• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Wobbuffet evo? It's already uber why does it need an evolution. I think a Steelix evolution would be nice, to give it a little twist.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    On the whole "generation" term, technically it refers to the system. The 4 generations being

Generation I: GB (Red, Blue, Yellow)
    Generation II: GBC (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
    Generation III: GBA (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FRLG)
    Generation IV: DS (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HGSS)

Since the new games are said to be released on the DS, it's still technically a Generation IV game, but its the 5th Wave of pokemon. Waves being when a completely new set of pokemon. I made everything up about waves, it's my own term but is true about the use of the word "Generation".

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Because you're killing the hype. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone "attacking" you...

It's possible that it's not Gen5, but it's more likely that it is, judging from the information given. Game Freak's participation, new Pokemon, it's an RPG, it aims to surpass every Pokemon game up till now... If it's not, I will be rather surprised.

yeah try having 2/3 people replying on the same quote, oh I'm sorry if I am lol chill out, hype is still there ;]

We're not saying you don't think it will be a new generation. We're saying that what you think a new generation is, is way off. You seem to think that generations are what Nintendo and GameFreak categorise Pokemon games into. They don't, fans do.

I may stand incorrect about the whole thing nintendo coming out and saying its 5th gen =) I do however believe there's 0000.1% chance these could be other games as we have so little info about the games, I don't wanna get my hopes up too high as I've done before and getting let down. I'm playing it down.

Now I wonder if anyone's gona quote back to my 0000.1% doubtful mind. lol Lets just say I'm 99.0009% convinced that these are 5th gen games, new land, new pokemon, stating fresh new series since d/p, game freak director and nintendo jp mentioning these in their sites.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    On the whole "generation" term, technically it refers to the system. The 4 generations being

Generation I: GB (Red, Blue, Yellow)
    Generation II: GBC (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
    Generation III: GBA (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FRLG)
    Generation IV: DS (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HGSS)

Since the new games are said to be released on the DS, it's still technically a Generation IV game, but its the 5th Wave of pokemon. Waves being when a completely new set of pokemon. I made everything up about waves, it's my own term but is true about the use of the word "Generation".

The GBC is just a remake of the GB. Same idea as with the DS and DSi.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Did what happen? Them make a new generation? They don't have to make a new generation for every console remake...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say. The DSi is probably a test, the real console will come out later this year...just you wait.

That would be a horrible thing, then the DSi XL would just be another Gameboy Micro only made for opposite purposes. I don't see the point in another console, DSi is perfectly fine. If you own a regular DS or a Lite you might think a new console is required but once you get a DSi it's like a whole different thing altogether.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

But GSC were created to be used with GBC i mind, though it could be used on the original. The two systems had obvious differences in graphics.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Both Gen I and Gen II were on Gameboy, so it's not 1 Gen per console... I doubt that a new console will be released in this short of time anyway. Then again, I have been wrong before.

I've only had my DSi for a little while now though, so I really dislike the idea of an entirely new handheld by Nintendo.

Years
    Excuse me, I'm not some dumb n00b who doesn't know whats going on. Chances are I've read this info before you ;]

well you sure do sound like one. ;) and i highly doubt that

the way i see it the games will either be a new 5th generation of pokemon, or DS remakes of hoenn. And gamefreak has never released new pokemon for an old region. for instance, when pokemon like togepi were revealed, they were given a new landmass with its own gyms elite four, etc, same with hoenn and sinnoh. So, new pokemon= new region= new generation.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Has anyone noticed the coner of this question mark?
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    It looks like a new pokemon game logo. If you look closely its a star... Pokemon Star Version? Its possible

Not realy, Game boy and gameboy pocket yes...
    The gameboy colour had different carterages and everything!!! Thats like saying gameboy advence is just a small upgrade of gameboy.... :\

Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say. The DSi is probably a test, the real console will come out later this year...just you wait.
    In between 1-12 month release? Give me a break. They have already announced they are making a new pokemon game but not for a new console? Why would they annoced the game before the announced console? D&P was not released till like a year after the DS release :\ Your going a bit too far. There may be a new game with new pokemon but that does not mean its gonna be on a new console

Both Gen I and Gen II were on Gameboy, so it's not 1 Gen per console... I doubt that a new console will be released in this short of time anyway. Then again, I have been wrong before.

I've only had my DSi for a little while now though, so I really dislike the idea of an entirely new handheld by Nintendo.
    Gen 2 was on the gameboy colour... did not work for the gameboy. Gameboy and gameboy colour are two compelatly different consoles...

Im not sure if i want the new games on a new console... It would be cool.... and i wasnt stupid enough to buy a dsi when i already have a ds lite... The dsi ware is an EPIC FAIL!!!

Last edited:

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    This is gen 5. It's on the ds. DS's successor is being made. Gen 5 is not the last(creator said "many more", this could mean 10+gens). This is all confirmed by bulbapedia/serribi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back