• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I wasn't really refferring to your comments, so sorry if you took it that way. The first paragraph was for you. :P Your comments above did lead me to think of that, but it's more arguments that other people have mentioned that I though I would put to bed.

I agree, I mean I don't mind legendaries having such big roles, I think it's kind of cool that Pokemon can paly such a vital role. But thus saying, I don't think it's nessecary. I've always liked the concept of "protectors" and things like that. I do actually love the 3rd gen legendaries but mainly because of the way their story was portrayed in Emerald. If Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus were given a better involvement in the story, like that of Emerald, I'd probably love them too!! I think the biggest mistake with Arceus, is they made a god pokemon yet gave it zero meaning in the game. It's just an annoying event. =/
    yeah it had no point, story wise... i even think darkrai had more of a story... the boy... Arceus isn't all that powerful if you think about it i know people who have beaten one.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • yeah it had no point, story wise... i even think darkrai had more of a story... the boy... Arceus isn't all that powerful if you think about it i know people who have beaten one.

Exactly!! That's why I don't find Heatran pointless at all. (Just having two mountain climbs in one game was probably a little much...) My only wish for 5th gen. legends is that their either all incorporated into the story or the plot has nothing to do with any of them.

Years
  • Exactly!! That's why I don't find Heatran pointless at all. (Just having two mountain climbs in one game was probably a little much...) My only wish for 5th gen. legends is that their either all incorporated into the story or the plot has nothing to do with any of them.
    i like heatran it's quite powerful if you train it correctly, by all incorporated you mean all legendaries fit into a specific plot right and revolve around it... would that include the event legendaries...
    I have been thinking you know how they put all the legendaries not avalible in DPPt in HG or SS well they would have to do that with MRSA when they come out you know how many legends will be in the hoenn remakes if the put all the legendaries from gen 1-4 in them... all i can say is that's a lot of legends.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I wasn't exactly saying Arceus was any god in particular, just a god in general. I and many others seem to like the legendaries that are not the title or storyline based for 4th gen because they aren't so big and might and god-like, but more guardian like and rare and powerful. I find it strange that the post-pokemon league legendaries are so much more powerful than Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. In fact, I feel as if they butchered Giratina by making him a title pokemon. I remember catching him in Pearl at level 70, and I loved him. None of my friends even heard of him and I felt so BA. But then Platinum came along and he was so much weaker and less rare really. It felt kind of like when you like a song, but then it gets popular and everyone likes it.

i like heatran it's quite powerful if you train it correctly, by all incorporated you mean all legendaries fit into a specific plot right and revolve around it... would that include the event legendaries...
    I have been thinking you know how they put all the legendaries not avalible in DPPt in HG or SS well they would have to do that with MRSA when they come out you know how many legends will be in the hoenn remakes if the put all the legendaries from gen 1-4 in them... all i can say is that's a lot of legends.

Well, by the time the Hoenn remakes come out the DS may be outdated, but they'll probably be a Pal Park like system if that's the case. You realize this is the first time two denerations and a remake have come out on the same system? That's awesome. If The 3rd gen remakes are made on the DS that will make it the most important handheld system to date in regards to pokemon and maybe even in Nintendo all together.

Last edited:

Years
  • I wasn't exactly saying Arceus was any god in particular, just a god in general. I and many others seem to like the legendaries that are not the title or storyline based for 4th gen because they aren't so big and might and god-like, but more guardian like and rare and powerful. I find it strange that the post-pokemon league legendaries are so much more powerful than Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. In fact, I feel as if they butchered Giratina by making him a title pokemon. I remember catching him in Pearl at level 70, and I loved him. None of my friends even heard of him and I felt so BA. But then Platinum came along and he was so much weaker and less rare really. It felt kind of like when you like a song, but then it gets popular and everyone likes it.
    I know people like that who like something until it's popular, i am also like that sometimes... maybe the reason your friends never heard of it was because of it's location...actually i want another pokemon like that only that, a legendary that's powerful but has a location that's hard to get to and this time it shouldn't be turn into the mascot of Grey or Rainbow,Brown,ect.

I wasn't exactly saying Arceus was any god in particular, just a god in general. I and many others seem to like the legendaries that are not the title or storyline based for 4th gen because they aren't so big and might and god-like, but more guardian like and rare and powerful. I find it strange that the post-pokemon league legendaries are so much more powerful than Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. In fact, I feel as if they butchered Giratina by making him a title pokemon. I remember catching him in Pearl at level 70, and I loved him. None of my friends even heard of him and I felt so BA. But then Platinum came along and he was so much weaker and less rare really. It felt kind of like when you like a song, but then it gets popular and everyone likes it.

Well, by the time the Hoenn remakes come out the DS may be outdated, but they'll probably be a Pal Park like system if that's the case. You realize this is the first time two denerations and a remake have come out on the same system? That's awesome. If The 3rd gen remakes are made on the DS that will make it the most important handheld system to date in regards to pokemon and maybe even in Nintendo all together.
    yeah but they still put all those legendaries into HGSS despite the pal park...

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I'm sure it's also been said before, but it would be nice to see some more alternate evolutions. These are good because it's a new evolved pokemon, but it doesn't affect the original evolution of that pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    I would love for the gyms to not be based on types, but rather themes.

You could have a beach gym for example, where the pokemon would range from water, ground, and flying.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Uhm, when will the next Corocoro scans come out again, I'm kind of starting to get tired of waiting now >:3

Hm.. I'd like them to reuse some of their old Pkmn that has been overseen nowadays.. The Drowzee fam, tauros, Lickitung darn you GF!!!... Altho when looking at the post-national-dex evolutions introduced in DPPt, I'm kinda starting to not like that idea.. Which do you prefer, giving old favorites new evos, orletting them be so they still can have a pure space in our hearts?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hey do any of you guys think that maybe these will be the last pokemon games for the DS and that the next games will be on the 3DS? Or do ya think 5th gen will stay on the ds?

Years
  • CoroCoro's out in just under 2 weeks.....
    and a Pokemon that controls Destiny, too overboard.
    Then it's a good thing i made a god of destiny in my story of gods...I like going overboard.
    I would like to see a baby cattle pre evo for milktank and tarus, when i went to the moo moo farm and saw all those milktank i thought they look so big, they would look adorable if they had a preevo,the male's would have little horns.

Hey do any of you guys think that maybe these will be the last pokemon games for the DS and that the next games will be on the 3DS? Or do ya think 5th gen will stay on the ds?
    i think they might really be the last games for the Ds, actually the reason i would buy these instead of waiting for the thrid version is that i don't want to buy a 3Ds if the thrid version is 3Ds only.Though i might buy one if the MRSA games are for the 3DS then maybe i should have waited for the thrid version...

Last edited:

shot571

i think they probably will. i think they meant revolution gameplay wise but only nintendo and game freak know. now if only some gf person would lose a prototype of black and white :p (not referring to the iphone event :p)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I remember reading somewhere this game is coming out on the DS. And the 3DS isn't coming out for another year or so I beleive, while this game is suspected to his America in the Fall or Winter.

Years
  • I remember reading somewhere this game is coming out on the DS. And the 3DS isn't coming out for another year or so I believe, while this game is suspected to his America in the Fall or Winter.
    wait do you mean it will come out next fall or winter here in the Americas (north and south) or do you mean it will come out in japan this fall or winter... it's hard to understand the last sentence, i hope if you mean the first thing this isn't true, because i want it to come out next spring like platinum and Soulsilver did.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • The game won't come out in the West until Spring 2011 :) As the Game is coming out on the DS in the Fall in Japan :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i dont think they are going to remake r/s because it was new to people. b/r/y and g/s/c werent new, they were old and gbc and most kids didnt have one when gba came out. they put fr/lg on gba so people new to pokemon could play the old versions, just like hg/ss

Years
  • i dont think they are going to remake r/s because it was new to people. b/r/y and g/s/c werent new, they were old and gbc and most kids didnt have one when gba came out. they put fr/lg on gba so people new to pokemon could play the old versions, just like hg/ss
    you have a point but still nintedo will make more money , plus i know a person who told me that kids now don't even Know about Hoenn poor poor kids... they don't know about the best region that ever existed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back