gave me an idea, what about an underwater city (Atlantis?) in the 5th gen region. It could be Sootopolis's counterpart. I think that would be pretty cool. Also I want my pokemon to be able to climb up tall trees. (lightbulb just came on)

Erm okay, for the Hoenn remakes in fortree city you know how it is known for its treehouses right? well how about the treehouses be up in the super tall trees? You need a HM, TM, or key item, to climb up the tall trees to get to the actual Fortree City. And it will look supa cool when its in 3D. Im just brainstorming here lol.

Also I think its time that we have alternative gyms. If you recall an episode in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Barry showed Ash his badges and some of them were different from the ones that were in the game. There should be alternative gym badges in the same region.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Also I think its time that we have alternative gyms. If you recall an episode in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Barry showed Ash his badges and some of them were different from the ones that were in the game. There should be alternative gym badges in the same region.

Or maybe, it could be that you get an alternate badge for beating gym leaders a second time during an official match, basically like Silver and Gold Prints at the Battle Frontier.

and also, we need secret bases from RSE back, seriously.

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
    I just think we need a good, unique city. Maybe something like a city that always sees the moon? Naw....ALTLANTIS? UNDERWATER CITY?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really have this good feeling that the new games are going to be Amber and Jade... Amber will probably be based on a bug type Pokemon (legendary) and the trio should be based on Dinosaurs. Jade could possibly be a more futuristic Pokemon... idk but I'm sure they're gonna do Amber + Jade. I hope so.

Pokemon Jade
    Pokemon Amber

Jade follows the story of a mischievous team (Team Jade) that are attempting to create a legendary Pokemon that will enable them to rule the world, using an enchanted jade that was stole from the lair of a legendary ancient Pokemon that has been left in peace and slumber for thousands of years. The good guys are Team Amber who believe that creating Pokemon is wrong, and that nature is the only thing that can create new life. They believe in preserving fossils and the resurrection of old Pokemon that have died out because of human fault.

Amber follows the story of Team Amber, who are attempting to resurrect a huge legendary Pokemon from strands of its DNA found in amber, which was stole from the lair of the ancient Pokemon. Team Jade are the good guys because they believe that Pokemon that have died out should be left in peace, and that this new Pokemon could cause all sorts of disasters, and do Team Amber's evil bidding for them. They believe only in finding or creating new Pokemon.

Pokemon Topaz
    This would be the third counterpart, like Platinum. It would follow the story of the battles between Team Amber & Team Jade, and how you and the professor think that what they're doing is wrong, and you attempt to stop them from stealing the amber and jades from the ancient Pokemon's lair, but you somehow end up waking it up and causing it to battle with you. Team Jade and Team Amber get away and manage to create 2 huge legendary Pokemon, which in turn you then battle also.

The main legendary of Pokemon Jade would be "Jadelgu" or something like that, a legendary Jade Pokemon created by Team Jade, that you would catch, and you could not catch the Amber Pokemon. In Amber, you can catch "Amberaldo" or something like that, the legendary Amber Pokemon resurrected by Team Amber, that you could catch, and you could not catch the Jade Pokemon. In both of these versions, after catching the legendary, you could then catch the Ancient Sleeping Pokemon, "Topazia". In Topaz, you would catch Topazia first, and then catch the other two in turn.
    Jadelgu would be a huge white/green dragon (ROCK/DRAGON). Jades are often crafted into model Dragons in oriental cultures.
    Amberaldo would be similar to a huge Dinosaur (ROCK/GROUND), representing a creature resurrected that was trapped in Amber thousands of years ago.
    The Ancient Pokemon would be something ancient, like a sphinx perhaps? Probably ROCK/Something too.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

This is crazy, i thought of the whole artificial (modern)/ natural (ancient) thing too... its a really good Idea... only for the 3rd installment I would use Amethyst.

That sounds like it could be a pretty sweet storyline. I like the whole good and bad teams, unlike what we've seen in the past with just bad guys as a team.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i'd love them to bring back dive and have a "Dive City" (maybe like that one Pokemon movie who's name i don't feel like remembering with the pirate dude)
    and also- I think it's about time for a Female Professor
    also what will be this regions professors specialty?
    we had
    Oak studies the relationships between Pokémon and humans
    Elm studies Pokémon breeding patterns
    Birch who studies Pokémon habitats
    Rowanwho studies Pokémon evolution
    and _____ who studies ________
    what are your thoughts?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Pokemon Jade
    Pokemon Amber

Pokemon Topaz

I know we often disagreed on the light type in the past (god no one bring it up) but I really adore this idea. Poliwrath's idea is pretty siick too but I like your take on it alittle better. Super bug/dinosaur legends for the win!! I'm going to be so dissapointed if none of this comes true. :(

That actually gave me an idea, what about an underwater city (Atlantis?) in the 5th gen region. It could be Sootopolis's counterpart. I think that would be pretty cool. Also I want my pokemon to be able to climb up tall trees. (lightbulb just came on)

This gave me an idea. HGSS kind of touches on it with the Arceus event that lets you go "off the map" if you will to the Shinto ruins. It'd be kind of cool if you could go back to some/all regions except not the region in it's entirety. If say they made an Atlantis type city that is a sister city to Sootopolis. They could have intertwining histories, and maybe some sort of event happens in the new games that's (kind of) related to wha happened between Groudon and Kyrogue in Sootopolis. So you then have to travel to Sootopolis to learn how to solve the problem that Generation V city faces. Would you be able to travel to the rest of Hoenn? Nah. But you'd still get to go back and enjoy alittle bit of it. Maybe you could travel the Ocean of Hoenn but for some reason The way to Lilycove is blocked off and you have limited access. I think it'd be pretty cool and GREAT foreshadow for a Generation III remake!!

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    i'd love them to bring back dive and have a "Dive City" (maybe like that one Pokemon movie who's name i don't feel like remembering with the pirate dude)
    and also- I think it's about time for a Female Professor
    also what will be this regions professors specialty?
    we had
    Oak studies the relationships between Pokémon and humans
    Elm studies Pokémon breeding patterns
    Birch who studies Pokémon habitats
    Rowanwho studies Pokémon evolution
    and _____ who studies ________
    what are your thoughts?

I think that the professor should be Professor Cedar (female) who studies Pokemon history.

I would also like to revisit Hoenn or Sinnoh, with many natural features changed. For instance-

- All of Hoenn's water routes dried up after warming temperatures (Yay!)
    - Sinnoh has flooded partially after tides and hurricanes.
    - Mt. Coronet was destroyed as a result of this.
    - Snowpoint City was deserted after severe flooding and snowstorms, and the Snowpoint Gym moved to Celestic Town.
    - Dewford Town expanded greatly, and became an extremely tropical town.

~Prof. W.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back