• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Umm what the heck does that have to do with anything and how does it make Serebii full of himself. Those are there to inform people of some of the fake pokemon that people have made. I don't know how trying to keep people from believing false information is being full of yourself but ok.
    The majority of the fakes in that section were originally posted as 'news', despite there being no information on them from reputable sources, which is simple rumor mongering and not journalism.

I don't know about you, but I hope that the head of Something Awful doesn't translate for this game. I hated seeing "noob," "for the win," and "a winner is you" in DPPt.

Anyways, I hope to see a Pokemon the evolves into Solrock OR Lunatone, like Wurmple to Silcoon or Cascoon.

A dark type gym is needed, too.
    What made you think that the head of SA translated for the game? :\

And that would be an interesting take on Solrock and Lunatone...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Commenting on an above discussion. I like the idea of outdoor gyms, or at least them having different looks on the outside. I mean isn't Falkner's gym in HGSS way in the air, and I know some gym's require you to travel upwards alot. They obviously have space restrictions but they could spice it up a little bit. If it's a Bug Type gym the outside could look similiar to that of a Rainforest Cafe or something (:P).

That or the terrain could be part of the gym. If you have to climb some mountain with a few gym trainers only to find a hut at the top with the gym leader sitting there...that'd be awesome!!

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    My list of deman-*cough*-wants:

More Ghost-types:
    I want to see some more interesting combos, like a Ghost/Ground-type Zombie, or a Ghost/Fighting shadow boxer, or some kind of Water/Ghost kraken/cthulhu thing. There's so many legends to draw from with Ghosts that I feel are being greatly overlooked.

PS: I'd also like to see some kind of stitch-work, Jack Skellington kind of Ghost-type Eevee; Geisteon or something =DD

Ninetales to evolve into or simply become Fire/Ghost:
    Ok, the latter is less than likely, but c'mon! Foxfire FTW! I've always loved Ninetales, but I don't like mono-types, and I've also always been upset that she wasn't a ghost when she really should be!

An evolution for Houndoom:
    PLS KTHNX? And I don't want some stupid three headed Cerberus rip off; I want something that preferably just looks a little beefier than he already does, like the differences between him and Houndour.
    Ignoring the fact that he's one of my favorites, I have always genuinely thought that his stats were that of a poke that wasn't fully evolved. This reasoning led me to correctly guess some of the 3rd and 4th gen evolutions, and makes me think that Sableye and Mawhile among some others will evolve in gen 5.

Split HM's from the Movepool:
    For the love of cripes, I'm tired of using HM slaves! Yeah, maybe making HM's take up a moveslot added a challenge in gen 1, but it only stands as a annoyance since we figured out that we could use slaves.
    Seriously, it really doesn't add any challenge for me to grab Mr.Slave the Bibarel from my box and do some rock climbing; it just annoys the junk out of me. Something needs to be done here. I don't know what, but something.

Tauros and Miltank need a pre-evo:
    Yes. Low priority on my list since I don't like either of them, but they need a branching pre-evo calf that would evolve based on gender because it bothers me that they don't.

While they're at it, they can take the baby Kangaskhan out of its pouch (hey, they retconned Remoraid off of Mantine) and make it a stand-alone monster that evolves into Kangaskhan and some kind of male variant.

That's all I've got so far.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    I liked the Idea about the Gym being closed at night, (and by night I mean around 10 or 11ish) It would force players to do other things first, and explore a bit (as long as they made the towns a bit more exciting with a few more events) this would be the perfect time to add in extra side quests and maybe even throw in a few mini games, Helping people of the town, running a couple errands for them, looking for their lost pokemon etc. At least it would be a bit different from just plowing through Gyms, beating the Pokemon League within 2 days then getting bored of it. You could even make it so that some Gym leaders won't return to their Gym until you either help them with something I.e the Jasmine/Ampharos quest or until you've done something within town that makes you worthy enough to battle them.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I liked the Idea about the Gym being closed at night, (and by night I mean around 10 or 11ish) It would force players to do other things first, and explore a bit (as long as they made the towns a bit more exciting with a few more events) this would be the perfect time to add in extra side quests and maybe even throw in a few mini games, Helping people of the town, running a couple errands for them, looking for their lost pokemon etc. At least it would be a bit different from just plowing through Gyms, beating the Pokemon League within 2 days then getting bored of it. You could even make it so that some Gym leaders won't return to their Gym until you either help them with something I.e the Jasmine/Ampharos quest or until you've done something within town that makes you worthy enough to battle them.

Some good Ideas there. It would be nice for some extra side missions.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    A list

Kangakan Pre-evo like it's baby!
    Awesome plot!
    Mini Quests!
    Change your Trainer Outfit!
    Animation!
    Zoura/Zorark Not a event!
    Higher Shine rates!
    Awesome Moves!
    Better Gym Puzzles!
    More gyms!
    More towns like in the anime!
    And thats IT!

EDIT: Now i want some more:

A better Leauge such as tornaments or something!
    More NEW pokemon than evos!

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    New here, so hey! :D

Anyway, what I really hope they change is the entire Pokemon League. To me, it isn't a league but rather a corridor with 5 people that you have to battle. It was slightly epic in the first couple of Pokemon games, but it's getting rather old IMO and they could do so much more with it.

I'd rather have something similar to the anime, and the real world Olympics, where there's a Pokemon Village with other trainers and Pokemon, PokeMarts to buy supplies, souvenir stands and Pokemon Centres. It would make the whole place seem more alive. As for the actual League, I'd like something similar to a multi-stage tournament. You get positioned on the tournament map and work your way up, fighting randomly generated trainers along the way. This makes it different each time you revisit (sure this conflicts with how trainers are created in the game, but I'm sure it can't be that difficult to do?). Then once you reach the top, you fight the Champion. If they really want to make it interesting, they could have specific laws attached such as certain types, certain levels, certain number of Pokemon to use etc

It's probably asking way too much of them, but I would absolutely love something like that.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The new trailer makes me even more excited about this new movie and the next generation.

I wonder if this Celebi will be the same one from the previous movie.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years

Anyway, what I really hope they change is the entire Pokemon League. To me, it isn't a league but rather a corridor with 5 people that you have to battle. It was slightly epic in the first couple of Pokemon games, but it's getting rather old IMO and they could do so much more with it.

I'd rather have something similar to the anime, and the real world Olympics, where there's a Pokemon Village with other trainers and Pokemon, PokeMarts to buy supplies, souvenir stands and Pokemon Centres. It would make the whole place seem more alive. As for the actual League, I'd like something similar to a multi-stage tournament. You get positioned on the tournament map and work your way up, fighting randomly generated trainers along the way. This makes it different each time you revisit (sure this conflicts with how trainers are created in the game, but I'm sure it can't be that difficult to do?). Then once you reach the top, you fight the Champion. If they really want to make it interesting, they could have specific laws attached such as certain types, certain levels, certain number of Pokemon to use etc

It's probably asking way too much of them, but I would absolutely love something like that.

and after you defete the champion you fight the Elite Four? Y/Y?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Anyone else hoping for a Farfetch'd evolution?

ME ME ME ME!!! The first ever only flying type..cause what's more..Farfetch'd!! =D Puns. <3 I seriously want one though.

I mentioned previously about how tehy could incorporate terrain into gyms, this should definately be done for the elite 4. Actually I think I like it better for gyms but they should do something to add some extra oomf to the Elite 4.

As far as a tournament goes, I'm sure I'm not the only one in saying that the Battle Dome is my favourite Battle Frontier facility. After the Elite 4 there should be what I like the call, "The Champions Tournament" After a little while you could be invited to a tournament that hosts all the people to reach the title of Champion in all the regions. Yourself included. There you go and compete in an actual tournament. 32 entrants maybe... They could match your pokemon in level or have a set level (75/80 base? Possibly working there way up to 100 with each round). Either way, experience should be involved and not just for you but also your opponent. Battles would be 6 on 6 and after each round you'd have the chance to do...something. :P

Also based on how well you do in the tournament you start to gain...FANS!! You should gain fans as you collect badges as well. =D

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    The fans thing Waffle-San said remind me of Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, where your battles are spectated by a large group of fans that can through you items, or throw rocks, etc etc. It was a cool concept, and having groupies would be AWESOME!! Plus, it would be cool if you could have a WiFi tournament set-up, it might be tough with friend codes, maybe it could be like Brawl where it finds you a group, but on a larger scale.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Haha groupies sound siick! :P Though I just want to travel through the games and have random people that run up to me and go, "ZOMG ARE YOU TAKAYEE!!?!?! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BEAT BUG TRAINER NAT!! GAH!! HAVE A BERRY! BYE!!" Or something. :P There's a fanclub in Hoenn where people acknowledge your existance but adding to that concept would be awesome!

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Haha, and if the helper guy in the gym's was either a girl or a guy, opposite to your character, and had a HUUUGE crush on you, it would be so funny.

"Oh my god, your muscles look so big in that hat, oh, and don't use ice types, marry me... WHAT who said that I didnt say that um... um... just win for me please!!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back