• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
Years

• gyms have to stay- BUT i think they should give us a choice on which path to follow (pokethlete, trainer, coordinator, etc.)
    That could be a GREAT alternative!

I don't see the game losing focus on the league system any time soon, just new ways to battle and play would be nice. I seriously think they need to change the way pokemon currently battle, the turn system was nice when the game was for gameboy and gameboy advance but the DS is powerful enough to add excitement.
    And watch Pokémon turn in a clone of the Paper Mario sagas? Come again D:
    The League System getting an overhaul is a pretty good idea, but the battle system? Oh Dear God, no thanks...

Also, here are the starter pictures (with credits from ZonaSafari.net) so you can make some avvies or siggies for yourself!
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

https://zonasafari.net/

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It'd be awesome that Tsutaaja's final evo would be Grass/Dragon; and it could be a good option; because he's a snake. The best starter in this generation, IMO.

i agree ^_^ definitely best idea

In my imagination I see that the final evo of the grass-starter is a huge grass lizard, with sharp, long leaves coming up from its back, with a lime-green color of its body, dark green on the leaves. Big, brown eyes, and a long green tail, with leaves with the same color as on its back, just smaller, darker leaves. Its head have a more orange-ish color, like mapple leaves at automn. Its claws are sharp, light green color.

THATS ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS O_O
    you completely altered the pokemons forme, no pokemon changes THAT much durin evolution
    (not countin water-types) not to mention orange head? O.o" seriously your jokin right?
    at most itll be yellow& green.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, they didn't show any Gym, and I don't see any Gym in the capital city, so if it isn't in the most important city from the region, it would be weird that they were present on other smaller and less-important cities...

Flapjack FTW =D
    Just wondering but where did it say it was the capital? Could you show me or tell me where i can read this... is it on Serebii... haven't read the whole thing yet...
    I think we should keep the gyms... I want 8 more gym leaders! If RSE do get remade, and I believe they will it would be way different compared to black and white for the new kids who get into pokemon this upcoming generation... they would be like what in the world is a gym leader... nah maybe they just think each game is radically different... which so far they haven't... well I say keep the gym leaders but make them more important... or maybe make them less important in the plot to shake things up a bit but still keep the badge method.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • Just wondering but where did it say it was the capital? Could you show me or tell me where i can read this... is it on Serebii... haven't read the whole thing yet...
    I think we should keep the gyms... I want 8 more gym leaders! If RSE do get remade, and I believe they will it would be way different compared to black and white for the new kids who get into pokemon this upcoming generation... they would be like what in the world is a gym leader... nah maybe they just think each game is radically different... which so far they haven't... well I say keep the gym leaders but make them more important... or maybe make them less important in the plot to shake things up a bit but still keep the badge method.

# Cuidad Hiun es la capital de la región Isshu
    En Cuidad Hiun, al parecer podrás usar otras camaras a parte de la rotatoria.
    Hinn City is the capital from Isshu's, At Hiun City, you can use another cameras apart from the rotational one.

https://pokebeach.com/
    Hiun City is Isshu's central city, pictured in the scans. "Hiun" means "bad luck" or "misfortune." It can also mean "clouds being blown by the wind."

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    A pokemon overhual is actually needed soon. Because the game franchise is getting old and sequels are starting to only come out with gimmicks or features. The only good thing about P/D was the online content. Most veteran players are already getting too bored of the games and that really isn't a good sign if gamefreak want's Pokemon to remain a hit.

I don't see the game losing focus on the league system any time soon, just new ways to battle and play would be nice. I seriously think they need to change the way pokemon currently battle, the turn system was nice when the game was for gameboy and gameboy advance but the DS is powerful enough to add excitement.

what should they do then? should it be something like the mystery dungeon style-battling where you can press buttons and they do a certain attack (maybe just tackle?) other than that 4 other moves they know? Or you press a button and for a limited amount of time they can use their special abilities upping the power of their moves or whatever it does? Hmmm, seems as if we haven't gotten into detail with this subject yet.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Quote:
    Hiun City is Isshu's central city, pictured in the scans. "Hiun" means "bad luck" or "misfortune." It can also mean "clouds being blown by the wind."

so will this region have some bad-luck type thing plaguing it? Possibly say an evil legendary that has released their wrath on the region with you needing to stop it by going through the game and getting past obstacles in the way? Maybe bring the concept of shadow pkmn over from XD: GOD? (notice how it spells GOD? :D)

ya i agree, if they completely change it ill facepalm

I think it just depends on how they change it. Like completely changing the battle system all of a sudden would create confusion and maybe even make hte games not as fun, but something that comes gradually as they release more and more games or as you progress in the main story of the game could work.

Last edited:

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
  • The League System getting an overhaul is a pretty good idea, but the battle system? Oh Dear God, no thanks...

Yes the battle system needs a change because so many veteran players of the game are getting bored/growing up a lot of the game should be changed instead of adding one gimmick after another. Afterall looking at still sprites is boring. Even if the game remains turn based, there should still be something more to look at. I've traveled throught many forums and I can assure you I've seen hundreds of negative feedback about gen 4's pokemon and content and were not ambitious for a gen 5.

League or battles, something has to change

Years
  • https://zonasafari.net/

Hinn City is the capital from Isshu's, At Hiun City, you can use another cameras apart from the rotational one.

https://pokebeach.com/
    thanks for that, huh... a capitol city... the first official capitol city... Kanto's capitol was Saffron, Johto's was Ecruteak, Hoenn was Rustboro, while Sinnoh's was Jubilife... these I saw as the capitols because they are based on the capitols of the real life provinces the regions are based on.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i cant wait to see the other new pokemon :3
    im sure theyll be great

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    thanks for that, huh... a capitol city... the first official capitol city... Kanto's capitol was Saffron, Johto's was Ecruteak, Hoenn was Rustboro, while Sinnoh's was Jubilife... these I saw as the capitols because they are based on the capitols of the real life provinces the regions are based on.

ahhh why rustboro? I hated that city! They should have made it Slateport, Mosdeep, or Lilycove instead.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    Since they're making this, what do you think happens to the DPPt GTS system. Do you think it would be scrapped in favor of whatever black and white has planned? How would it affect the metagame?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

if we went by that concept then we'd still be playing pokemon games with graphics from g/s/c. Improvements are the way to get more people to play, they make the games more fun, and you have to admit the battle system we have now is getting pretty boring. I mean it's been like what 11-12 years since r/b/y came out and we're still using the same battle system with some minor improvements?

Since they're making this, what do you think happens to the DPPt GTS system. Do you think it would be scrapped in favor of whatever black and white has planned? How would it affect the metagame?

If they do change the GTS system then it won't really matter for 4th gen one (if that is what you mean) since you won't be able to trade with D/P/Pt anyways. The current GTS system is kind of boring to me.

Last edited:

Years
  • ahhh why rustboro? I hated that city! They should have made it Slateport, Mosdeep, or Lilycove instead.
    Rustboro because it's based on the capitol of Kyushu the province Hoenn is based on... wait no it's actually Petalburg city... as it's based on Fukuoka as it's called the capitol of Kyushu... sorry about that mistake...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Rustboro because it's based on the capitol of Kyushu the province Hoenn is based on... wait no it's actually Petalburg city... as it's based on Fukuoka as it's called the capitol of Kyushu... sorry about that mistake...

so if Hiun is Isshu's capital then what city do you suppose it's based on? After all, they are using 2 regions of Japan, not one, to form this region so maybe it's based off of the largest city in each region combined?

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
  • I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    It is broken. you may not notice it much but it is. Most of the limitations in the current battle system such as only learning 4 moves and having it turn based is not there they wanted to but there because they had no choice, the Gameboy cannot support any kind of battle system that would remotely simulated what see on the amine, which would be much more exciting, add a sense of real time stragedy and fun to the game. It is broken because it's full of limitations and set backs, it's because of set backs a lot of pokemon are consideed too weak for competitive play, but imagine a game where sharpedo's speed is a huge advantage against most other pokemon he is actually out running them and not just a matter of attacking first.

Before anyone starts talking trash about the idea of changing current traditions in pokemon

Change: Scaring people since forever

Years
  • so if Hiun is Isshu's capital then what city do you suppose it's based on? After all, they are using 2 regions of Japan, not one, to form this region so maybe it's based off of the largest city in each region combined?
    That thing of two regions was fake as it was stated... forgot where that this region is going to be far away from the four known regions and the two regions we were believed to be the place it's going to be based on are very close to Kyushu (Hoenn) so as I mentioned before it might not be in Japan at all or maybe it's GF original...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back